An idea for Making Armor Matter and balancing Sprint

Lately throughout my forum lurking I have noticed alot of discontent regarding the inclusion of sprint into Halo 4 and I tried to think of a solution and not only did one come to me but also a whole game changing idea was born s here you go i present to you a way to make armor decisions in Halo 4 matter.

Premise
I’d like you to consider the idea of three different basic armor classes heavy, light, and normal, each of these classes will feature its own benefits and detractors which i will get into later. How this would work would simply be based on what chest you use for armor and in the armors description it would give you a category light, normal, or heavy, and if you choose that type of armor you get the perks and problems that go with it. Each set of armor would be compatible with the usage of certain AA’a/equiqments depending on the class and would have factors balancing them. Now for specific class descriptions.

Light Armor
Through the usage of light armor you would be able to gain sprint as a base trait, and when i say this I also mean that sprint will NOT be found around maps you can only get it through use of light armor. However as a downside your shields will be much less effective than someone using a normal armor class or a heayv armor class. Due to the fact that sprint can be such a huge game changer that is the only perk that light armor would recieve.

Normal Armor
When i say normal armor i mean normal as in the sense of a halo 2 oe 3 style of armor. You would get normal shield protection, normal health regeneration, and so on. This would be the completely average armor type that we see in most previous Halo’s. If we can expect Reach AA’s to make a appearance again (Which i pray will not happen or at least have you not spawn with them and give them one time use) then normal would be compatible with all AA’s excluding armor lock (which im assuming won’t return).

Heavy Armor
Heavy armor’s main perk would be the ability to carry extra ammo at least a clip more than a weapons normal ammo cap, or the ammo it has when the gun is picked up. It could tentatively recieve a EXTREMELY MINOR upgrade in shields nothing big or gamechanging. However as a downside heavy would get a slight decrease in movement speed as well as a slight decrease in jump height.

Final Statements
Keep in mind before you flame and slam the idea that it is merely a idea I may improve on it in the future but please do not flame or hate only constructive feedback. In the future I may build upon this intial idea.

No thanks.

> No thanks.

Reason?

> > No thanks.
>
> Reason?

Completely goes against Halo’s idea of everyone starting on an even playing field. (Not Reach)

It seems like a cool idea for other games, but I don’t personally think it should separate players in Halo.

> > > No thanks.
> >
> > Reason?
>
> Completely goes against Halo’s idea of everyone starting on an even playing field. (Not Reach)
>
> It seems like a cool idea for other games, but I don’t personally think it should separate players in Halo.

The field has never been even in halo. some start the game skilled, and some do not. At best there is always a variation of skills and power weapons in any given game.

> > > > No thanks.
> > >
> > > Reason?
> >
> > Completely goes against Halo’s idea of everyone starting on an even playing field. (Not Reach)
> >
> > It seems like a cool idea for other games, but I don’t personally think it should separate players in Halo.
>
> The field has never been even in halo. some start the game skilled, and some do not. At best there is always a variation of skills and power weapons in any given game.

When I said field, I meant exact same Weapons, abilities, and other things.

> > > > No thanks.
> > >
> > > Reason?
> >
> > Completely goes against Halo’s idea of everyone starting on an even playing field. (Not Reach)
> >
> > It seems like a cool idea for other games, but I don’t personally think it should separate players in Halo.
>
> The field has never been even in halo. some start the game skilled, and some do not. At best there is always a variation of skills and power weapons in any given game.

So yeah . . . The beauty of Halo . . . The ONLY thing separating players is SKILL. Your argument is ridiculous. Everyone starts with the same weapons and on the better maps, equal footing. At worse your team may have a disadvantageous spawn, but that is redeemable through the course of the game.

Too complex, too many variables. The idea sounds cool on paper but if this were to be implemented, it would make a mess. Think about the last stand and marathon perks in CoD MW2. This idea would be more suited to a game like Skyrim, but in Halo, simplicity is best. Armor customization should be limited to cosmetic purposes only.

yeah… it originally wasnt met to be so complex but the idea just evolved.