and they screw it up again, big suprise. NOT!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

well to nobodies big surprise 343 have messed up again, microtransactions and pay 2 win in halo wars 2. funny enough i was considering giving this game a try because they at least got the art style right, but no, they have to make another short sighted profit driven decision that i refuse to support or be apart of, anyone with a lick of self respect or standards for what the gaming industry should be should boycott anything with microtransactions and pay 2 win as a matter of principle.
343 req packs didn’t work in h5, they won’t work here, your company is hated and despised due to its bad practices.
http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/internet-gaming/343-industries-in-kirkland-wa-22725921/
yeesh an F. thats harsh, i almost feel hurt for you, almost, then again you did sell me a faulty product and fail to fix it, you also false marketed.
look, we both have said alot of things your going to regret, but we can put the past behind us, for gaming, you monster.
you will listen to your fanbase and conduct consumer friendly business practices or your company and the series you are responsible for will fail and fade into obscurity and then nothingness.
trust me when i say this, there is no alternative. iv’e done the research.
ps for those cheeky admins who use lack of constructive criticism as an excuse to silence me and remove my posts literally every time.
constructiveness commencing in 3…2…1
you could try not having microtransactions and pay 2 win models in your game.
there.

My oh my, those 47 negative reviews on the better business bureau website are really telling. 343 must really be the worst developer in video gaming history.

But is it official? We don’t know, for all we know, it could be credit based instead of micro transactions, but we don’t know.

NOT GOOD!
Pay to win shouldn’t be in any game where you have to purchase the game at full retail, cosmetic enhancements, yes absolutely. OW and gears4 are good examples of this done properly, they offer you packs which give you no advantage in game, but hey you look cool whooping some noobs, awesome. When they start asking you to pay full retail and then start charging you to have an an edge over the opposition, that’s just terrible. If they want to sell packs, they should be cosmetic packs only.

The game mode looks great, it won’t be a true test of skill, as it takes all the skill out of it, but want to have some fast paced fun with a twist, then this is the mode!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

> 2535415111658532;3:
> But is it official? We don’t know, for all we know, it could be credit based instead of micro transactions, but we don’t know.

c’mon dude, its 343, you can bet your left nut nut that there will be microtransactions
343 is as greedy as they come.

> 2533274794693191;4:
> NOT GOOD!
> Pay to win shouldn’t be in any game where you have to purchase the game at full retail, cosmetic enhancements, yes absolutely. OW and gears4 are good examples of this done properly, they offer you packs which give you no advantage in game, but hey you look cool whooping some noobs, awesome. When they start asking you to pay full retail and then start charging you to have an an edge over the opposition, that’s just terrible. If they want to sell packs, they should be cosmetic packs only.
>
> The game mode looks great, it won’t be a true test of skill, as it takes all the skill out of it, but want to have some fast paced fun with a twist, then this is the mode!

i don’t agree with microtransactions at all. but if they are going to be in the game, it should be

A. cosmetics only
B. said cosmetics can be unlocked fairly without e.g credit system.

> 2533274857468287;5:
> > 2535415111658532;3:
> > But is it official? We don’t know, for all we know, it could be credit based instead of micro transactions, but we don’t know.
>
>
> c’mon dude, its 343, you can bet your left nut nut that there will be microtransactions
>
> 343 is as greedy as they come.

Except the primary developer isn’t 343. Also, I don’t remember there being micro transactions in halo 4 or Mcc. If I remember, they have heaps of content so it proves that they don’t necessarily need more money

> 2535415111658532;7:
> > 2533274857468287;5:
> > > 2535415111658532;3:
> > > But is it official? We don’t know, for all we know, it could be credit based instead of micro transactions, but we don’t know.
> >
> > c’mon dude, its 343, you can bet your left nut nut that there will be microtransactions
> > 343 is as greedy as they come.
>
> Except the primary developer isn’t 343. Also, I don’t remember there being micro transactions in halo 4 or Mcc. If I remember, they have heaps of content so it proves that they don’t necessarily need more money

343 still have a hand in the development, hell you have that dan ayoub guy (who i really want fired) hawking the game likes the 2nd coming of jesus, he was the same guy that advertised mcc.
h4 was there first game and to be fair they did try to sell the game to the cod kiddies, and mcc was and still is broken, but i guarantee you they will add microtransactions.

Right, since apparently no one actually investigated this let me explain what the micro transactions are. In the halo wars 2 you earn points and can but with said points or with money card booster packs. These booster packs give you permanent use cards (you can use them forever) that you can then modify your Blitz deck with.

TLDR: it’s like harthstone and only applies to the blitz game mode.

> 2533274902628105;9:
> Right, since apparently no one actually investigated this let me explain what the micro transactions are. In the halo wars 2 you earn points and can but with said points or with money card booster packs. These booster packs give you permanent use cards (you can use them forever) that you can then modify your Blitz deck with.
>
> TLDR: it’s like harthstone and only applies to the blitz game mode.

Make a new game mode and only have reqs tied to that specific game mode.

Kinda like Warzone. Ya’ll need to calm down and breathe. It’s one mode. Besides are we really surprised? MS wants more money. Shocking.

I seriously doubt this is true. I do not see microtransactions in Halo Wars 2, or any other RTS game for that matter. They aren’t made to work with that genre, IMO.

> 2535405116054664;11:
> I seriously doubt this is true. I do not see microtransactions in Halo Wars 2, or any other RTS game for that matter. They aren’t made to work with that genre, IMO.

It has been confirmed creative assembled confirmed it. I have to admit though I would have expected better from creative assembly

> 2535451095571869;12:
> > 2535405116054664;11:
> > I seriously doubt this is true. I do not see microtransactions in Halo Wars 2, or any other RTS game for that matter. They aren’t made to work with that genre, IMO.
>
>
> It has been confirmed creative assembled confirmed it. I have to admit though I would have expected better from creative assembly

If you don’t mind me asking, could you link me to where they said this?

To be fair though H5 released all of it’s DLC for free, and buying req packs was easy enough with the in game credits. Compare this to the new GoW4 which has card packs for horde. GoW has a season pass for its maps, you earn hardly any in game credit, the real world price is extortionate and it’s for one of their most popular game modes.

Don’t get me wrong, micro transactions in games you have already paid for is one of the worst new practices in gaming. But as far as 343 goes, they are certainly not the worst culprits by a long shot. And as long as its exclusive to Blitz and doesn’t worm it’s way into deathmatch, i don’t think most people will care.

The way I see it, this works exactly like it does in Hearthstone, and is only for the Blitz gametype. Since the only things that we buy with microtransactions/in-game currency are the cards and not every single thing in the game, I’m ok with it.

> 2533274808386392;15:
> The way I see it, this works exactly like it does in Hearthstone, and is only for the Blitz gametype. Since the only things that we buy with microtransactions/in-game currency are the cards and not every single thing in the game, I’m ok with it.

hearthstone is a free download… do you even know what you’re saying?

Well since there is no customization for a character in halo wars 2 if there even is a micro transaction system it won’t be as intrusive as halo 5 because the only thing they can sell without destroying the game are those silly cards for that one game mode, and if it’s for blitz and only blitz (which it will be) I see no problem with the overall game. Your acting like 343 is making all the game modes like this.

> 2533274794693191;16:
> > 2533274808386392;15:
> > The way I see it, this works exactly like it does in Hearthstone, and is only for the Blitz gametype. Since the only things that we buy with microtransactions/in-game currency are the cards and not every single thing in the game, I’m ok with it.
>
>
> hearthstone is a free download… do you even know what you’re saying?

Yes I do? I’ve been playing Hearthstone pretty much since release, and I have yet to pay a cent for any microtransactions or card packs. You can play Hearthstone without ever paying a cent, while still being able to buy card packs and adventures. I don’t see why you can’t play Halo Wars 2’s Blitz mode without paying any extra money for microtransactions as well.

The difference is we have to pay full price, at premium price at that and still have to pay for micro transactions for an advantage. You don’t seem to see the difference here and why its terrible for consumers. I don’t know what else to say

> 2533274803538435;14:
> To be fair though H5 released all of it’s DLC for free, and buying req packs was easy enough with the in game credits.

Basic game features that were missing at launch being patched in later is not free DLC. If they dared to charge for implementing those missing features their HQ would probably have been firebombed by rabid halo fans