Anders Sentinal Beacon and Synergy Nerf Needed

Okay lets talk about Anders since 343 doesnt seem to understand the real problem, they are currently going to be nerfing sentinals which does not really solve the problem and is not the issue at high level. The issue is with sentinal beacon and sentinal synergy, for those of you who do not know about these abilities they can be purchased as the 4th and 5th leader points. Sentinal beacon allows Kodiaks and siege turrets to spawn a sentinal(similar to the arc defense sentinals each time they fire a artillery shell. And sentinal synergy ups the ability to spawn 2 sentinals per artillery shell instead of 1 so for example if a player has 5 kodiaks and a siege turrets each volley of fire spawns 11 sentinals, making it almost impossible to break anders turtles. SO there are several problems with this first of all once you fire you have infinite line of sight as the spawned sentinals keep vison for the next shot,
2) your getting free expendable units that are still strong and tanky, with kodiaks and wolves plus a few sentinals pretty much impossible to break a anders unless they are bad
3) any pressure you try to put on they can run 15 sentinals into your base and you lose your base well they laugh as you try to break them well eating a bag of fritos.( the sentinal nerf will fix the problem of it being difficult to move out with your whole army need to leave 6-7 wolves back to guard base with turrets
4. part of the reason it is so hard to break is because you need AA like wolves to deal with kodiak sentinals and the normal base sentinals and they do not do well vs turrets
5) Another problem is they take no population so you can far exceed the unit pop when you have a 120 pop and spawn another 30-40 sentinals on top

343 this ability needs to REMOVED and replaced and if you cannot do this it needs a severe rework or nerf its rediculous that something like free infinite spawning units is even in the game it reminds me of swarmhost era in starcraft even worse than that honestly

> 2533274800158464;1:
> 2) your getting free expendable units

NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!

> 2533274807340992;2:
> > 2533274800158464;1:
> > 2) your getting free expendable units
>
> NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!

Win loss is the only stat alot of people care for.

On the actual post, I wouldn’t say their op. Just use air. The enemy can’t have that much aa, as they’ll want to still be able to attack. Also, to be fair, if you let Anders build up to four tech points and get five kodiaks and AA out and running around you haven’t been doing a very good scouting job.

As for countering, Isabella doesn’t have much but otherwise:

• Cutter: ODST Cyclops and battleground and ODST reg drop, use charge packs. Deploy sight of line via air. By fighting in their dead zone they can’t counter, keep that in mind for the next few. - Forge: Pelican drop 20 or so cyclops in - Any Banished: Teleport in hunters - Shipmaster: As above, but also displace the counters around the kodiaksFinally, those senitnals do not last long. They pop out after a few seconds. Retreat and they lose LOS.

> 2533274847364210;3:
> > 2533274807340992;2:
> > > 2533274800158464;1:
> > > 2) your getting free expendable units
> >
> > NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!
>
> Win loss is the only stat alot of people care for.
>
> On the actual post, I wouldn’t say their op. Just use air. The enemy can’t have that much aa, as they’ll want to still be able to attack. Also, to be fair, if you let Anders build up to four tech points and get five kodiaks and AA out and running around you haven’t been doing a very good scouting job.
>
> As for countering, Isabella doesn’t have much but otherwise:
> - Cutter: ODST Cyclops and battleground and ODST reg drop, use charge packs. Deploy sight of line via air. By fighting in their dead zone they can’t counter, keep that in mind for the next few. - Forge: Pelican drop 20 or so cyclops in - Any Banished: Teleport in hunters - Shipmaster: As above, but also displace the counters around the kodiaksFinally, those senitnals do not last long. They pop out after a few seconds. Retreat and they lose LOS.

sorry man but this is totally wrong none of those strats would work they make wolverine sentinal with it and no way your getting cyclops on top of the kodiaks there not all in the same spot there spread out you would get like 2 maybe there broken its a fact i wasnt opening it for disscussion simply bringing it to there attention

> 2533274800158464;4:
> > 2533274847364210;3:
> > > 2533274807340992;2:
> > > > 2533274800158464;1:
> > > > 2) your getting free expendable units
>
> sorry man but this is totally wrong none of those strats would work they make wolverine sentinal with it and no way your getting cyclops on top of the kodiaks there not all in the same spot there spread out you would get like 2 maybe there broken its a fact i wasnt opening it for disscussion simply bringing it to there attention

If you don’t want discussion, go to the feedback thread. If you think wolverines will stop ODSTs, somethings up with you. Cyclops kill artilery very fast, and ODSTs soft counter air.

The forge tactic is abit inefficient, considering two condors will merc a small force of wolverines with air…just just flank and circle the base.

Displacement would allow you to teleport away wolverines. Not sure how they stop banshees while half way accross the map. Teleporting in hunters, while keeping banshees on standby would also allow you to take out the wolverines.

And as I said, just not letting them build up such a ridiculously expensive set up requiring so many prerequisites also works. If you have map domination and logistics and the power nodes, a turtled base is easy work.

> 2533274800158464;1:
> there not all in the same spot there spread out

Which means your opponent knew exactly what he’s doing and he did it very well.

And the fact is now pretty clear: You went against a SKILLED player and lost. This is not over powered, it’s just ‘git gud’.
Now if you went against a careless player who had no strategy or tactics but only spammed one unit and won, THAT would be called over powered.

> 2533274847364210;3:
> > 2533274807340992;2:
> > > 2533274800158464;1:
> > > 2) your getting free expendable units
> >
> > NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!
>
> Win loss is the only stat alot of people care for.
>
> On the actual post, I wouldn’t say their op. Just use air. The enemy can’t have that much aa, as they’ll want to still be able to attack. Also, to be fair, if you let Anders build up to four tech points and get five kodiaks and AA out and running around you haven’t been doing a very good scouting job.
>
> As for countering, Isabella doesn’t have much but otherwise:
> - Cutter: ODST Cyclops and battleground and ODST reg drop, use charge packs. Deploy sight of line via air. By fighting in their dead zone they can’t counter, keep that in mind for the next few. - Forge: Pelican drop 20 or so cyclops in - Any Banished: Teleport in hunters - Shipmaster: As above, but also displace the counters around the kodiaksFinally, those senitnals do not last long. They pop out after a few seconds. Retreat and they lose LOS.

I can attest that if they’re smart, Cutter’s counter is difficult to pull of. Essentially, they can shoot down your units before you’re close enough to really get behind them (where you can then drop all of your stuff right on their Kodiaks). The issue is that a smart anders player will have some sentinels there to help clean up anything you drop on them.

Banished definitely have some solid counters, especially Shipmaster.

> 2641843709998544;7:
> > 2533274847364210;3:
> > >
> > > NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!
> >
> > Win loss is the only stat alot of people care for.
> >
> > On the actual post, I wouldn’t say their op. Just use air. The enemy can’t have that much aa, as they’ll want to still be able to attack. Also, to be fair, if you let Anders build up to four tech points and get five kodiaks and AA out and running around you haven’t been doing a very good scouting job.
> >
> > As for countering, Isabella doesn’t have much but otherwise:
> > - Cutter: ODST Cyclops and battleground and ODST reg drop, use charge packs. Deploy sight of line via air. By fighting in their dead zone they can’t counter, keep that in mind for the next few. - Forge: Pelican drop 20 or so cyclops in - Any Banished: Teleport in hunters - Shipmaster: As above, but also displace the counters around the kodiaksFinally, those senitnals do not last long. They pop out after a few seconds. Retreat and they lose LOS.
>
> I can attest that if they’re smart, Cutter’s counter is difficult to pull of. Essentially, they can shoot down your units before you’re close enough to really get behind them (where you can then drop all of your stuff right on their Kodiaks). The issue is that a smart anders player will have some sentinels there to help clean up anything you drop on them.
>
> Banished definitely have some solid counters, especially Shipmaster.

If they’re smart, they likely have already destroyed you and aren’t messing around with Kodiaks, other then to provide cover till their alpha strike destroys you. A cloak sniper team might also work, instead of air as cutter.

> 2533274847364210;8:
> > 2641843709998544;7:
> > > 2533274847364210;3:
> > > > 2533274807340992;2:
> > > > > 2533274800158464;1:
> > > > > 2) your getting free expendable units
> > > >
> > > > NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!
> > >
> > > Win loss is the only stat alot of people care for.
> > >
> > > On the actual post, I wouldn’t say their op. Just use air. The enemy can’t have that much aa, as they’ll want to still be able to attack. Also, to be fair, if you let Anders build up to four tech points and get five kodiaks and AA out and running around you haven’t been doing a very good scouting job.
> > >
> > > As for countering, Isabella doesn’t have much but otherwise:
> > > - Cutter: ODST Cyclops and battleground and ODST reg drop, use charge packs. Deploy sight of line via air. By fighting in their dead zone they can’t counter, keep that in mind for the next few. - Forge: Pelican drop 20 or so cyclops in - Any Banished: Teleport in hunters - Shipmaster: As above, but also displace the counters around the kodiaksFinally, those senitnals do not last long. They pop out after a few seconds. Retreat and they lose LOS.
> >
> > I can attest that if they’re smart, Cutter’s counter is difficult to pull of. Essentially, they can shoot down your units before you’re close enough to really get behind them (where you can then drop all of your stuff right on their Kodiaks). The issue is that a smart anders player will have some sentinels there to help clean up anything you drop on them.
> >
> > Banished definitely have some solid counters, especially Shipmaster.
>
> If they’re smart, they likely have already destroyed you and aren’t messing around with Kodiaks, other then to provide cover till their alpha strike destroys you. A cloak sniper team might also work, instead of air as cutter.

Ohhh that’s a good idea. Really only for late game but I like it!

> 2533274800158464;1:
> Okay lets talk about Anders since 343 doesnt seem to understand the real problem, they are currently going to be nerfing sentinals which does not really solve the problem and is not the issue at high level. The issue is with sentinal beacon and sentinal synergy, for those of you who do not know about these abilities they can be purchased as the 4th and 5th leader points. Sentinal beacon allows Kodiaks and siege turrets to spawn a sentinal(similar to the arc defense sentinals each time they fire a artillery shell. And sentinal synergy ups the ability to spawn 2 sentinals per artillery shell instead of 1 so for example if a player has 5 kodiaks and a siege turrets each volley of fire spawns 11 sentinals, making it almost impossible to break anders turtles. SO there are several problems with this first of all once you fire you have infinite line of sight as the spawned sentinals keep vison for the next shot,
> 2) your getting free expendable units that are still strong and tanky, with kodiaks and wolves plus a few sentinals pretty much impossible to break a anders unless they are bad
> 3) any pressure you try to put on they can run 15 sentinals into your base and you lose your base well they laugh as you try to break them well eating a bag of fritos.( the sentinal nerf will fix the problem of it being difficult to move out with your whole army need to leave 6-7 wolves back to guard base with turrets
> 4. part of the reason it is so hard to break is because you need AA like wolves to deal with kodiak sentinals and the normal base sentinals and they do not do well vs turrets
> 5) Another problem is they take no population so you can far exceed the unit pop when you have a 120 pop and spawn another 30-40 sentinals on top
>
> 343 this ability needs to REMOVED and replaced and if you cannot do this it needs a severe rework or nerf its rediculous that something like free infinite spawning units is even in the game it reminds me of swarmhost era in starcraft even worse than that honestly

Forums Elites wins this one, you should probably get good, you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about :wink:

Agreed on the Sentinel Beacon and Synergy nerf.

So far I’ve not played an Anders that’s good enough to survive a marine push but I dread the game that will be the case. I’ve messed around with the Kodiaks in team games and I don’t see any viable UNSC counter.

Any of the counters brought up here would only work against an Anders that doesn’t know what she’s doing.

^^^ thanks finally someone who knows what there talking about sorry guys but its broken no question

> 2533274841615831;11:
> So far I’ve not played an Anders that’s good enough to survive a marine push

Marine rush is itself a cheap tactics against most average players.

> 2533274800158464;4:
> > 2533274847364210;3:
> > >
> > > NO NO NO my friend, these little cute puppies don’t come free! If you lose any of them, they count as your lost units. So if you use them carelessly, your after action report will be totally messed up! You could end up with several hundreds of lost units while only having built tens. This is already a VERY serious deterrence for anyone to use them lightly!
> >
> > Win loss is the only stat alot of people care for.
> >
> > On the actual post, I wouldn’t say their op. Just use air. The enemy can’t have that much aa, as they’ll want to still be able to attack. Also, to be fair, if you let Anders build up to four tech points and get five kodiaks and AA out and running around you haven’t been doing a very good scouting job.
> >
> > As for countering, Isabella doesn’t have much but otherwise:
> > - Cutter: ODST Cyclops and battleground and ODST reg drop, use charge packs. Deploy sight of line via air. By fighting in their dead zone they can’t counter, keep that in mind for the next few. - Forge: Pelican drop 20 or so cyclops in - Any Banished: Teleport in hunters - Shipmaster: As above, but also displace the counters around the kodiaksFinally, those senitnals do not last long. They pop out after a few seconds. Retreat and they lose LOS.
>
> sorry man but this is totally wrong none of those strats would work they make wolverine sentinal with it and no way your getting cyclops on top of the kodiaks there not all in the same spot there spread out you would get like 2 maybe there broken its a fact i wasnt opening it for disscussion simply bringing it to there attention

In order for the kodiaks to be effective they need to be close together so the aoe is small and the damage is focused on single unit types at once.

This in turn makes them vulnerable as you can dow what he said and get close to wreck. If they are spaced our kodiaks are really crap, they can barely take light vehicles

> 2533274800158464;12:
> ^^^ thanks finally someone who knows what there talking about sorry guys but its broken no question

Kodiaks are not broken in any way. I’ve used the perk in unison extensively and the damage output is final at best. I’ve made a large army of mainly kodiaks, set up outside of enemies base and let loose, it took several minutes to even do any damage then their army arrived and waltzed right through.

I’ve used them in base defense with a similar set up to what you explained and any heavy tanks will roll over your defense. The ley to beating any playstyle is strategy, sure if you just kamikazed your units at my base you would lose alot, but even then, with the nominal output, you would probably still win.

Bottom line is I think they need to look at the perk and revaluate it. People need to be able to turtle in a way that makes it pretty difficult to penetrate without some planning first. Similar to how rushing should be effect against semi decent players,but against good opponents you are forced to think instead of spam

> 2533274867382575;15:
> > 2533274800158464;12:
> > ^^^ thanks finally someone who knows what there talking about sorry guys but its broken no question
>
> Kodiaks are not broken in any way. I’ve used the perk in unison extensively and the damage output is final at best. I’ve made a large army of mainly kodiaks, set up outside of enemies base and let loose, it took several minutes to even do any damage then their army arrived and waltzed right through.
>
> I’ve used them in base defense with a similar set up to what you explained and any heavy tanks will roll over your defense. The ley to beating any playstyle is strategy, sure if you just kamikazed your units at my base you would lose alot, but even then, with the nominal output, you would probably still win.
>
> Bottom line is I think they need to look at the perk and revaluate it. People need to be able to turtle in a way that makes it pretty difficult to penetrate without some planning first. Similar to how rushing should be effect against semi decent players,but against good opponents you are forced to think instead of spam

your trolling right? i cant tell

> 2533274807340992;6:
> > 2533274800158464;1:
> > there not all in the same spot there spread out
>
> Which means your opponent knew exactly what he’s doing and he did it very well.

No it doesnt. You generally don’t clump your units up together especially kodiaks. That’s knowledge that you use regardless of your opponents skill level.

> 2533274807340992;13:
> > 2533274841615831;11:
> > So far I’ve not played an Anders that’s good enough to survive a marine push
>
> Marine rush is itself a cheap tactics against most average players.

It’s actually pretty much the only viable thing right now.
It’s also a bit difficult to take anything you say serious when you have 6 games on your service record :confused:

> 2533274800158464;16:
> > 2533274867382575;15:
> > > 2533274800158464;12:
> > > ^^^ thanks finally someone who knows what there talking about sorry guys but its broken no question
> >
> > Kodiaks are not broken in any way. I’ve used the perk in unison extensively and the damage output is final at best. I’ve made a large army of mainly kodiaks, set up outside of enemies base and let loose, it took several minutes to even do any damage then their army arrived and waltzed right through.
> >
> > I’ve used them in base defense with a similar set up to what you explained and any heavy tanks will roll over your defense. The ley to beating any playstyle is strategy, sure if you just kamikazed your units at my base you would lose alot, but even then, with the nominal output, you would probably still win.
> >
> > Bottom line is I think they need to look at the perk and revaluate it. People need to be able to turtle in a way that makes it pretty difficult to penetrate without some planning first. Similar to how rushing should be effect against semi decent players,but against good opponents you are forced to think instead of spam
>
> your trolling right? i cant tell

no I’m not

> 2533274800158464;1:
> Okay lets talk about Anders since 343 doesnt seem to understand the real problem, they are currently going to be nerfing sentinals which does not really solve the problem and is not the issue at high level. The issue is with sentinal beacon and sentinal synergy, for those of you who do not know about these abilities they can be purchased as the 4th and 5th leader points. Sentinal beacon allows Kodiaks and siege turrets to spawn a sentinal(similar to the arc defense sentinals each time they fire a artillery shell. And sentinal synergy ups the ability to spawn 2 sentinals per artillery shell instead of 1 so for example if a player has 5 kodiaks and a siege turrets each volley of fire spawns 11 sentinals, making it almost impossible to break anders turtles. SO there are several problems with this first of all once you fire you have infinite line of sight as the spawned sentinals keep vison for the next shot,
> 2) your getting free expendable units that are still strong and tanky, with kodiaks and wolves plus a few sentinals pretty much impossible to break a anders unless they are bad
> 3) any pressure you try to put on they can run 15 sentinals into your base and you lose your base well they laugh as you try to break them well eating a bag of fritos.( the sentinal nerf will fix the problem of it being difficult to move out with your whole army need to leave 6-7 wolves back to guard base with turrets
> 4. part of the reason it is so hard to break is because you need AA like wolves to deal with kodiak sentinals and the normal base sentinals and they do not do well vs turrets
> 5) Another problem is they take no population so you can far exceed the unit pop when you have a 120 pop and spawn another 30-40 sentinals on top
>
> 343 this ability needs to REMOVED and replaced and if you cannot do this it needs a severe rework or nerf its rediculous that something like free infinite spawning units is even in the game it reminds me of swarmhost era in starcraft even worse than that honestly

As banished, mix in a few shrouds. Problem solved.