An Inverse BR?

Everyone is already familiar with the concept of Covy weapons dealing high shield damage and low health damage and human weapons dealing high health damage and low shield damage.

But why does this break down when we get to the precision weapons? Why do all of them follow the rule of taking several shots to down shields then one headshot to finish the target? Why not have the inverse? A weapon that’ll instantly strip shields with one shielded headshot but require several shots afterwards to kill?

We do, and it has a name: Noob Combo.

> We do, and it has a name: Noob Combo.

A thanks for you my frined, that brought back some memories when i first started playing halo…my frined gave me advice on how to do this combo…he called it the Pro Combo, …I didn’t know at the time it was called the Noob Combo…lol

> We do, and it has a name: Noob Combo.

The PP isn’t a rifle though, nor are the aiming mechanisms between landing an OC the same as landing a headshot with a precision weapon.

> > We do, and it has a name: Noob Combo.
>
> A thanks for you my frined, that brought back some memories when i first started playing halo…my frined gave me advice on how to do this combo…he called it the Pro Combo, …I didn’t know at the time it was called the Noob Combo…lol

Not really anything “noob” about it, that’s just its name.
The Plasma Pistol is almost a power weapon, stripping shields with a single burst is what it does best.

> > We do, and it has a name: Noob Combo.
>
> The PP isn’t a rifle though, nor are the aiming mechanisms between landing an OC the same as landing a headshot with a precision weapon.

I don’t see what having to be a rifle has anything to do with it.

While it is not exact, it is close enough. No weapons in the Halo series have ever gotten a headshot bonus against shields.

I would like a precision weapon that drains shields like crazy, but has a whopping zero health damage. Could be interesting, especially in more competitive gametypes like MLG, where it could rip through shields, allowing a teammate to make the kill.

> While it is not exact, it is close enough.

The OC shot only requires a red lock on to be achieved before the shot aims itself for you.

> No weapons in the Halo series have ever gotten a headshot bonus against shields.

But the potential is there.

> > While it is not exact, it is close enough.
>
> The OC shot only requires a red lock on to be achieved before the shot aims itself for you.

You could also pepper the shots, or use a Plasma Rifle if available.

> > No weapons in the Halo series have ever gotten a headshot bonus against shields.
>
> But the potential is there.

I just don’t see it working, especially with the Plasma Pistol in play. According to some official sources, it has much less tracking this time around.

> You could also pepper the shots, or use a Plasma Rifle if available.

Travel time.

> I just don’t see it working, especially with the Plasma Pistol in play. According to some official sources, it has much less tracking this time around.

I could see it working, I also see arguments of it being OP.