An Idea to improve Machinima's for INFINITE

So it’s been a really really long time since I’ve seen a decent machinima out side of RVB. Maybe Halo Reach at the most. With the announcement of Halo Infinite I started streaming idea’s for machinima but then I realized that a lot of machinima works are very limited due to nature of the games. I came up with this Idea. 343I while in development may consider this in the future. But perhaps like Theater mode they could create a mode specifically for Halo Machinima’s where fans can use assets from the game itself to create animated Machinima’s using presets created or we make ourselves.
I thought about how hard it is to bring a full production looking smoothly and needing the use of Body Actors. I guess it would be like a mini-SFM right inside Halo itself.
I think it would be really cool if 343i considered this for the Machinima Community.
Obviously though, Don’t over step, if this cannot be done yet, then I wouldn’t try it. But perhaps this could be the next evolution for content creators that make machinima’s on Halo?
This was just my thought. But I mean they went all out for Forge to allow the community to create content for itself? So why wouldn’t they go that far again with the Machinima community? I would have no doubt there would be some amazing films out there if they did this?

What do you think? or do you think the traditional way has more charm?

Edit:
Some people are under the impression I mean full on animation. That’s obviously too much. I’m talking like simple animations such as Making a Dummy Ai scripted to walk a certain path. In aspect it will just look alike another player, but instead it’s an AI you script to do simple things. Such as walking down a hallway. Or stand still and shooting. Nothing crazy like making a character actually looking like they’re climbing. Or an AI driving around like a Mad dog. Just basic stuff.

This is a fantastic idea. Though I can’t really see this working on consoles, at least not optimally. That work would be better suited for a PC, which as we know, Halo Infinite will be available on PC. I don’t think it’s likely that we will see anything like this at launch, but I don’t see why they couldn’t give us these kinds of tools later on if enough people asked for them.

As a side note, giving the community tools to make next level machinimas could be a smart thing for 343 to do from a business perspective. The community is basically marketing the game for you!

> 2533274864644299;2:
> This is a fantastic idea. Though I can’t really see this working on consoles, at least not optimally. That work would be better suited for a PC, which as we know, Halo Infinite will be available on PC. I don’t think it’s likely that we will see anything like this at launch, but I don’t see why they couldn’t give us these kinds of tools later on if enough people asked for them.
>
> As a side note, giving the community tools to make next level machinimas could be a smart thing for 343 to do from a business perspective. The community is basically marketing the game for you!

Right, and continuing on the Business aspect this would be an enticing reason to buy it on PC which Microsoft is pushing for? I myself if this wasn’t at launch would see this as a possible PC D.L.C. that would be amazing for the machinima community. if I remember correctly GTA 5 has something similar to this, and it works really well. But I’ve never used it myself. But I have in fact used SFM.

Man the machinima community must really be hurt, figured there’d be more replies, but then again I did post this at Night Yesterday. Is seriously nobody into machinima’s anymore?

The machinima community definitely needs some love. The removal of playable Elites and splitscreen was a massive blow for sure.

> 2533274867552438;4:
> Man the machinima community must really be hurt, figured there’d be more replies, but then again I did post this at Night Yesterday. Is seriously nobody into machinima’s anymore?

The community doesnt tend to come onto Waypoint is all. Most of them stick to their own Discords. But IM here at least XD.
That said this sounds like a solid idea, if harder to implement. If nothing else I would settle for the ability to have a character with empty hands. No weapons and no weird up-raised hand stance. Just…casual arms at their sides.

If something like that happens then cool, but personally I don’t want something THAT drastic as an option. I think the charm of machinima is the robotic looking limit to how the Spartans and Elites move for the games itself. If they start adding features beyond what the core game is intended to be for game play then I think it’s too far. It’ll take away the originality. Having something small like actually being able to lower arms like in Reach where you could lower both arms if you had the energy sword empty, but without the sword obviously, I think that is something more likely and cool to do. Animated presets and drastic things like that may ruin it for me, assassinations is enough I think. XD However, I am not the only Machinima Director so some peps may like your idea.

> 2533274907200114;6:
> > 2533274867552438;4:
> > Man the machinima community must really be hurt, figured there’d be more replies, but then again I did post this at Night Yesterday. Is seriously nobody into machinima’s anymore?
>
> The community doesnt tend to come onto Waypoint is all. Most of them stick to their own Discords. But IM here at least XD.
> That said this sounds like a solid idea, if harder to implement. If nothing else I would settle for the ability to have a character with empty hands. No weapons and no weird up-raised hand stance. Just…casual arms at their sides.

Honestly that alone would be awsome.

> 2533274901470924;7:
> If something like that happens then cool, but personally I don’t want something THAT drastic as an option. I think the charm of machinima is the robotic looking limit to how the Spartans and Elites move for the games itself. If they start adding features beyond what the core game is intended to be for game play then I think it’s too far. It’ll take away the originality. Having something small like actually being able to lower arms like in Reach where you could lower both arms if you had the energy sword empty, but without the sword obviously, I think that is something more likely and cool to do. Animated presets and drastic things like that may ruin it for me, assassinations is enough I think. XD However, I am not the only Machinima Director so some peps may like your idea.

I think your over thinking it just a bit. I wasn’t talking like full on animation or anything. I’m just talking the use of scripted sequences that don’t require players in a live lobby. Hence why I said preset. Like for instance you would script a dummy AI to walk a certain path by following points you set down. Or have a dummy AI do exactly what you want it to. For example let’s say I want Two characters in a machinima to be walking down a hall. YOu could script an AI to do that instead of having players which can sometimes not good smoothly while scripted AI path would allow smooth walking and what not. You could even make the AI stand still and shoot if you will. Very basic stuff nothing like scripting an AI to drive like a mad hog. just simple stuff.

> 2533274867552438;8:
> > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > 2533274867552438;4:
> > > Man the machinima community must really be hurt, figured there’d be more replies, but then again I did post this at Night Yesterday. Is seriously nobody into machinima’s anymore?
> >
> > The community doesnt tend to come onto Waypoint is all. Most of them stick to their own Discords. But IM here at least XD.
> > That said this sounds like a solid idea, if harder to implement. If nothing else I would settle for the ability to have a character with empty hands. No weapons and no weird up-raised hand stance. Just…casual arms at their sides.
>
> Honestly that alone would be awsome.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274901470924;7:
> > If something like that happens then cool, but personally I don’t want something THAT drastic as an option. I think the charm of machinima is the robotic looking limit to how the Spartans and Elites move for the games itself. If they start adding features beyond what the core game is intended to be for game play then I think it’s too far. It’ll take away the originality. Having something small like actually being able to lower arms like in Reach where you could lower both arms if you had the energy sword empty, but without the sword obviously, I think that is something more likely and cool to do. Animated presets and drastic things like that may ruin it for me, assassinations is enough I think. XD However, I am not the only Machinima Director so some peps may like your idea.
>
> I think your over thinking it just a bit. I wasn’t talking like full on animation or anything. I’m just talking the use of scripted sequences that don’t require players in a live lobby. Hence why I said preset. Like for instance you would script a dummy AI to walk a certain path by following points you set down. Or have a dummy AI do exactly what you want it to. For example let’s say I want Two characters in a machinima to be walking down a hall. YOu could script an AI to do that instead of having players which can sometimes not good smoothly while scripted AI path would allow smooth walking and what not. You could even make the AI stand still and shoot if you will. Very basic stuff nothing like scripting an AI to drive like a mad hog. just simple stuff.

That would be useful, I will admit. Not having to rely on extras to do it would be great.

> 2533274907200114;9:
> > 2533274867552438;8:
> > > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > > 2533274867552438;4:
> > > > Man the machinima community must really be hurt, figured there’d be more replies, but then again I did post this at Night Yesterday. Is seriously nobody into machinima’s anymore?
> > >
> > > The community doesnt tend to come onto Waypoint is all. Most of them stick to their own Discords. But IM here at least XD.
> > > That said this sounds like a solid idea, if harder to implement. If nothing else I would settle for the ability to have a character with empty hands. No weapons and no weird up-raised hand stance. Just…casual arms at their sides.
> >
> > Honestly that alone would be awsome.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274901470924;7:
> > > If something like that happens then cool, but personally I don’t want something THAT drastic as an option. I think the charm of machinima is the robotic looking limit to how the Spartans and Elites move for the games itself. If they start adding features beyond what the core game is intended to be for game play then I think it’s too far. It’ll take away the originality. Having something small like actually being able to lower arms like in Reach where you could lower both arms if you had the energy sword empty, but without the sword obviously, I think that is something more likely and cool to do. Animated presets and drastic things like that may ruin it for me, assassinations is enough I think. XD However, I am not the only Machinima Director so some peps may like your idea.
> >
> > I think your over thinking it just a bit. I wasn’t talking like full on animation or anything. I’m just talking the use of scripted sequences that don’t require players in a live lobby. Hence why I said preset. Like for instance you would script a dummy AI to walk a certain path by following points you set down. Or have a dummy AI do exactly what you want it to. For example let’s say I want Two characters in a machinima to be walking down a hall. YOu could script an AI to do that instead of having players which can sometimes not good smoothly while scripted AI path would allow smooth walking and what not. You could even make the AI stand still and shoot if you will. Very basic stuff nothing like scripting an AI to drive like a mad hog. just simple stuff.
>
> That would be useful, I will admit. Not having to rely on extras to do it would be great.

Ah okay, little extras like that would be a nice idea. I was thinking you meant complex scripting XD.

I mean lets be honest guys machinima is dead.

> 2533274806967348;11:
> I mean lets be honest guys machinima is dead.

Well yes Machinima the company is for sure so…
But people are still making stuff.

> 2533274806967348;11:
> I mean lets be honest guys machinima is dead.

I think it’s still very well alive, the company itself yes, but Machinima’s in whole will always be apart of Halo.
Even Halo 5 still have a pretty decent Machinima community despite that the lackluster treatment of Forge and Theater Mode.
I think as long as Theater Mode Exists, and Halo Does too, there will always be some sort of Machinima out there.

> 2533274901470924;10:
> > 2533274907200114;9:
> > > 2533274867552438;8:
> > > > 2533274907200114;6:
> > > > > 2533274867552438;4:
> > > > > Man the machinima community must really be hurt, figured there’d be more replies, but then again I did post this at Night Yesterday. Is seriously nobody into machinima’s anymore?
> > > >
> > > > The community doesnt tend to come onto Waypoint is all. Most of them stick to their own Discords. But IM here at least XD.
> > > > That said this sounds like a solid idea, if harder to implement. If nothing else I would settle for the ability to have a character with empty hands. No weapons and no weird up-raised hand stance. Just…casual arms at their sides.
> > >
> > > Honestly that alone would be awsome.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274901470924;7:
> > > > If something like that happens then cool, but personally I don’t want something THAT drastic as an option. I think the charm of machinima is the robotic looking limit to how the Spartans and Elites move for the games itself. If they start adding features beyond what the core game is intended to be for game play then I think it’s too far. It’ll take away the originality. Having something small like actually being able to lower arms like in Reach where you could lower both arms if you had the energy sword empty, but without the sword obviously, I think that is something more likely and cool to do. Animated presets and drastic things like that may ruin it for me, assassinations is enough I think. XD However, I am not the only Machinima Director so some peps may like your idea.
> > >
> > > I think your over thinking it just a bit. I wasn’t talking like full on animation or anything. I’m just talking the use of scripted sequences that don’t require players in a live lobby. Hence why I said preset. Like for instance you would script a dummy AI to walk a certain path by following points you set down. Or have a dummy AI do exactly what you want it to. For example let’s say I want Two characters in a machinima to be walking down a hall. YOu could script an AI to do that instead of having players which can sometimes not good smoothly while scripted AI path would allow smooth walking and what not. You could even make the AI stand still and shoot if you will. Very basic stuff nothing like scripting an AI to drive like a mad hog. just simple stuff.
> >
> > That would be useful, I will admit. Not having to rely on extras to do it would be great.
>
> Ah okay, little extras like that would be a nice idea. I was thinking you meant complex scripting XD.

Nope XD Though, I still wouldn’t complained if they would allow full on animtion for SFM for something, but I doubt that will ever happen. But this Dummy Ai Idea might be really great when it comes to trying to make battles look larger than they are. Or using an Ai to shoot in a single direction to simulate fire in the background. If 343i could make it simple enough, yet good and decent enough we might even be able at choice script an entire machinima sequence if certain roles are really hard to do using an actual player.