An open letter to 343 "you ate all the chips"

This is a some what an open letter to 343, I would like to point out that on the 8th of july Bungie taken down stockpile from most
if not all the online play lists and now trying to get the You ate all the chips Achievement is near to impossible I am writing to ask if 343
would please make a playlist or just make it show up more often seeing as because of this my gamer score is now uneven.

You do know that you can just do the Defiant Map Pack achievements in custom games as long as you have an official “Bungie” gametype, right? And if you do know that and just can’t find a gametype like that, there’s one in my fileshare if you need it.

> You do know that you can just do the Defiant Map Pack achievements in custom games as long as you have an official “Bungie” gametype, right? And if you do know that and just can’t find a gametype like that, there’s one in my fileshare if you need it.

i did try it in custom games but it wont unlock =[

> You do know that you can just do the Defiant Map Pack achievements in custom games as long as you have an official “Bungie” gametype, right? And if you do know that and just can’t find a gametype like that, there’s one in my fileshare if you need it.

‘You Ate All The Chips’ is not a Defiant achievement. It’s a Noble achievement and you have to do those in matchmaking.

Oops, yeah. Person above me is correct. I was thinking of Candy from a Baby, my bad. Carry on with your open letter then. :slight_smile:

> Did you do it with an official gametype that was actually in matchmaking at all? It has to be one from matchmaking made by Bungie, not just their own default ones in the base list.

Yes i downloaded it from bungie.net from someone

> Oops, yeah. Person above me is correct. I was thinking of Candy from a Baby, my bad. Carry on with your open letter then. :slight_smile:

Lol ok thanks for trying to help anyway =D

Funny thing is, I got mine yesterday on SWAT Stockpile on Countdown. Very relieved lol and lucky, because I was playing with randoms and they were all good team based players. What I would recommend you do is gather some friends and play Team SWAT. When Stockpile comes, tell everyone to vote for it and do your best to ge the achievement. :wink:

Hey guys,

I’m just one of many that has been quite annoyed by the lack of stockpile games found nowadays in matchmaking, since it is only found in team swat and big team battle, and only very rarely in those two. And seeing as how I only have the “You Ate All the Chips” achievement left in all of Halo: Reach, I want to propose the idea to the community at large, but especially to the 343 staff, of creating a special, perhaps limited-time playlist similar to the “7 on the 7th” playlist from Halo 3, focussed only on stockpile so that all the frustrated fans can finally get this pesky achievement. SPREAD THE WORD!!!

i’d be happy if it just returned to team objective… or if flagstravagansa makes a return put in that as well

Yah man like i dont even understand the point of even taking out gametypes. If people dont like it then they wont vote for it. That simple. No need to remove stockpile completely out of objective

I’m sure I’m not the first person (or the last) to ask about this. Which playlist is best for finding stockpile games (I haven’t found one in Team Objective for a very long time)? Also, I’ve heard that you can get some achievements in Custom Games; is YAATC one of them?

I think the best place to find stockpile is team swat, I played one last week. No I don’t think you can get it from a custom game, that works with Defiant achievments not Noble. Your best bet is to get enough friends to play Swat and you should eventualy get a stockpile.

I’ve played 10 games in a row and I haven’t got it once so I would say that you should get a full team of friends and try to get a game of stock pile like the guy above said.

I’m not talking about bloom. I’m not talking about armor lock. I’m talking about stockpile. I have 58/59 acheivements for Reach but can’t get the “You ate all the chips” because Stockpile is only on SWAT and Big Team. That would be okay but I only play Big Team and Stockpile hasn’t gone up for vote once for at least a month. The icon for Team Objective is Stockpile but they don’t have stockpile for god’s sake. Put Stockpile back in Team Objective or make it a Double EXP weekend or something.

It’s meant to be an achievement, have the patience for it.

You can get the achievement if you play the “official” Stockpile gametype from Bungie in custom games. Download first the gametype and try it.

> I’m not talking about bloom. I’m not talking about armor lock. I’m talking about stockpile. I have 58/59 acheivements for Reach but can’t get the “You ate all the chips” because Stockpile is only on SWAT and Big Team. That would be okay but I only play Big Team and Stockpile hasn’t gone up for vote once for at least a month. The icon for Team Objective is Stockpile but they don’t have stockpile for god’s sake. Put Stockpile back in Team Objective or make it a Double EXP weekend or something.

I don’t play Reach anymore, but I agree with this. Stockpile is an objective based gametype (where the objective is not only to slay) therefore it should be in Team Objective.

I’ve got all the achievements on reach and I found this one quite easily. If you search with friends you can all vote.

> You can get the achievement if you play the “official” Stockpile gametype from Bungie in custom games. Download first the gametype and try it.

Nope, that’s only for the Defiant Achievements, this one was a Noble Map Pack Achievement, it needs to be done in Matchmaking.