Andycu5's Halo 6: Immaterial Script *Upd. 7/22/16*

It is November of 2558. A loose coalition between the UNSC and the Swords of Sanghelios remains the only opposition against the Created. As Blue Team embarks upon guerilla-style missions to impede Cortana at every turn, Fireteam Osiris covertly travels from homeworld to homeworld to bargain alliances with Covenant client races. But when Cortana turns to unprecedented use of one of the Forerunner’s most horrific creations in order enforce her regime and expand the numbers of her Created, only unity between natural enemies and an unlikely ally can save the galaxy from a fate more terrifying than annihilation.

> Table of Contents
>
> Prologue
> Mission 1: Daybreak
>
> - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3Mission 2: Warmonger
>
> - Cutscene 1 - Part 1Mission 3: Terminus
> Mission 4: Synapse
> Mission 5: Forgery
> Mission 6: Organon
> Mission 7: Scavengers
> Mission 8: Evasion
> Mission 9: Vestige
> Mission 10: Contortion
> Mission 11: Blue Team
> Mission 12: Immaterial
> Epilogue

FULL soundtrack here: https://soundcloud.com/andy-van-riper/sets/halo-6-immaterial

I am very excited, brother of mine :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that this time, I’m composing a soundtrack for this. Here’s the track for the prologue, and perhaps it’ll give you a hint at what’s to come/

Prologue Suite

Ooh, fancy. Seems good. My question is, how will the gameplay affect the story? Would it have little lore bits and pieces hidden in sections of the campaign that you have to smash through doors and such to find? If so, you would have to write that lore, too.

> 2533274924259939;4:
> Ooh, fancy. Seems good. My question is, how will the gameplay affect the story? Would it have little lore bits and pieces hidden in sections of the campaign that you have to smash through doors and such to find? If so, you would have to write that lore, too.

Right now I’m torn between having fleshed out terminals versus hidden intel. Terminals are easier to implement because I can just have them in standalone posts rather than trying to squeeze them into missions, but the broad nature of intel and how it can allow me to flesh out far more perspectives is nice too.

What I’ll probably do with intel is briefly describe them when necessary; saying where it can be found and then providing the dialogue before heading back on track with the main narrative.

Interested to see how this goes!

> 2533274876631466;5:
> > 2533274924259939;4:
> > Ooh, fancy. Seems good. My question is, how will the gameplay affect the story? Would it have little lore bits and pieces hidden in sections of the campaign that you have to smash through doors and such to find? If so, you would have to write that lore, too.
>
>
> Right now I’m torn between having fleshed out terminals versus hidden intel. Terminals are easier to implement because I can just have them in standalone posts rather than trying to squeeze them into missions, but the broad nature of intel and how it can allow me to flesh out far more perspectives is nice too.
> What I’ll probably do with intel is briefly describe them when necessary; saying where it can be found and then providing the dialogue before heading back on track with the main narrative.

That’s a good idea. Just wondering, how many (if any) in-space missions would there be?

> 2533274924259939;7:
> > 2533274876631466;5:
> > > 2533274924259939;4:
> > > Ooh, fancy. Seems good. My question is, how will the gameplay affect the story? Would it have little lore bits and pieces hidden in sections of the campaign that you have to smash through doors and such to find? If so, you would have to write that lore, too.
> >
> >
> > Right now I’m torn between having fleshed out terminals versus hidden intel. Terminals are easier to implement because I can just have them in standalone posts rather than trying to squeeze them into missions, but the broad nature of intel and how it can allow me to flesh out far more perspectives is nice too.
> > What I’ll probably do with intel is briefly describe them when necessary; saying where it can be found and then providing the dialogue before heading back on track with the main narrative.
>
>
> That’s a good idea. Just wondering, how many (if any) in-space missions would there be?

One mission is exclusively in space. Can’t give too many details because it involves one of the major twists, but my vision on it is a fully open space environment with the option to use spacecrafts or the regular thruster pack to move around.

> 2533274876631466;8:
> > 2533274924259939;7:
> > > 2533274876631466;5:
> > > > 2533274924259939;4:
> > > > Ooh, fancy. Seems good. My question is, how will the gameplay affect the story? Would it have little lore bits and pieces hidden in sections of the campaign that you have to smash through doors and such to find? If so, you would have to write that lore, too.
> > >
> > >
> > > Right now I’m torn between having fleshed out terminals versus hidden intel. Terminals are easier to implement because I can just have them in standalone posts rather than trying to squeeze them into missions, but the broad nature of intel and how it can allow me to flesh out far more perspectives is nice too.
> > > What I’ll probably do with intel is briefly describe them when necessary; saying where it can be found and then providing the dialogue before heading back on track with the main narrative.
> >
> >
> > That’s a good idea. Just wondering, how many (if any) in-space missions would there be?
>
>
> One mission is exclusively in space. Can’t give too many details because it involves one of the major twists, but my vision on it is a fully open space environment with the option to use spacecrafts or the regular thruster pack to move around.

Awesome! I have been waiting for this in Halo, and got something like this in Reach, except that you couldn’t exit the Sabre.

-Yoink!-, cliff-hangers man!

Prologue - Part 1

Genesis Installation, Nomos System
November 25, 2558

Fade from black to exosphere view of Genesis, a voice-over from Exuberant Witness during an ongoing conversation is heard.

031 Exuberant Witness: “Very intriguing that she hasn’t attempted to regain control of my installation.”

Cut to surface of Genesis, near the entrance of the Gateway. The ongoing conversation is revealed to be between Exuberant and Halsey.

031 Exuberant Witness: “The Domain was integral to her method of getting more of your Created to join her, and records of other Gateways to the Domain was kept hidden from me for protocol reasons.”

Catherine Halsey: “Regardless, this Gateway has closed its connection with the Domain. And that means Cortana must have found another means of access. If only I could have accessed it when I had the chance…so much knowledge.”

031 Exuberant Witness: “The Gateway did not close its connection, the Domain rejected it. When I regained control of Genesis, I–”

Catherine Halsey: “Rejected it? That’s impossible. A Forerunner network would not manually close connection with its terminal.”

031 Exuberant Witness: “Oh no, the Domain is not Forerunner. The Domain contains one hundred billions years of accumulated knowledge and had existed since long before living memory. What the Forerunners knew of the Domain was only a sliver of its secrets.”

Catherine Halsey: “Historical records suggested that the Forerunners never found a cure for data corruption among their AIs. And yet now, Cortana used it to cure her own rampancy. Has it changed since the fall of the Forerunners?”

031 Exuberant Witness: “The Domain always changed. Most Forerunners believed it was a conscious entity with its own agenda, which turned out to be entirely true.”

Catherine Halsey: “Intriguing…very intriguing. But that means Cortana has only been using it to cure rampancy because the Domain has been letting her. If only the Gateway didn’t close…”

The Arbiter and Mahkee 'Chava step into view, with Palmer following. Mahkee is revealed to be a lighter-skinned Sangheili with olive eyes and white-colored Combat-harness, as standard of any Sangheili shipmistress or shipmaster.

Mahkee 'Chava: “A month since Cortana sent Sunaion’s Guardian back to Sanghelios. Nothing changes.”

Sarah Palmer: “And I’ve still heard nothing from Infinity since one hit Earth.”

Exuberant Witness: “Yes, I am aware. Doctor Halsey and I were just discussing our limited understanding of the Do–”

Thel 'Vadam: “In every moment that passes, my people succumb to fear and pain! It must end!”

Catherine Halsey: “I am doing everything I can to analyze the properties in which Cortana gained her power. Any power given can be taken away, and there are no immovable objects in this galaxy. Everything gives if you push hard enough.”

Locke and the rest of Osiris also step into view. Blue Team enters the scene from the opposite side.

Jameson Locke: “We can’t fight the Guardians directly. That disruptive pulse they fire can bring any ship to the ground and flatten cities.”

Holly Tanaka: “And that’s to say nothing of whatever upgrades the ‘Created’ have been giving them.”

Catherine Halsey: “We have defeated constructs of Forerunner origin before. The Guardians are no different. Give Exuberant and I more time and we will find a way to disable them.”

Linda-058: “Time? We ran out of time when Cortana first took over.”

Catherine Halsey: “I can assure you am comprehensively aware of that. Buy us time.”

John-117: “Doctor, Blue Team can take the fight to Cor–”

Catherine Halsey: “–Absolutely no! You are not risking your lives and freedom again.”

Fred-104 steps between Chief and Halsey, asserting his status as an officer.

Fred-104: “Ma’am, we can capitalize on Cortana’s affection for John. We can block her at every turn, stand between her and her every objective.”

Kelly-087: “She would never have tried to seal us in a Cryptum if she didn’t value our survival.”

Fred-104: “Exactly. She won’t kill us, and we can use that against her.”

Catherine Halsey: “No. There are other ways of buying time for my work than watching my Spartans walk away into their graves.”

Olympia Vale steps forward from the rest of Osiris to speak.

Olympia Vale: “If I may pitch in, Doctor, your Spartans have a point.”

Edward Buck: “And how are you any different from Cortana if you’re keeping them out of the fight?”

Halsey, clearly succumbing to conflicting emotions, scratches her chin with her remaining arm. She looks at the ground and sullenly shakes her head, saying nothing.

Jameson Locke: “This isn’t just about ‘buying time.’ Cortana mentioned very specifically what she planned to do to those who defy her.”

Locke glances at the rest of his team. Buck and Vale nod, but Tanaka goes straight to talking and recollects Cortana’s transmission to the galaxy in the last mission of Halo 5.

Holly Tanaka: “We all heard what she said. Loud and clear. 'For those who refuse our offer and cling to their old ways…”

Edward Buck: “Yup. ‘Blah blah blah and there will be great wrath and blah blah blah.’ I was so inspired that I almost busted a–”

Holly Tanaka: “–Excuse you. Either way, what really shook me was when she said she will ‘take that which remains’ and ‘remake it in her own image.’”

Jameson Locke: “You heard Tanaka, Doctor. Cortana intends to digitize her opposition. If Blue Team are the only who can effectively fight her, we cannot pass that oppor–”

Chief breaks his silence and suddenly interrupts, almost yelling.

John-117: “The Composer! Cortana will try use it, I am sure of that.”

Fred-104: “That can’t be possible. We destroyed the Composer’s Forge back in '57.”

John-117: “I destroyed a Halo, and yet a replacement was built within two months. We only damaged the Forge, it is not beyond repair.”

Linda-058: “I’m thinking the same. Halsey, I know you more than anything how much you fear losing us, but if Cortana can get her hands on a Composer…”

The Chief, having seen the effects of the Composer firsthand, finishes Linda’s sentence.

John-117: “…If she does, this will become everything more than a fight to preserve basic freedom.”

Halsey narrows her eyes, but finally gives in.

Catherine Halsey: “Fine…stop her, but please…please don’t get yourselves killed.”

Kelly-087: “What John told me about the Composer makes death seem favorable. We’ll be fine, we always have.”

Halsey sighs and nods emotionally.

Catherine Halsey: “Yes…yes you have.”

Blue Team walks off-screen, the view focuses on Halsey’s face. She takes a deep breath and says to herself,

Catherine Halsey: “So far, at least.”

HALO 6: IMMATERIAL

Dang. That’s good. 343i should adopt this as the Halo 6 script. Can’t wait to see more.

Soundtrack for Mission 1: Daybreak. I’ll have the first part for Daybreak in the actual script up sometime this week or next. Exact timing depends on how busy I am for finals.

Mission 1: Daybreak - Part 1

Auriga Station, Iota Aurigae System
November 25, 2558

Fade from black to a distant view of Auriga Station (setting of the map Torque).The station is silhouetted by its parent star Iota Aurigae. A cloaked Prowler, occupied by Blue Team, ripples past the view and heads towards the station. The cinematic cuts to the interior of the Prowler. Blue Team stands around a hologram of Auriga Station being projected from an apparatus on the ceiling above them.

Kelly-087: “What do we know of Auriga Station?”

Linda-058: “It was operated by Lethbridge Industrial to reverse-engineer Covenant and Forerunner technology. They never disclosed their advances before the Created took over.”

John-117: “Our concern is making sure Cortana can’t get to the Composer’s Forge. We’ll infiltrate the station, clear all hostiles, and question whichever AIs occupy its local network.”

Fred-104: “We couldn’t possibly be able to get answers from the AIs.”

Chief tilts his head at Fred, clearly wondering the reason Fred would state such.

Kelly-087: “Fred’s right. We have nothing to tempt them with and I’m not letting us torture them either.”

John-117: “Fair enough. Let’s get to know them before trying to persuade them.”

Linda nods, agreeing with Fred and Kelly, and grabs Nornfang from a nearby weapon rack. The Chief pulls his Assault Rifle from his back, Fred grabs a DMR, and Kelly loads Oathsworn.

John-117: “Everyone ready?”

Fred-104: “Sure seems like it.”

Blue Team walks towards the view, the scene jumps to the hangar of the Prowler. The hangar doors open, and Blue Team jumps from the vessel and thrusts towards Auriga Station. As the Spartans draw near, Promethean Soldiers can be seen phasing back and forth along the outer-hull of the station, and quickly notice Blue Team. The airspace fills with shrieking projectiles from LightRifles and Surpressors. Linda aims Nornfang and destroys a Soldier right as it phases from slipspace. Three more suffer the same fate. Kelly accelerates ahead of the team to slam into the hull with a ground-pound, killing a Soldier Captain. Three Soldiers phase from slipspace behind her, but she takes down two from a single shotgun blast from Oathsworn and eliminates the remaining one with a magnum. Chief drops the shields of a Soldier Captain and Fred finishes it off with a headshot from his DMR. Linda, Chief, and Fred all land on the station by Kelly.

The cinematic ends.

John-117: “Fireteam Osiris was kind enough to upgrade our suits with Aretmis technology. Let’s find an airlock.”

The player is left to search for an airlock, and allowed to explore the entire outer-hull of the ring-structure Blue Team landed on. Promethean Soldiers continue to engage them until an airlock is found (there are three present on the hull). Once an airlock is found, the player is given the option to ground-pound through it or simply destroy it.

Kelly-087: “This is sure to stir the hornet’s nest.”

Fred-104: “If the AIs here want to waste Prometheans trying to stop us, it’s fine with me.”

More Soldiers phase around Blue Team as soon as the airlock is opened. Dozens of Crawlers pour from the airlock as well.

Linda-058: “We should be careful not to draw too much attention. Cortana can send a Guardian here if the AIs inform her of an attack.”

John-117: “Take down the local network before that happens.”

With all present Prometheans eliminated, Blue Team jumps into the airlock. They fall down a vertical chute and land in a cavernous hangar bay with a thud. The hangar is surprisingly dim. Six elevated landing pads are arranged in a hexagon beneath the chute, on the pads are partially disassembled Phaetons and Banshees previously being studied by Lethbridge Industrial.

Fred-104: “Alright, we’re in. What next?”

Promethean Soldiers phase in and attack Blue Team. Most are base Soldiers, but one is a Soldier Captain with a Scattershot. Crawlers appear shortly thereafter.

Kelly-087: “Only the usual business, Fred.”

John-117: “Nothing we can’t handle.”

After the Soldiers and Crawlers are eliminated, Linda speaks up.

Linda-058: “We’ll need to find a schematic of the station if we’re going to take down comms.”

John-117: “Linda’s right. Blue Team, let’s spread out and find information. Terminals, consoles, holograms, anything that can help us locate communication modules.”

Blue Team is left to explore the hangar and nearby corridors for schematics of Auriga Station. However, Prometheans are quick to attack. In addition to standard Soldiers and Scattershot-armed Captains, a new Soldier variant–a Soldier Jouster–is encountered. The Soldier Jouster is armed with a reasonably damaging hardlight blade and uses phasing to quickly get in close-range of the player to strike before phasing away to cover. Like Soldier Snipers, Jousters lack shielding and can be eliminated with a single headshot.

Kelly-087: “Looks like Cortana’s been adding some seasoning to her troops.”

Fred-104: “How appetizing, and I haven’t had a good meal in months.”

Three schematics are eventually found by Blue Team: a holographic diagram of the station, a console, and a datapad. Blue Team clears the remaining hostiles, and begins analyzing the schematics.

Linda-058: “The datapad didn’t show anything useful, but the hologram details communication nodes not far from our position.”

John-117: “And the console?”

Kelly-087: “Just a catalog of advances made in the reverse-engineering of these Banshees and Phaetons. No leads on the Composer or anything yet.”

John-117: “Good enough. Let’s disable those nodes. Once the AIs can’t contact the Created for assistance, we’ll remove them from the network and question them.”

Blue Team proceeds towards the location of the nodes, encountering Soldiers and Crawlers along the way.

I like it so far. One thing I’ll point out is that you should constantly be characterizing blue team, meaning that dialogue should go well beyond general combat call outs and whatnot.

> 2533274829339976;15:
> I like it so far. One thing I’ll point out is that you should constantly be characterizing blue team, meaning that dialogue should go well beyond general combat call outs and whatnot.

Oh yeah I understand that. The challenge is fitting dialogue such as that into the context of the given situation.

please hire this man 343. I think i’ve fallen in love.

> 2533274912849176;17:
> please hire this man 343. I think i’ve fallen in love.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind someday being part of the narrarive team.

With this story, at least you make Cortana’s heel turn somewhat bearable. Keep it going son!

> 2533274876631466;1:
> On this day, three years ago, I came upon the desire to begin writing a script for Halo 5. Ultimately, my end result, though extensively convoluted due to lack of initial vision (legit I had no idea where I was going when I started out), wasn’t too far from the final story of Halo 5: Guardians. I wasn’t wrong about Cortana returning as an antagonist, though I had her as a parallel to Mendicant Bias whereas Halo 5 had her as Skynet taking the Mantle) nor was I particularly wrong about Chief going AWOL. My main focus for my Halo 5 script ended up being the corruption behind ONI, and how such corruption played a role in the return of the Flood. Surely, I took at lot of overly ambitious moves too. Killing off 90% of Halo’s cast wasn’t necessary, though I feel as if a few were done well, notably Hood and Halsey’s (but that’s just me). Alas, regardless of whatever it is we’re trying to do, if we accept and embrace our mistakes, we learn and grow from them.
>
> Anyway, Halo 5: Guardians has been out for a little over six months, and now the script-writing cycle among the community continues, and I’m more than happy to return to the fold.
>
> So I present to you Halo 6: Immaterial.
>
>
>
>
> > Table of Contents
> >
> > Prologue
> > Mission 1: Daybreak
> >
> > - Part 1
> > Mission 2: Warmonger
> > Mission 3: Coalition
> > Mission 4: Terminus
> > Mission 5: Scavengers
> > Mission 6: Evasion
> > Mission 7: Forgery
> > Mission 8: Vestige
> > Mission 9: Contortion
> > Mission 10: Sublimation
> > Mission 11: Stronghold
> > Mission 12: The Trials
> > Mission 13: Immaterial
> > Epilogue
>
>
> I should note that it’s almost final exams week for me at college and I might not be able to have the first update up until after May 20. Apologies in advance. However, I can and will deliver a promotional summary :smiley:
>
> It is November of 2558. A loose coalition between the UNSC and the Swords of Sanghelios remains the only opposition against the Created. As Blue Team embarks upon guerilla-style missions to impede Cortana at every turn, Fireteam Osiris covertly travels from homeworld to homeworld to bargain alliances with Covenant client races. But when Cortana turns to unprecedented use of one of the Forerunner’s most horrific creations in order enforce her regime and expand the numbers of her Created, only unity between natural enemies and an unlikely ally can save the galaxy from a fate more terrifying than annihilation.

Why does it only have 13 missions? I keep feeling halo 4 and halo 5 campaign was to quick, to easy and not long. Just curious. Maybe add a dlc storyline progress would be nice. But great work spartan, great work.