Anders Sentinels VS AI

Good morning. I’ve played as Prof Anders several times this morning in the 3 VS AI playlist. I’ve been using her protector sentinels to devastating effect. As a matter of fact I only lost one time this morning due to disconnect.

I unlock the protectors early game as you only need 2 leader powers to do it. The units themselves are pretty cheap to produce and are extreamly effective against hellbringer and chopper/jackrabbit rushes. My base is set up to just deliver protectors- I only build supply pads, generators, and an armory. Nothing else besides turrets.

The sentinels are pretty weak against Wolverines but speed is the sentinels greatest aggressive power. With 10 or 12 of them you can wipe out an enemy base in less than a minute- and I’m using the term “less than” loosely, as they are essentially a flying locust. These things wreck bases! I go in and kill the garage first leaving the AI will no real way to fight me off. I can dodge leader powers easily because of how fast they move and avoid wolverines as I chose because they have a much slower movement speed and are restricted by terrain.

Correct me if I’m wrong but there isn’t an anti air, air unit. How do you stop the sentinels in multiplayer against other people? Has this been a trend in multiplayer to have Anders players use nothing but sentinels in game? Does this put a giant target on Anders players early game?

I’ve been using her sentinels a lot recently. The way to stop it is to infantry rush her or mass wolverines. Anti air turrets are also pretty good. You just have to hit her before she gets too many of them out. It is entirely possible to beat it. But it’s hilarious how quickly they destroy buildings.

> 2533274812650916;2:
> I’ve been using her sentinels a lot recently. The way to stop it is to infantry rush her or mass wolverines. Anti air turrets are also pretty good. You just have to hit her before she gets too many of them out. It is entirely possible to beat it. But it’s hilarious how quickly they destroy buildings.

Agree. I imagine it’s tough to out maneuver the sentinels with infantry due to speed. I assume I was correct about there being no anti air, air units?

> 2533274820255178;3:
> > 2533274812650916;2:
> > I’ve been using her sentinels a lot recently. The way to stop it is to infantry rush her or mass wolverines. Anti air turrets are also pretty good. You just have to hit her before she gets too many of them out. It is entirely possible to beat it. But it’s hilarious how quickly they destroy buildings.
>
> Agree. I imagine it’s tough to out maneuver the sentinels with infantry due to speed. I assume I was correct about there being no anti air, air units?

Plasma torpedoes on Banshees are anti-air. They aren’t as fast as Sentinels, though.

> 2533274812650916;2:
> I’ve been using her sentinels a lot recently. The way to stop it is to infantry rush her or mass wolverines. Anti air turrets are also pretty good. You just have to hit her before she gets too many of them out. It is entirely possible to beat it. But it’s hilarious how quickly they destroy buildings.

two condors work well as they can target multiple sentinels quickly, they are kind of op due to the fact any base can make them without an air pad, leaving more space for other buildings.

> 2533274812650916;2:

Only problem is done properly by the 4 min mark ot is possible to have 6 -9 of them which can easily kill off marines and they build almost as fast as marines

> 2533274812650916;2:

I abuse them in Strongholds. A lot of times I need those buildings gone.

I played several games this morning in death match and domination. I haven’t tried sentinels in strongholds yet. I bet they are nasty in the early game when the opposition can’t use wolverines yet!