An in-depth analysis of Loadout Weapons (DMR)

…to place in match ratio. This is based off a well balanced match of Rumble Pro I just played in the Majestic FFA DLC. All the gamertags excluding mine are replaced with letters.

1. A: Kills 25, Deaths 11. Most used weapon DMR (15), Favourite Weapon DMR

This person relies heavily on the DMR. When asked through XBL message, they agreed, and stated that the aim assist on the weapon got him more kills than he should have.
2. A Virtual Duck: Kills 21, Deaths 9. Most used weapon Battle Rifle (5), Favourite Weapon Battle Rifle

This person uses varied gameplay, proved by the lack of kills with their Utility Weapon, yet large amount of kills overall.
3. B: Kills 15, Deaths 15, Most used weapon DMR (7), Favourite Weapon DMR

This person relies on the DMR, however, they aren’t heavily reliant on it for kills.
4. C: Kills 13, Deaths 13, Most used weapon Battle Rifle (5), Favourite Weapon Battle Rifle

This person uses the sandbox effectively similar to No. 2.

The rest of the match had negative K/Ds, which discounts what I’m trying to prove, so we’ll leave them alone. I did notice however, they made good use of the sandbox compared to the above specimens, two using Melee, one the LR, and one the BR.

So what does this prove?

It seems that the winners of matches, pro or not, will win more often than they should. A in this example, for instance, actually admitted to using the DMR as a crutch, admitting (even though he used it as a game-winner) that its aim assist was too much, closing the skill gap on better players, and sometimes even gave him a win.

B is another good example. He relies less on the DMR, hhowever, it’s still there as a tryhard “there, there, this’ll help you win” to stop the loss of precious K/D and W/L.

C attempted to make use of the sandbox, less successfully than A Virtual Duck, but at least they weren’t relying on an OP weapon. If they had, they would almost certainly have gone positive.

A Virtual Duck was, and I hate to blow my own trumpet, almost certainly the most skilled player in the match. Limited use of any one loadout weapon meant variety in skills required, and the use of the LightRifle (including the fabled four-shot kill with one scoped shot), Carbine (less so due to it being underpowered), and BR, as well as the DMR twice to combat long range DMRs, lead to a skilled and varied combat throughout the game.

So what is my two cents on the “Precision Loadout” problem?

1. Reduce aim assist on the DMR. This will even out unfair matches.
  2. Reduce the DMR’s ROF by 0.07 seconds per bullet, putting kill times with the other loadout weapons excluding the scoped LR.
  3. Buff the Carbine to a 6SK. This weapon requires a high amount of skill, so really it should be more rewarding. This will put the killtime at about the same as the Scoped LR.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed it!

TL;DR: I, and DMR silent majority members agree, the DMR is OP.

Nice perspective given however the carbine is fine as it is now. Making it a 6sk would overpower it in medium range. I can already ,with it being a 7sk, have a fair fight with the BR at medium range.

> Nice perspective given however the carbine is fine as it is now. Making it a 6sk would overpower it in medium range. I can already ,with it being a 7sk, have a fair fight with the BR at medium range.

The carbine is an 8SK though. I think it needs to be at least a 7SK to make it balanced.

Still can’t decide about the LR…

It really is very difficult to take this post seriously when you are critiquing the skill of other players in a match and stating yourself the most skilled despite not winning.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but if you want to do so, you need to be unbiased. Get the statistics from a random player’s match. Hell, take one of mine if you want one.

Edit: Also, the DMR is not OP, the BR and Carbine are UP.