And just like that, the PB REQ pack was gone...

Wow, no warning whatsoever, the Prophet’s Bane pack has gone. It’s disappeared today for me, anyone else confirm?

Anyone know what pack they’re doing next?

I’m assuming a Nornfang and if we’re lucky, this is the end of the month of mythic.

Well, if any sort of God or deity exists they will
stop doing this month of mythic cash grab and go back to making actual content

I wish they would make the packs cash-only and the weapons can’t be stolen by other shitheads & respawn with you when you die…

> 2533274792641480;1:
> Wow, no warning whatsoever, the Prophet’s Bane pack has gone. It’s disappeared today for me, anyone else confirm?
> Anyone know what pack they’re doing next?

I’m logging on right now to inspect this, and if it’s true, well, I think someone in the REQ managment team is gonna get a stern talking to thanks to this PR disaster.

-Scanning…just dust and echoes…
We did what we had to do, to win
An entire group of players obliterated with the Prophet’s Bane
We had no choice.
The Month of Mythic is finished…

• No, I think we are just getting started…

Wow that was a fast month, or was it?

Damn it!

I was about to buy some cause I don’t want to be left in the dark and be the only one with out any banes.

Cause I can’t beat them I may as well join them. Now they have a stock pile and I don’t. I was trying to sell stuff i don’t need to buy one. I was only going to buy one.

though I should say my issue wasn’t too much with the the pack it’s self but the amount of money they wanted and on top of that you have cash cows. It’s maybe acceptable with just points cause you are limited to how many you can buy but the other issue is how many req points can some one earn in a week. Plus it would have to be earned.

> 2533274832130936;3:
> Well, if any sort of God or deity exists they will
> stop doing this month of mythic cash grab and go back to making actual content

You know it was only for one week and there was only going to be 4 packs 1 a week

> 2533274962122285;8:
> Damn it!
>
> I was about to buy some cause I don’t want to be left in the dark and be the only one with out any banes.
>
> Cause I can’t beat them I may as well join them. Now they have a stock pile and I don’t. I was trying to sell stuff i don’t need to buy one. I was only going to buy one.

Yeah that’s how I felt. The existence of the PB pack made me buy them just to keep up with everyone else, even though I disagree with it. Luckily I had enough REQ points to get quite a few.

Ah, it didn’t disappear because the general players’ disagreements with Month of Mythic? I was hoping enough players had voiced their discontent and the 343 team had heard and listened. I don’t hate 343–I think there is a lot at play behind the scenes–but the REQ system is certainly flawed. Earning loot boxes is a lot of fun, and I love the in game currency. Warzone is a main game mode for me, so I deal with the REQs a lot. It’s kind of a pain when I try to unlock everything for free, but those who pay can get a step up over me with packs like the PB one.

But listen to me ramble. I was wondering if they are intending to release another pack after this? From what I’ve read above, it’s a yes. When do they plan on releasing it then? Have they announced that at least?

> 2533274962122285;9:
> > 2533274832130936;3:
> > Well, if any sort of God or deity exists they will
> > stop doing this month of mythic cash grab and go back to making actual content
>
>
> You know it was only for one week and there was only going to be 4 packs 1 a week

And?

I stand by my initial post
H5 needs less grubby greedy microtransactions and more actual content

I don’t want any of these mythic packs, just open all the silvers and bronze, then star opening gold packs!

If they do sell another pack, I hope it’s whispered truth. I’d work really hard to get that.

Good riddance I say. I hope they don’t try doing something like that again but at the same time they’ve had a taste of the cash grab now :frowning:

> 2533274832130936;12:
> > 2533274962122285;9:
> > > 2533274832130936;3:
> > > Well, if any sort of God or deity exists they will
> > > stop doing this month of mythic cash grab and go back to making actual content
> >
> >
> > You know it was only for one week and there was only going to be 4 packs 1 a week
>
>
> And?
>
> I stand by my initial post
> H5 needs less grubby greedy microtransactions and more actual content

It’s just I was getting the impression people thought this was every month

There was a wave of posts all over Instagram and Tumblr from Halo fansites trying to trend hashtags, calling for the removal of the Prophet’s Bane pack, and for Month of Mythic to be cancelled. I wonder if it has anything to do with that.

> 2533274872511994;17:
> There was a wave of posts all over Instagram and Tumblr from Halo fansites trying to trend hashtags, calling for the removal of the Prophet’s Bane pack, and for Month of Mythic to be cancelled. I wonder if it has anything to do with that.

That’s what I thought caused the pack to disappear. I know a lot of fans aren’t happy about the Month of Mythic thing. I tended to ignore it until I was gutted by many who bought the Prophet’s Bane pack and used them in Warzone. I mean, yeah they could have ground for those swords, but the sheer number of them makes me think that some–if not most–were bought. That’s when it gets a little tedious…

Despite that, microtransactions alone can be a bit of a put down in multiplayer games. I truly wonder if the hashtags got any attention from the 343 and Microsoft teams?