An XP limit?

I haven’t experienced this for myself as of yet for reasons unknown, I still get 2000+ per game and just under 3000 if its a win plus all XP from challenges and commendations, as far as I’m aware.
I have been playing quite steadily since Friday. Completed the campaign on legendary first then moved on to War Games and Spartan Ops. 6 Hours campaign, 9 hours War Games and 1 hour on Spartan Ops and I’m now SR 29.
Again I haven’t noticed my XP being capped now maybe I’m not just hitting it but if that’s the case and I feel that I’m leveling nice and frequently then why is this such a problem for people.
The highest rank of a player I’ve come across so far is SR 47 I think and considering the game was only released less than a week ago (UK release date, bare in mind) I feel that’s pretty, others would say dedicated I would say sad. Especially when most players SR 40+ either haven’t finished or let alone started the campaign.
So if you’re hitting a supposed “XP Limit” every day and getting pissed that you can’t be a higher level in a shorter space of time then maybe it’s a message to you that you should maybe play something else or take a break from games for the day. Multiplayer in games these days focus too much on the competitive side of things rather than the social aspects.
It won’t bother me in the slightest as to whether a limit gets removed or not but I think if it was to be removed then make the amount of XP required to rank up slightly higher so it takes more time as rank in FPS games have little to do with skill instead just how much time you’ve put into playing it.

SR 40. Completed campaign Solo normal, solo legendary, co-op legendary and 41/49 achievements. Ive hit the cap today, and yesterday. I want to keep ranking up, not stop dead in my tracks because i love to play the game.

If you love to play the game then why does your rank matter… You still have your weapons, abilities and equipment etc. Only thing you don’t have is the armor and emblems.

totally agree. halo multiplayer used to be about player skill with the weapons you were given.
Not, a call of duty type, “perk” system where new players have to battle players that have unlocked everything in a week…

The way halo 4 plays online so far, makes me want to go back and play reach.

Yeah well Call of Duty is a money maker so all FPS developers are slowly going towards their systems, mechanics and features.
I didn’t play much of Reach I got it far later than all my friends so not had much motivation to play it, was a big Halo 3 player though back when ranking up was a mixture of highest skill and experience where you could even go down in rank.

Personally I disagree with the level cap. No comment on the ranking system, I don’t care. I am however excited about specializing and would like to get Wetworks unlocked. I think it’s horrible having to wait so long to try out a new feature.

I’m looking forward to the specializations as well but good things come to those who wait. I’m looking forward to Christmas as well can’t complain to Santa and tell him to change it for tomorrow lol.

-redacted-

> I’m looking forward to the specializations as well but good things come to those who wait. I’m looking forward to Christmas as well can’t complain to Santa and tell him to change it for tomorrow lol.

Good point.