Ancient sangheili

Recently, a friend of mine discussed a topic about ancient sanghelli. How that they were almost entirely different from modern day sangheili, they were massively taller, were immune to flood spores and infection outside of infection forms directly infecting them, and that they had their own language, etc. does anyone know where i can read more on them? Or are they a fan made concept?

> 2533274848570955;1:
> Recently, a friend of mine discussed a topic about ancient sanghelli. How that they were almost entirely different from modern day sangheili, they were massively taller, were immune to flood spores and infection outside of infection forms directly infecting them, and that they had their own language, etc. does anyone know where i can read more on them? Or are they a fan made concept?

This is almost entirely false. Sanghelli were never immune to the flood and they were roughly the same height. There are some differences between modern and ancient sanghelli but it is still the same language. Tell your friend they are wrong on all those points.

Parts of the book broken circle takes place during the events of the san-shyum sanghelli war.

There isnt anything like this in the sangheili community either?

If ancient Sangheili were immune to the flood then the Forerunners would have known about it and developed some sort of cure. If we’re talking about after the array was fired then then it’s still false. The flood weren’t known to anyone because they hadn’t been discovered to Halo Combat Evolved which takes place in 2552, so there would be no proof or history that the Sangheili were ever immune to the. I would look into where you and your friend got this info because it’s false, sorry.

This is the first I’m hearing about it. I’m not sure where your friend got that information.

Ancient sangheili had different languages then modern ones but that’s about it. The pre-history sangheili however had a far shorter life then modern or ancient sangheili. Also these ones were apparently “less dramatic,” according to Guilty Spark.

> 2533274848570955;1:
> Recently, a friend of mine discussed a topic about ancient sanghelli. How that they were almost entirely different from modern day sangheili, they were massively taller, were immune to flood spores and infection outside of infection forms directly infecting them, and that they had their own language, etc. does anyone know where i can read more on them? Or are they a fan made concept?

If they really were immune to the Flood, the Forerunners would probably forcibly deploy them in operations, since they would be immune, effective, numerous and strong by nature, almost like the Prometheans except the “numerous” part. In fact, I’d say they’d be more effective than Prometheans. Maybe the Forerunners would have found a cure and then laugh their posteriors off of just how unexpected and effective that would be.
For height differences, I doubt. I’m certainly sure they’re as tall as modern Sangheili since they weren’t really dominant space-faring species, so the Forerunners would see no use in altering their genes to limit them.
And language, possibly. We, real modern Humanity, developed many different languages and alphabets. Halo’s Ancient Humanity had their own alphabet as well, as hinted by Infinite’s announcement trailer. Those symbols in the cave are not Forerunner. The same thing could have likely happened with Ancient Sangheili.

Yeah your friend is wrong on all counts. If you wouh l like to read about ancient sangheilli though, Read broken circle.

> 2533275010817669;7:
> > 2533274848570955;1:
> > Recently, a friend of mine discussed a topic about ancient sanghelli. How that they were almost entirely different from modern day sangheili, they were massively taller, were immune to flood spores and infection outside of infection forms directly infecting them, and that they had their own language, etc. does anyone know where i can read more on them? Or are they a fan made concept?
>
> If they really were immune to the Flood, the Forerunners would probably forcibly deploy them in operations, since they would be immune, effective, numerous and strong by nature, almost like the Prometheans except the “numerous” part. In fact, I’d say they’d be more effective than Prometheans. Maybe the Forerunners would have found a cure and then laugh their posteriors off of just how unexpected and effective that would be.
> For height differences, I doubt. I’m certainly sure they’re as tall as modern Sangheili since they weren’t really dominant space-faring species, so the Forerunners would see no use in altering their genes to limit them.
> And language, possibly. We, real modern Humanity, developed many different languages and alphabets. Halo’s Ancient Humanity had their own alphabet as well, as hinted by Infinite’s announcement trailer. Those symbols in the cave are not Forerunner. The same thing could have likely happened with Ancient Sangheili.

In regards to language, more than likely, there’s more than one Sanghelli language, not including local dialects, accents etc, but that gets pretty convoluted for a video game. In human history, there’s has been a tendency for a particular language to be used in international circles. It used to be French but starting in the 19th century with the rise of the United States it became English. Language is a fluid as biology, it’s affected by geography, time, borrowing, mutation and assimilation.

I’m not a Covenant expert in regards to the lore, but I expect the Covenant used a single language across the species, San Shayum probably.

In regards to the Flood, it’s very obvious they are prone to the Flood. Secondly, ancient Sanghelli weren’t a candidate for assuming the Mantle, of which the Flood were a test by the Precursors. Ancient Humans were bypassed for the same reasons, causing the Forerunners to think humans were immune.

Just like with language, height would change through time and would be different, more than likely, across geographical regions.

It’s my one big gripe about science fiction in general is that it always simplifies an alien planet and/or species. Just one glance at the complexity of Earth, life on it and humans one would expect similar complexity on an alien one. Humans spreading out into the galaxy would then exhibit planet specific changes and adaptations leading to conflict. It’s no surprise that an insurrection eventually develops.

Apply that to Sanghelli prehistory, history, biology etc, one would think that height probably was different at some point.

Cheers,
Brad

> 2533274895694844;9:
> > 2533275010817669;7:
> > > 2533274848570955;1:
> > > Recently, a friend of mine discussed a topic about ancient sanghelli. How that they were almost entirely different from modern day sangheili, they were massively taller, were immune to flood spores and infection outside of infection forms directly infecting them, and that they had their own language, etc. does anyone know where i can read more on them? Or are they a fan made concept?
> >
> > If they really were immune to the Flood, the Forerunners would probably forcibly deploy them in operations, since they would be immune, effective, numerous and strong by nature, almost like the Prometheans except the “numerous” part. In fact, I’d say they’d be more effective than Prometheans. Maybe the Forerunners would have found a cure and then laugh their posteriors off of just how unexpected and effective that would be.
> > For height differences, I doubt. I’m certainly sure they’re as tall as modern Sangheili since they weren’t really dominant space-faring species, so the Forerunners would see no use in altering their genes to limit them.
> > And language, possibly. We, real modern Humanity, developed many different languages and alphabets. Halo’s Ancient Humanity had their own alphabet as well, as hinted by Infinite’s announcement trailer. Those symbols in the cave are not Forerunner. The same thing could have likely happened with Ancient Sangheili.
>
> In regards to language, more than likely, there’s more than one Sanghelli language, not including local dialects, accents etc, but that gets pretty convoluted for a video game. In human history, there’s has been a tendency for a particular language to be used in international circles. It used to be French but starting in the 19th century with the rise of the United States it became English. Language is a fluid as biology, it’s affected by geography, time, borrowing, mutation and assimilation.
>
> I’m not a Covenant expert in regards to the lore, but I expect the Covenant used a single language across the species, San Shayum probably.
>
> In regards to the Flood, it’s very obvious they are prone to the Flood. Secondly, ancient Sanghelli weren’t a candidate for assuming the Mantle, of which the Flood were a test by the Precursors. Ancient Humans were bypassed for the same reasons, causing the Forerunners to think humans were immune.
>
> Just like with language, height would change through time and would be different, more than likely, across geographical regions.
>
> It’s my one big gripe about science fiction in general is that it always simplifies an alien planet and/or species. Just one glance at the complexity of Earth, life on it and humans one would expect similar complexity on an alien one. Humans spreading out into the galaxy would then exhibit planet specific changes and adaptations leading to conflict. It’s no surprise that an insurrection eventually develops.
>
> Apply that to Sanghelli prehistory, history, biology etc, one would think that height probably was different at some point.
>
> Cheers,
> Brad

I did say that about their language.
The Covenant used Sangheili, but after their contact with Humanity, they could have started using English as well.

The OP’s friend claimed Ancient Sangheili were immune to the Flood, to which I highlighted what would possibly happen if that was the case.
I know they aren’t a candidate, otherwise, I’m sure they would be dominant space-faring races.

Actually, thinking about height, it’s possible they were smaller. I mean, look at us. Back then, an average male American’s height used to be 1,60 m, now it’s 1,80 m. The same could be assumed of the Sangheili and any other specie, really. Although they would still tower us, they could have potentially been smaller.

> 2533275010817669;10:
> > 2533274895694844;9:
> > > 2533275010817669;7:
> > > > 2533274848570955;1:
> > > > Recently, a friend of mine discussed a topic about ancient sanghelli. How that they were almost entirely different from modern day sangheili, they were massively taller, were immune to flood spores and infection outside of infection forms directly infecting them, and that they had their own language, etc. does anyone know where i can read more on them? Or are they a fan made concept?
> > >
> > > If they really were immune to the Flood, the Forerunners would probably forcibly deploy them in operations, since they would be immune, effective, numerous and strong by nature, almost like the Prometheans except the “numerous” part. In fact, I’d say they’d be more effective than Prometheans. Maybe the Forerunners would have found a cure and then laugh their posteriors off of just how unexpected and effective that would be.
> > > For height differences, I doubt. I’m certainly sure they’re as tall as modern Sangheili since they weren’t really dominant space-faring species, so the Forerunners would see no use in altering their genes to limit them.
> > > And language, possibly. We, real modern Humanity, developed many different languages and alphabets. Halo’s Ancient Humanity had their own alphabet as well, as hinted by Infinite’s announcement trailer. Those symbols in the cave are not Forerunner. The same thing could have likely happened with Ancient Sangheili.
> >
> > In regards to language, more than likely, there’s more than one Sanghelli language, not including local dialects, accents etc, but that gets pretty convoluted for a video game. In human history, there’s has been a tendency for a particular language to be used in international circles. It used to be French but starting in the 19th century with the rise of the United States it became English. Language is a fluid as biology, it’s affected by geography, time, borrowing, mutation and assimilation.
> >
> > I’m not a Covenant expert in regards to the lore, but I expect the Covenant used a single language across the species, San Shayum probably.
> >
> > In regards to the Flood, it’s very obvious they are prone to the Flood. Secondly, ancient Sanghelli weren’t a candidate for assuming the Mantle, of which the Flood were a test by the Precursors. Ancient Humans were bypassed for the same reasons, causing the Forerunners to think humans were immune.
> >
> > Just like with language, height would change through time and would be different, more than likely, across geographical regions.
> >
> > It’s my one big gripe about science fiction in general is that it always simplifies an alien planet and/or species. Just one glance at the complexity of Earth, life on it and humans one would expect similar complexity on an alien one. Humans spreading out into the galaxy would then exhibit planet specific changes and adaptations leading to conflict. It’s no surprise that an insurrection eventually develops.
> >
> > Apply that to Sanghelli prehistory, history, biology etc, one would think that height probably was different at some point.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Brad
>
> I did say that about their language.
> The Covenant used Sangheili, but after their contact with Humanity, they could have started using English as well.
>
> The OP’s friend claimed Ancient Sangheili were immune to the Flood, to which I highlighted what would possibly happen if that was the case.
> I know they aren’t a candidate, otherwise, I’m sure they would be dominant space-faring races.
>
> Actually, thinking about height, it’s possible they were smaller. I mean, look at us. Back then, an average male American’s height used to be 1,60 m, now it’s 1,80 m. The same could be assumed of the Sangheili and any other specie, really. Although they would still tower us, they could have potentially been smaller.

Yeah, I should have included that I actually agreed with your comments. I wound up expanding and going off on a tangent as well.

Cheers,
Brad