An idea for DLC near Halo 4s release...

I propose that 343i/Microsoft make the Reach maps free near the release of Halo 4. With Halo 4 coming out the interest in reach will increase, and what’s more enticing than free content? This will bring in more players and allow those who have already bought the maps to be able to thoroughly enjoy them for a good month or something, like we should have been able to from the start.

Thoughts?

> With Halo 4 coming out the interest in reach will increase.

Why would 343 even want people to focus on Reach when Halo 4 is around the corner?
Besides. Most of the maps are horrible and you can barely play them as it is.

> > With Halo 4 coming out the interest in reach will increase.
>
> Why would 343 even want people to focus on Reach when Halo 4 is around the corner?
> Besides. Most of the maps are horrible and you can barely play them as it is.

It’s not like people will be full on focused on Reach. They might pick it up and dust it off before Halo 4 comes about to familiarize themselves with some mechanics. Also thanks for reinforcing my point in your third sentence.

> > > With Halo 4 coming out the interest in reach will increase.
> >
> > Why would 343 even want people to focus on Reach when Halo 4 is around the corner?
> > Besides. Most of the maps are horrible and you can barely play them as it is.
>
> It’s not like people will be full on focused on Reach. They might pick it up and dust it off before Halo 4 comes about to familiarize themselves with some mechanics. Also thanks for reinforcing my point in your third sentence.

Depends on how you look at things. If people want the Noble and Defiant, I could understand them being free.

But asking for Anniversary would be going a little too far. Even some of Halo 3’s map packs are still payment required, I doubt it’s going to change for Reach.

Never know though, Reach is a pretty bad Halo game so I could see 343 bringing a couple hundred people back if they advertised correctly. I still doubt it though. :I

Even that would be great. I can understand anniversary not being free due to it being released with CE:A also. But Noble and Defiant need to become free at some point. These maps feel more like a distant memory than anything.