An idea to tweak bloom.

Have the default bloom the one you’d have if you were crouching. Makes it much easier to time your shots, more accurate, and the spammers would be punished more.

Thoughts?

Good idea if anyone liked bloom to begin with…

Bloom is absolutely horrible, it is just the visualization of “spread” which becomes necesarry when they give us a single shot weapon that we can choose how fast we fire it.

The best solution is to just bring back the BR, and make the reticule on the AR smaller like it was in H3, and the SMG returns as well…

:smiley:

> Good idea if anyone liked bloom to begin with…
>
> Bloom is absolutely horrible, it is just the visualization of “spread” which becomes necesarry when they give us a single shot weapon that we can choose how fast we fire it.
>
> The best solution is to just bring back the BR, and make the reticule on the AR smaller like it was in H3, and the SMG returns as well…
>
> :smiley:

I don’t like bloom at all, but I don’t think it’s leaving.

Never thought about that. I always found it much easier to get kills when crouching.

> Bloom is absolutely horrible, it is just the visualization of “spread” which becomes necesarry when they give us a single shot weapon that we can choose how fast we fire it.

No, the BR should have had Both spread and bloom. Try an M4 on 3 shot burst some time. You not only wont hit the same place with each bullet but it’ll take a while to get it back on target for the next trigger pull.

Look at the brite side of bloom, at least when the recital returns to size, it’s still where it was when you pulled the trigger (as long as you didn’t move it). That is FAR from real life rifles. And that might be the fix for the complaints, randomly reset the retical (aim) with each shot. The faster the trigger pull, the larger the deviation from original aim point.

You don’t like bloom because it works just like ‘spay and pray’ does in real life. If you ever hip fired an ar15 you’d notice you can hit a man sized target at 10 feet Most of the time, no matter how fast you pull the trigger. At close range even a blind monkey can get hits. The solution is to INCREASE bloom, so that the spammer has almost no chance of a hit :wink:

> The best solution is to just bring back the BR, and make the reticule on the AR smaller like it was in H3, and the SMG returns as well…

Exactly! Make sure the next game is Halo 3.1 !!! The game after that 3.2 ect…

343 do what ever you think is best, it’ll still be a great game, and these dipsh!ts will still find a reason to complain.
After all it MUST be the game’s fault that they can’t win every time.

> Have the default bloom the one you’d have if you were crouching. Makes it much easier to time your shots, more accurate, and the spammers would be punished more.
>
>
> Thoughts?

The best way to tweak bloom is to remove it.

Halo 1-3 were monolithic games that did amazing without bloom on precision weapons.

Personally I think bloom should just be eliminated.

SaiNts

> Good idea if anyone liked bloom to begin with…
>
>
>
> :smiley:

This guy seems to perceive change as the enemy and wants Halo 4 to be simply another Halo 2 clone like H3 was.

> No, the BR should have had Both spread and bloom. Try an M4 on 3 shot burst

Uh oh, Another guy comparing Halo to real life to justify his reasoning.

The DMR’s bloom just needs to be fixed, all the other weapons are fine. Bringing the BR back would just make this a one gun game. Don’t get me wrong, I love Halo 2 and 3 too. But you didn’t go anywhere unless you had a BR.

I agree with most of the guys here, Bloom should just go it offers nothing to the Halo experience, bloom works in other games but in Halo it just doesn’t.

Bloom adds uneccesary randomness into the game ( with precision weapons ), I went and watched some MLG tournaments ( Videos ) and see the Pro’s spamming those DMR’s almost all the time, and when one team wins, you can’t help think, what if they didn’t luck out with those headshots as much, would the end result of been different?

Bloom need to go.

> I agree with most of the guys here, Bloom should just go it offers nothing to the Halo experience, bloom works in other games but in Halo it just doesn’t.
>
> Bloom adds uneccesary randomness into the game ( with precision weapons ), I went and watched some MLG tournaments ( Videos ) and see the Pro’s spamming those DMR’s almost all the time, and when one team wins, you can’t help think, what if they didn’t luck out with those headshots as much, would the end result of been different?
>
> Bloom need to go.

^this^ x1000

I think they just need to take it out honestly and bring back a ranking system.