An idea for weapon skins.

Okay let me start off by saying I am a firm supporter in the idea of restricted load-outs and doing away with the perk system.

Now my idea is instead of just giving us load-out weapon skins (assuming the next halo will have like a br or a CC to pick as a load-out or maybe even get rid of load-outs.) why not give us a…for lack of better words a “perk” that makes it so whenever you pick up any weapon on the battle-field you pick up a skinned version of such. ( This would also skin the weapons you start off with too. )

Its not a big deal but its an idea I had that I think will please people.

Thoughts please?

Eh, why not.
Sounds harmless, so i dont think i have anything to really complain about it.

They could let you skin the weapons the way BF4 skins planes, so that which skin you preselect for a weapon would then be skinned that way once you pick one up.

> They could let you skin the weapons the way BF4 skins planes, so that which skin you preselect for a weapon would then be skinned that way once you pick one up.

Ya a system like that could work too. ^-^

I would like to see more variety to the weapon skins: camo, patterns, textures, etc. Maybe even a skin to have your emblem or call tag appear on your gun. Found it a little weird how skins in Halo 4 were treated more like completely new weapons and armor rather than a texture swap.

I’d also like to see a skin be more of a model swap as well. Wouldn’t change how the gun operated, just how it looked. For example, a skin that changed the appearance of the Pistol into the Silenced Pistol from ODST. It would still be the exact same weapon, just skinned with a new model. It could be a way to use older model assets as content for player customization. Could even use concept work, like these Assault Rifle concepts from Reach, as more variety to the player.