an idea for infection

infection is one of my favorite playlists in mm, but im getting a little bord of always starting with a shotgun/pistol. why not put in some new gametypes like AR infection, or snipers? would anyone else like to see some new infection gametypes?

edit: official topic with poll found here
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst85042_new-infecton-gametypes--POLL.aspx

yeah I would like to see new gametypes like snipers and DMR starts but on big maps like made in the canyon.

That would be a great idea and would please a lot of Halo fans.

I do agree that the LD playlist needs some new features. If you played halo 3, I’m sure you remember the variety of nice gametypes that were available in LD, like “speed demon” or “creeping death”.
I don’t understand why they never created a community playlist with some fan-made gametype, looking at the success of the LD playlist.
If you’re motivated, we might try to create some kind of an official topic, including a poll, eventually to recruit some gametype-artist in the community. If that idea present a large scale success, maybe 343i will make a move for all the LD fans.

What do you think?

PS: In doing this, please remember that the current LD modes suffer a huge balance problem. It might be really helpful to keep this in mind when creating new modes.

> I do agree that the LD playlist needs some new features. If you played halo 3, I’m sure you remember the variety of nice gametypes that were available in LD, like “speed demon” or “creeping death”.
> I don’t understand why they never created a community playlist with some fan-made gametype, looking at the success of the LD playlist.
> If you’re motivated, we might try to create some kind of an official topic, including a poll, eventually to recruit some gametype-artist in the community. If that idea present a large scale success, maybe 343i will make a move for all the LD fans.
>
> What do you think?
>
> PS: In doing this, please remember that the current LD modes suffer a huge balance problem. It might be really helpful to keep this in mind when creating new modes.

a new topic with a poll and better name is a good idea, ill go make one now, and put the link up there ^^ in the first post.

No, infection snipers and ARs would be kind of dumb, i would only approve of the gametypes you listed if we could change the zombies shields.

if they were still the no shield zombies we have in reach with AR starts and sniper starts, zombies would get absolutely mowed down.

> No, infection snipers and ARs would be kind of dumb, i would only approve of the gametypes you listed if we could change the zombies shields.
>
> if they were still the no shield zombies we have in reach with AR starts and sniper starts, zombies would get absolutely mowed down.

first of all, im all for balance. im just useing ARs or snipers as an example, i know that the shields, move speed, ect. would need to be changed. i just find shoguns to be getting stale, and want to see some new stuff.