An Idea for halo 4: ranking system

Many people had problems with how the halo 3 ranking system worked because they couldn’t rank up anymore. (Skill less than 50)

Here is my idea:

Everyone can reach the highest rank
BUT
Displayed at all times somewhere on your player card is your highest skill

This makes it fun for casuals and competitive players.
Lesser skilled players can play as much as they wan’t and be rewarded
Skilled players can feel accomplished by reaching the highest rank

Inheritor: skill 29
Major Grade 3: skill 45

etc.

I was wondering if that sounded pretty good/bad.

This is like a mix of halo 2/3/reach

If you have an idea of your own, go ahead and post it.

I think that would make everyone happy. As long as the highest ranked people wouldn’t mind getting called out for having no life, not having a 50, etc. then yes it would work.

It would make me so happy that I’d probably call home to tell my dad that they’ll have ranked in Halo. He’d probably hang up on me but whatever. This is in my opinion, the way to go. I really don’t see how anyone could disagree with it.

> It would make me so happy that I’d probably call home to tell my dad that they’ll have ranked in Halo. He’d probably hang up on me but whatever. This is in my opinion, the way to go. I really don’t see how anyone could disagree with it.

Thank you. I figured It’ll appeal to everyone.

> I think that would make everyone happy. As long as the highest ranked people wouldn’t mind getting called out for having no life, not having a 50, etc. then yes it would work.

I don’t have a high rank in Reach so I don’t know if they get called out for having no life.

I know 50’s get called no lifes though.

That is what the mute button is for my friend :slight_smile:

100% AGREE whit this

> I know 50’s get called no lifes though.

Which makes no sense, seeing as the only game you legitimately, i.e without actually modding/cheating, could get a 50 in was H3, and I could do that in 25 games. That is not legitimate of course, but the system allowed it so in a way it still is.

Agree, this is what I’ve been asking for since Reach released

I’ve never been a fan of people reaching the highest rank.

Would greatly prefer something like this,

Competitive Playlists - Halo 2’s Ranking System (or the TrueSkill equivalent)

Overall (this includes everything you do from Campaign to Matchmaking) - Reach’s cR System

Caters to both “Casual” and “Competitive” players.

In the words of Bungie, "The goal of Halo 2’s level system is first and foremost to help you find the most enjoyable games possible. Games that are neck and neck, where the only sure way to win is by playing above your abilities, be it through better planning, more focus, improved team communication, whatever. But it’s fun to not be so serious all the time. That’s what custom games are for, or the Training Grounds playlist if you don’t have enough Friends online to form a custom game. But we believe that games that challenge you to rise above your current abilities are the most enjoyable and the most rewarding. Thus the level system is intended as a tool to help you find good games, not something to be abused or obsessed over. "

> > I know 50’s get called no lifes though.
>
> Which makes no sense, seeing as the only game you legitimately, i.e without actually modding/cheating, could get a 50 in was H3, and I could do that in 25 games. That is not legitimate of course, but the system allowed it so in a way it still is.

I was talking about prior to Reach’s release when more lower leveled players played. Halo 3 is pretty much a tryhard fest right now. I’d know :slight_smile:

Oh and a few years ago, few people, including myself, knew about deranking and boosting. I figured the guy was trolling me or just away from matchmaking if I got paired with a deranker (Which was a lot less of a possibility than it is now.)

I’m not saying I want Halo 3’s either. I want a ranking system to actually show your skill without people being able to get it illegitimately.

The arena did ok of a job, but it offered no incentive but to play with other people willing to try as hard as you to win. It takes long to find matches, but I like how the rating system took kills/deaths/assists etc over win/loss.

> I’ve never been a fan of people reaching the highest rank.
>
> Would greatly prefer something like this,
>
> Competitive Playlists - Halo 2’s Ranking System (or the TrueSkill equivalent)
>
> Overall (this includes everything you do from Campaign to Matchmaking) - Reach’s cR System
>
> Caters to both “Casual” and “Competitive” players.
>
> In the words of Bungie, "The goal of Halo 2’s level system is first and foremost to help you find the most enjoyable games possible. Games that are neck and neck, where the only sure way to win is by playing above your abilities, be it through better planning, more focus, improved team communication, whatever. But it’s fun to not be so serious all the time. That’s what custom games are for, or the Training Grounds playlist if you don’t have enough Friends online to form a custom game. But we believe that games that challenge you to rise above your current abilities are the most enjoyable and the most rewarding. Thus the level system is intended as a tool to help you find good games, not something to be abused or obsessed over. "

So you want no rank at all (ie. General grade 2/Brig/Sargent etc) correct?
Like halo 2’s 1-50 next to your gt?

I could live with that but I realize that halo will keep more players if it gives everyone an incentive to continue playing.

I doubt many people will play just for cr unless it gives them something out of it (Armor permutations/ I don’t know what else lol) Even if you aren’t a skilled player, you deserve an incentive and reward.

> Here is my idea:
>
> Everyone can reach the highest rank
> BUT
> Displayed at all times somewhere on your player card is your highest skill

That game has already been made. It’s called Halo 3. You miss out?

> > Here is my idea:
> >
> > Everyone can reach the highest rank
> > BUT
> > Displayed at all times somewhere on your player card is your highest skill
>
> That game has already been made. It’s called Halo 3. You miss out?

You have just failed. Hard.

You can’t reach the highest rank in halo 3 without the skill of 50. The highest rank with a 50 is 5 star gen at 5000 exp.

My idea is that you can reach the highest rank with only a 30 or even a 1 but you have that displayed to the whole halo community.