An idea for a revival system.

I know Halo isn’t a very squad based game (even though that’s how my friends and I play it.) but it really sucks when your squad gets engaged and only one person dies, then he/she feels left out because he/she is the only one who died, thus feeling like a liability and so on…

Quick note : I do play a lot of Battlefield 3.

Yes I know defibrillators wouldn’t work on Spartans, obviously, but since I’m almost certain we will be using MJOLNIR Mark VII armour (Since Halo : Grasslands proved that it even exists; Naomi 010 wears it." and since it “self-grades” in cyro-sleep why can’t we add a new feature to the armour?

I’m thinking that when your dead, the suit’s power doesn’t really have anywhere to go right? So how about there is a “button” (even though that sounds really not creative in my mind) that reroutes the power from the suit into an internal “defibrillator” that generally shocks the whole body of the Spartan, thus reviving them.

Thoughts? Please try to find a better way of use besides a button…

And you can’t say this isn’t realistic, to our time maybe, but remember, the Halo Universe is 500+ years in the future.

Example on how it would work in game:
Spartan A gets killed by enemy.
Spartan B moves over to his/her ally and revives Spartan A by pushing a button on Spartan A’s armour.
Spartan A gets up, thanks Spartan B and carries on with Spartan-like duties.

This system would also get rid of that (In my opinion) horrible Campaign style we have had to live with in the previous Halo games, with one person staying back and being a spawner while everyone else blindly runs in an tries to kill things.

Maybe it could be a skull?

Before I say anything else on the matter I think I should get this straight. What you’re suggesting is that when Player A gets killed, they don’t technically die for a small amount of time during which Player B can walk up to and revive him correct?

Basically how Battlefield 3 works, yes.

EDIT: Thanks for asking that actually, I forgot to add how it would work in Multiplayer and such, I’ll add that now.

You think Chief will only have a Mk VII? I’m thinking it’ll go beyond that with all the forerunner research that’s going on.

Personally, I don’t think so. From a canon perspective, they could make it fit. From a gameplay perspective, I think if a player is killed, they should respawn. Maybe have it in Campaign but that’s it. Just my two cents.

Burmetheus
You think Chief will only have a Mk VII? I’m thinking it’ll go beyond that with all the forerunner research that’s going on.

Well in Halo 4 he probably will, it’s not like they’re going to skip him into a Mk. VIII suit, maybe in Halo 5 or 6 he will get a Mk. VIII, even then, my idea still could remain in either suits of MJOLNIR.

eben gibon king
Personally, I don’t think so. From a canon perspective, they could make it fit. From a gameplay perspective, I think if a player is killed, they should respawn. Maybe have it in Campaign but that’s it. Just my two cents.

I understand it’s different from the other Halos, but personally it would make me feel more Spartan-like, since today’s Halo multiplayer seems like just running in and getting killed, at least this way if you play squad-based, you can stay alive longer, if anything it promotes better team players if you ask me.

So kinda like when you die in Rage ? that would be cool for campaign but I think we should stick with the multiplayer we have or maybe have a game type like that in the beta and see how it goes.

I don’t think this should be in Halo 4. To me this is like giving someone a Last Stand perk from CoD, where even though you killed him, he still gets a chance to survive. And even if you are playing as a squad and one of you dies, then he just respawns 5 seconds later and runs up to join back in on the fight. It’s as simple as that.

I just feel that if you die, you should be dead. It’s your fault that you died (usually). Sometimes it can be your teamates fault lol.

I think people could have an option where they choose like if they want to have the ability to be revived or not and if they choose in some kind of options to be revived they will be stuck longer in the loadout by lets say 20-30 seconds waiting to see if a spartan will revive them… and this spartan will do something like with his armor from the back re configuring something in there which will have a short 5 second animation so that people can’t just instantly revive spartans…

This should be optional but definatly not in the whole game. It would have some uses and could be fun in places like invasion and FF or even a team slayer game with respawns off but I don’t want the feature in standard team slayer or objective period. Meaning if it were to be added in these places I’d rather they just didn’t bother with it… Also a defibrilator can’t cure a headshot :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, there are times when I love the revival system in Battle field 3, but most of the time, I hate it because some one revives me, when I’m in the line of sight of a sniper, or a LMG, only to die a few more times.

I would much rather there not be a revival system, mostly because I don’t want to be the guy getting revived only to get killed again with in seconds of being revived, or being the guy on the other end of the sniper.

Now that I think about it, yeah, select multiplayer modes maybe, as people said above, Invasion, Firefight, Campaign, maybe Big Team? But definitely not Team Slayer and other small party gametypes.

> Personally, there are times when I love the revival system in Battle field 3, but most of the time, I hate it because some one revives me, when I’m in the line of sight of a sniper, or a LMG, only to die a few more times.
>
> I would much rather there not be a revival system, mostly because I don’t want to be the guy getting revived only to get killed again with in seconds of being revived, or being the guy on the other end of the sniper.

That’s why you can deny the revival

> Also a defibrilator can’t cure a headshot :stuck_out_tongue:

No, but mouth-to-mouth can :stuck_out_tongue:

RvB anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

I disagree on the basis of kill times. In other military shooters, short kill times make this a bit more acceptable. You die so quickly that getting revived isn’t quite as big of a deal. In Halo you have to work through both shields and health, effectively making kill times far longer. Bringing somebody you worked hard to kill won’t bode well with the Halo community. It’s an interesting concept, but I just don’t think it’s feasible in a game like Halo.

MainStringArgs
I disagree on the basis of kill times. In other military shooters, short kill times make this a bit more acceptable. You die so quickly that getting revived isn’t quite as big of a deal. In Halo you have to work through both shields and health, effectively making kill times far longer. Bringing somebody you worked hard to kill won’t bode well with the Halo community. It’s an interesting concept, but I just don’t think it’s feasible in a game like Halo.

I think that may be a matter of opinion. In military shooters (I’ll use Battlefield 3 as an example), it takes around 5 rounds to kill, Halo is very similar while it does take longer to get a kill, but then again, if Halo 4 is going to be anything like Halo:Reach, where a lot of the weapons are quick kill weapons, I think it would be acceptable in some playlists, mainly Firefight and Campaign. I do agree with you mostly though.

Well that idea would definetly be very over powered for mm because that basicly says to the killer that because he was more skilled then the three people who attacked him combined and was able to pick off two then he dosen’t deserve the kills because of the lolz and the bad players might feel sad because they were killed by someone with more skill, wich makes no sensce also because if someone is revived then it subtracts from the score board and bad players with negitave k/d’s and teams will use this to there advantage by camping in a room and as soon as the other team kills one player then his 4 other teamies would revive him and would stop the other teams from getting points and would make the game not worth playing so my final oppinion is that when someone dies then they should stay dead and if they want to live longer they should work on ther skill and strategies instead of relying on there team to do the work and game mechanics that make it even easier for them to do good

P.S. OP if you want to comment on someone’s post you don’t need to copy and paste you can just press the quote button in the person’s post

Sounds like you kinda got this idea from RAGE. Personally I don’t want this in a Halo game, It’d make it too easy.

> Sounds like you kinda got this idea from RAGE. Personally I don’t want this in a Halo game, It’d make it too easy.

I haven’t actually played RAGE, and like I’ve said in the past few posts, this idea mainly goes for Campaign and Firefight, where balance doesn’t really matter.

Especially Campaign because then it would get rid of that “respawn” system for Campaign, which makes it way to easy even on Legendary.