An In-Depth Look at the Boltshot

It has a longer insta-kill range than the Scattershot or Shotgun.

A video detailing its stats. What do you think?

The boltshot makes power weapon drops like the Shotgun, and other close range weapons, useless. It is in need of a range nerf. It is really the only complaint I have about H4.

What ppl like you dont realize about the scatter is that it isnt meant to be used like a shotgun clone. You use it from outside the bolts 1sk range and take advantage of its very high rate of fire.

There is no problem with the bolt compared to the shotty and scatter. Its just people like yourself OP who dont understand how to use the weapons correctly

> The boltshot makes power weapon drops like the Shotgun, and other close range weapons, useless. It is in need of a range nerf. It is really the only complaint I have about H4.

So if you kill an enemy with a shotgun you wouldnt swap out your bolt for it? LOL

I already have shotgun and Sshot maxed out, so no I wouldn’t switch for it.

> I already have shotgun and Sshot maxed out, so no I wouldn’t switch for it.

Silly players who make weapon choices based on pointless commendations instead of which weapon is superior.

It’s obvious it wont be completely removed from MM, but if it was nerfed (yes, it should be btw) by lowering the lethality of the charge-shot’s insta-kill from 9.5 down to 6 meters, and the charge-shot’s one-shot shield-pop to a max distance of 9.5 meters, would it still be considered OP or balanced finally?

After 9.5 meters a charged-shot would be completely ineffective, and only the single shots could damage at ranges beyond 9.5 meters.

I would like to see it be able to drop shields and kill an enemy with one full clip when fired single-shot: 9 shots to drop shileds, and 1 round remaining for a head-shot seems like it would be balanced IMO.

> > The boltshot makes power weapon drops like the Shotgun, and other close range weapons, useless. It is in need of a range nerf. It is really the only complaint I have about H4.
>
> So if you kill an enemy with a shotgun you wouldnt swap out your bolt for it? LOL

I wouldn’t either, unless I saw the whole enemy team running at me. Boltshot is 2 easy kills if you don’t choke. Shotgun has less range by far and gets more hitmarkers. If you ended up getting that shotgun and their whole team was there you’d end up dying by a boltshot or a dmr guaranteed.

It grinds me when people go “OMGHEE Boltshot is longer range than shotty”

First of all, if the bothshots semi auto fire was a OHK you may have a point. But the shotgun lets you OHK people without a charge and has lots of rounds in its mag.

Scattershott its like a semi auto rifle which fires a OHK close range. Its also brutal at mopping up low shield players at mid ranges.

Botlshot, its OHK up close, needs a charge and has less aim assist and spread than the two above.

If anyone saw all 3 weaps on the floor they would pick the shotty or scatter if they had any brains.

Boltshot should cost 10rounds to OHK imo, maybe make it not be able to release early. But its range is intended imo.

The range, along with damage, is ridiculous. I’m thinking I’m pretty far out of his critical damage range, but no, he takes done 3/4s and then some. Da -Yoink- is the lead multiplayer smoking. It must be high priced.

> It grinds me when people go “OMGHEE Boltshot is longer range than shotty”
>
> First of all, if the bothshots semi auto fire was a OHK you may have a point. But the shotgun lets you OHK people without a charge and has lots of rounds in its mag.
>
> Scattershott its like a semi auto rifle which fires a OHK close range. Its also brutal at mopping up low shield players at mid ranges.
>
> Botlshot, its OHK up close, needs a charge and has less aim assist and spread than the two above.
>
> If anyone saw all 3 weaps on the floor they would pick the shotty or scatter if they had any brains.
>
> Boltshot should cost 10rounds to OHK imo, maybe make it not be able to release early. But its range is intended imo.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to pick up a weapon, such as a shotgun, think you have the advantage so you decide to go aggresive (of course you do it’s a power weapon that’s a 1 shot kill who the hell could challenge you?), your opinion quickily changes when you see that the opponent has a boltshot ready for use… the thing is you don’t have an advantage with a power weapon when somebody can OHK you so easily… you need to get closer to the boltshotter then he does to you.

AND he respawns with the power weapon. There is literally no point to pick up a shotgun when you have a boltshot unless you’re going for commendations.

> > It grinds me when people go “OMGHEE Boltshot is longer range than shotty”
> >
> > First of all, if the bothshots semi auto fire was a OHK you may have a point. But the shotgun lets you OHK people without a charge and has lots of rounds in its mag.
> >
> > Scattershott its like a semi auto rifle which fires a OHK close range. Its also brutal at mopping up low shield players at mid ranges.
> >
> > Botlshot, its OHK up close, needs a charge and has less aim assist and spread than the two above.
> >
> > If anyone saw all 3 weaps on the floor they would pick the shotty or scatter if they had any brains.
> >
> > Boltshot should cost 10rounds to OHK imo, maybe make it not be able to release early. But its range is intended imo.
>
> Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to pick up a weapon, such as a shotgun, think you have the advantage so you decide to go aggresive (of course you do it’s a power weapon that’s a 1 shot kill who the hell could challenge you?), <mark>your opinion quickily changes when you see that the opponent has a boltshot ready for use.</mark>… the thing is you don’t have an advantage with a power weapon when somebody can OHK you so easily… you need to get closer to the boltshotter then he does to you.
>
> AND he respawns with the power weapon. There is literally no point to pick up a shotgun when you have a boltshot unless you’re going for commendations.

When you notice boltshot, backoff slightly wait for them to either fire and waste the shot or double switch to cancel, then press your attack.

Dont even take corners blind even with a shotty. Of course i know how frustrating at times it can be, but it is completely counterable. The only thing i think should happen to the BS is the make the charge up more obvious…ie add more glow and noise.

The thing is when you realize that the guy has the boltshot it’s literally too late, it’s range is too intense.

He charges it up for less than a second then unleashes ownage upon yourself, you straight feel a fool… and never pick up a shotgun again =]

Edit: The point is you shouldn’t have to back off because somebody can spawn with such a powerful weapon :confused:

it also pwns the sword

The Boltshot and its short range.

Seriously this weapon instantly increases blood pressure.

> it also pwns the sword

Oh dear god how have I forgotten about the sword.

Why is it that when somebody has a sword in every previous halo title, you just knew you were going to die… unless they severely messed up, or there was a major skill gap between players.

Here comes along halo 4, where you are required to use a DMR to compete, also… boltshot is the only decent secondary.

I’ve killed so many people with the sword whilst using the boltshot, they literally stand no chance.

It’s not like I enjoy destroying with the boltshot, it’s pretty lame. The sad part is I’m forced to due to other players. Actually, I’ll just play another game…

> The boltshot makes power weapon drops like the Shotgun, and other close range weapons, useless. It is in need of a range nerf. It is really the only complaint I have about H4.

I think it shouldn’t be a loadout weapon.

The Plasma Pistol breaks vehicles, the boltshot breaks cqc.

The best thing to do would be to move the Automatics to the Sidearm section of loadouts (with the Magnum), move the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot to the personal Ordinance drops, and take all the heavy power weapons, like Explosives, Snipers, and Shotty equivalents, completely out of Personal Ordinance and only use them as map based spawns (likewise, “mid power” weapons like the Needler, and SAW, should ONLY spawn in Personal Ordinance and not be map drops).

> I think it shouldn’t be a loadout weapon.
>
> The Plasma Pistol breaks vehicles, the boltshot breaks cqc.
>
> The best thing to do would be to move the Automatics to the Sidearm section of loadouts (with the Magnum), move the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot to the personal Ordinance drops, and take all the heavy power weapons, like Explosives, Snipers, and Shotty equivalents, completely out of Personal Ordinance and only use them as map based spawns (likewise, “mid power” weapons like the Needler, and SAW, should ONLY spawn in Personal Ordinance and not be map drops).

Of course this is the answer, but will 343 back track, no.

What I think the boltshot should have:

1. slight power increase for regular shots
  2. decrease power and/or range for charged shots.

Thank me if you agree :slight_smile:

> The boltshot makes power weapon drops like the Shotgun, and other close range weapons, useless. It is in need of a range nerf. It is really the only <mark>complaint</mark> I have about H4.

agreed, except complaint isnt the term I would use. thats just me. I like the idea of the bolt shot, but it DOES have a too distant kill radius.

My only complaint is map based.

exile - that is all
complex - large, and it flows weird
abandon - i like this map. It takes a bit of creativity to take the center also team work… no a complaint i guess.
impact, erosion, ravine - <mark>These came default… I wanna play them</mark> especialllllllly impact. Ravine looks promising?? i dunno. But erosion… This is the new forge world type map. I am excited to see people playing above that watery area.