Ancient human text in Halo 4 terminals?

In the Lord of Admirals terminal, there appears to be ancient human text written on some of the moving panels they’re using when scanning the planet. Could anyone get a clear shot of these panels? One of these panels gets a particular close up when one of the ancient humans is asking the Admiral if they can warn the forerunners. I can’t get a clear shot of it, however. If we can get a clear image, I’d like to compare it to the text from the ships distress call in the Halo Anniversary. If we find out they’re somehow linked, well, it will be a significant discovery to say the least.

It was already said in Halo 4’s Campaign that they are a variation of the Forerunner Glyph system.

> It was already said in Halo 4’s Campaign that they are a variation of the Forerunner Glyph system.

Not those in the terminal lord of admirals he tells them to cleanse the plannet it’s different.

> > It was already said in Halo 4’s Campaign that they are a variation of the Forerunner Glyph system.
>
> Not those in the terminal lord of admirals he tells them to cleanse the plannet it’s different.

He said he wants a clear image of them so he can compare them to the symbols in the anniversary terminals. The symbols in the anniversary terminals are a variation of the Forerunner Glyph system.

Yes, those at the end of the terminals in Anniversary are Forerunner. But in one of the cutscenes, a ship crashes and sets off a distress call on Installation 04 roughly 60,000 years after the Halo Array is fired. When Guilty Spark analyzes the distress call, it’s displayed on the screen as text and is read as “Etymology Unknown.” That’s the text I want to compare to.

> Yes, those at the end of the terminals in Anniversary are Forerunner. But in one of the cutscenes, a ship crashes and sets off a distress call on Installation 04 roughly 60,000 years after the Halo Array is fired. When Guilty Spark analyzes the distress call, it’s displayed on the screen as text and is read as “Etymology Unknown.” That’s the text I want to compare to.

Yes I know and Cortana says they are Forerunner Symbols. They also appear over the symbol which represents the Mantle. In the second level, Requiem, you can find it and Cortana translates it. You see the same thing on Ivanoff Station.

Its not the same i have seen them the only thing this from the mission Infinity is what your looking for. As Nihilus said is what Cortana says is a derivation of the forerunner glyph system. Hope i didn’t come off sounding like a jerk Nihilus didn’t intend to.

http://www.oxmonline.com/files/imagecache/futureus_imagegallery_fullsize/gallery/infinity_delriobridges_04-w.jpg

This confuses me.

The symbols on the venerator helmet look like the ones of the hallway of forthencho’s ship which in turn look like the CEA glyphs.

so in-game they used the forerunner glyphs for ancient humans?

well, there are 2 sets of forerunner glyphs that we see in games.

there are the glyphs that get entered on waypoint (from the end of the CEA terminals and the hidden glyph codes in halo 4), AND there are the mantle glyphs (which are written in the above picture and are on the mantle disk, and also are seen in the first Anniversary Terminal when 343GS scanns the Pillar of Autumn).

So there are 2 scripts, but there might be a mixing of them because of the forerunner’s magic translation program which allows us to read, hear, and understand them; complete with culturally meaningful analogies.

Also, I went back and watched the video in HD at largest resolution my monitor could fit and I coulnd’t make out the symbols on the screens, so I wouldn’t think much of it.

> Yes, those at the end of the terminals in Anniversary are Forerunner. But in one of the cutscenes, a ship crashes and sets off a distress call on Installation 04 roughly 60,000 years after the Halo Array is fired. When Guilty Spark analyzes the distress call, it’s displayed on the screen as text and is read as “Etymology Unknown.” That’s the text I want to compare to.

Wish I could help. This is an interesting avenue to explore. I worry the questions posed by that terminal will never be answered…