An innovative split-screen investment...

DISCLAIMER: This is merely a thread to evaluate community support for split-screening, and in no way reflects selling products or devices.
Before I begin, I’d recommend that Microsoft Studios, 343 Industries, The Coalition and any other Microsoft-owned or supported game development studio, invest in the up and coming product, “Skreens” or at least show support for the technology and design; it certainly fills a need and has so much potential for improvement and sustainable business revenue and marketing, especially in video gaming.

Halo, it has been a wonderful and long-tread journey; through the hallowed halls of desolate installations and ancient alien worlds, to the unknown depths of shield worlds where a slumbering evil awaits… as we have grown so has our beloved franchise. Today this thread is about a community feedback of a product, a product that fulfills a need and returns a nostalgic essence of what made Halo halo… I am of-course talking about sadly cut split-screen in Halo 5: Guardians.

Now we all know why split-screen was cut in Halo 5: Guardians, for essential graphical enhancement and optimization, however we as fans still remorse… our best memories of Halo is when we were amongst our friends and family, co-operatively or competitively, challenging and communicating with each other, hating and loving, laughing and scorning, split-screen was the embodiment of innovation, where physical appreciation (hive-fives, fist-bumps) meets in-game completion and merit… split-screen allows equal footing for friends to play with friends in the same room, which allowed growing relationships with our friends and family as well as the franchise we love… which is why split-screen should return, however in a new light or approach… which is why “Skreens” is a great asset to promote and use.

You see it uses a television device and optimizes the real-estate, it can allow a movie being played along-side a video game… or a twitter feed… or splitting two console devices in whatever manner, fashion or division you see fit, however that is not all, it features other features like transparency and much more… this product would address the initial need for social gaming to return, where friends can again come over and play… split-screen halo.

There is however some downsides, or business upside in Microsoft’s case, where separate consoles need to be bought still and games… this product merely allows the illusion of split-screen yet in realism it is two consoles performing side-by-side on the safe television… still would allow crazy in-house shenanigans to return, as well as making game streaming easier to communicate with their spectators…

So essentially this product could revolutionize streaming as well as allowing split-screen to return… lets say yes to split-stream (patent pending)! :smiley:

~ SB

Skreenz TV
INVEST NOW!

After seeing a poll in General Discussion, I say no. It asked people how often people actually used it. Most people voted in the “not often” to “almost never”. So yeah.

> 2533274837720524;2:
> After seeing a poll in General Discussion, I say no. It asked people how often people actually used it. Most people voted in the “not often” to “almost never”. So yeah.

More people use Split-Screen than Forge… should we get rid of it as well, then?

> **DISCLAIMER:**This is merely a thread to evaluate community support for split-screening, and in no way reflects selling products or devices.

> So essentially this product could revolutionize streaming as well as allowing split-screen to return… lets say yes to split-stream (patent pending)! :smiley:
> INVEST NOW!

Looks like marketing. Tastes like marketing…

I mean not Skreens per say you still have to buy an extra Xbox, extra game and the product itself so… yea just get split screen going for multiplayer for two players or something. Not Skreens its a cool idea but in the end it seems silly since you still have to buy extra stuff and end up grouping each other in one screen.

When you could just have get your laptop or a friends monitor or something else because Skreens barely solves one issue and that’s more screens. If you already have 2-4 tvs/monitors/laptops with windows 10 I guess this product is useless because it either takes a toll on electricity regardless or moving at least one tv/monitor/laptop isn’t a big deal without of course worrying about plugs and as what I mentioned before.

> 2533274812698627;3:
> > 2533274837720524;2:
> > After seeing a poll in General Discussion, I say no. It asked people how often people actually used it. Most people voted in the “not often” to “almost never”. So yeah.
>
>
> More people use Split-Screen than Forge… should we get rid of it as well, then?

Forge is a community feature. Splitscreen is a dying mechanic that really has no place in many games today. And I highly doubt more people use Split-Screen than Forge.

> 2533274837720524;6:
> > 2533274812698627;3:
> > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > After seeing a poll in General Discussion, I say no. It asked people how often people actually used it. Most people voted in the “not often” to “almost never”. So yeah.
> >
> >
> > More people use Split-Screen than Forge… should we get rid of it as well, then?
>
>
> Forge is a community feature. Splitscreen is a dying mechanic that really has no place in many games today. And I highly doubt more people use Split-Screen than Forge.

Where is this info coming off of? Personal opinion? Split screen is not dying but being just centric on one player per Xbox is not a good idea either. Saying that there is more people using forge than split screen is again an opinion. Forge itself revolves around grouping up because it leads to customs which leads to parties so why wouldn’t split screen be useful? I’m sorry but with this type of mentality everyone might as well stick to PC because it can be a very superior product when you invest your money into it. Taking a core feature from the Xbox that PC didn’t have is just asking for individuals to move to a superior product that doesn’t put a price on everything and doesn’t limit your ability to do whatever you want.

They just didn’t know how to work a split-screen in this Halo, that’s all. They wanted the 60FPS and the cost of having it was the removal of the split-screen, sadly. Since it’s the first Halo of the new generation they wanted a 60FPS game and not a 30FPS one i guess, maybe we’ll see the split-screen mode back in Halo 6.

> 2533274837720524;6:
> > 2533274812698627;3:
> > > 2533274837720524;2:
> > > After seeing a poll in General Discussion, I say no. It asked people how often people actually used it. Most people voted in the “not often” to “almost never”. So yeah.
> >
> >
> > More people use Split-Screen than Forge… should we get rid of it as well, then?
>
>
> Forge is a community feature. Splitscreen is a dying mechanic that really has no place in many games today. And I highly doubt more people use Split-Screen than Forge.

Perfect example of " If I don’t use it, surely everyone else doesn’t." I rarely touch theatre but that doesn’t mean a lot of people don’t use it.

1. This has been brought up before.

2. This doesn’t work for split-screen.

3. You have been told to use the split-screen thread before. Stop making new threads.