An idea for 343 and Microsoft

Stop wasting your money on stupid marketing gimmicks.

How much do you think that Forward Unto Dawn film cost? A fairly big cast with big environments, I’m guessing a whole -Yoink- load of cash.

Now, I found it mildly interesting and marketing is obviously an essential tool. But having a game that is great is SO much more important than this film and some of the other crap they wasted their money on.

Spend the money on developers, a beta and testers to get the best game you possibly can, you’ll sell a whole lot more in the long run if you do.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Stop wasting your money on stupid marketing gimmicks.

How much do you think that Forward Unto Dawn film cost? A fairly big cast with big environments, I’m guessing a whole sh*t load of cash.

Now, I found it mildly interesting and marketing is obviously an essential tool. But having a game that is great is SO much more important than this film and some of the other cr*p they wasted their money on.

Spend the money on developers, a beta and testers to get the best game you possibly can, you’ll sell a whole lot more in the long run if you do.

Couldn’t agree more. I never gave a single ef about Forward Unto Dawn film. The game is much more important.

The game was in development for 3 yers what more could you want. and are you saying you didnt enjoy FUD. Halo 4 is a great game. I dont know what it has done to some players but I have been playing halo for A LONG TIME. and halo 4 is fun. Im sure 343 used every penny they had on the game. But some of you wont appreciate the fact you have a halo game.

yes there are some qualities that could be fixed but it looks like they are. give the game time. Franky has already admitted that they have problems that need to be fixed and That they will do better on the next title.

some of you guys are just as bad as the complainers on b.net. I tried to escape that but it clearly looks like I cant

Halo 4 had the largest budget in Microsoft’s history. Also, that budget wasn’t part of the marketing campaign, that’s completely different. You can’t transfer money set out for marketing into 343’s budget, it doesn’t work that way.

The marketing has zero to no effect on the development of Halo 4. Another team was handling marketing, not 343. Saying the development process could have been better if seperate team wasn’t marketing the game doesn’t make sense.

> yes there are some qualities that could be fixed but it looks like they are. give the game time. Franky has already admitted that they have problems that need to be fixed and That they will do better on the next title.

Most people don’t have the patience to wait for another title.

We took our hard earning money out of our pockets into this full priced game and shouldn’t need to wait for another title. 343i needs to get to work now and fix this title.

> > yes there are some qualities that could be fixed but it looks like they are. give the game time. Franky has already admitted that they have problems that need to be fixed and That they will do better on the next title.
>
> Most people don’t have the patience to wait for another title.
>
> We took our hard earning money out of our pockets into this full priced game and shouldn’t need to wait for another title. 343i needs to get to work now and fix this title.

Did you not read it clearly? they said they will do better on the next title. and They have been working to fix this one infact there is a TU next month what more can you ask for.

Plus 343 cant side with everyone they already stated that They will have to go with the side that has the Majority and right now More people enjoy the game then you think.

10 million. Pretty good for 10 million, they should do more. I want more halo movies! Halo movies! Unlimited halo movies!

I can’t throw ten million dollars at you and expect you to build me a plane to go to the stratosphere tomorrow.

I have an idea just for MS, they need to convince 343i to surrender the Halo franchise to a more reliable industry. Due to matchmaking experiences, bugs, lags, etc. I am not satisfied with 343i’s response lately. And still, two months later, we are still having issues. The only thing, i like about the game was the customization of loadouts, campaign and SpOps. That is all.

> Stop wasting your money on stupid marketing gimmicks.
>
> How much do you think that Forward Unto Dawn film cost? A fairly big cast with big environments, I’m guessing a whole -Yoink- load of cash.
>
> Now, I found it mildly interesting and marketing is obviously an essential tool. But having a game that is great is SO much more important than this film and some of the other crap they wasted their money on.
>
> Spend the money on developers, a beta and testers to get the best game you possibly can, you’ll sell a whole lot more in the long run if you do.

You realize that millions of dollar were sunk into Halo 4 as a game, and that the development team is separate from the marketing team, right? Lots of money was spent to make Halo 4, more than any previous Halo game.

And a beta does not guarantee that a game will be good. To my experience (and others I’ve talked to) betas and shooters do not mix. The public betas I’ve participated in were often much more enjoyable than the final product because a small number of vocal players had issues with something, and drowned out any other concerns.

I loved Forward Unto Dawn.

> I loved Forward Unto Dawn.

I fell asleep watching it.

Hate that the term alludes me now, but I don’t think OP understands that at a certain point adding more bodies to a problem doesn’t necessarilly help create solutions, but rather creates more problems. Wanna bet that doubling the size of any of the teams OP thinks erred in H4’s development process would have actually exascerbated the problem rather than correct?

Every dollar MS/343 spent towards marketing for Halo had absolutely no effect on what they could do for the game’s development. It doesn’t work that way OP, sorry.

One phrase: Give them time.

> Hate that the term alludes me now, but I don’t think OP understands that at a certain point adding more bodies to a problem doesn’t necessarilly help create solutions, but rather creates more problems. Wanna bet that doubling the size of any of the teams OP thinks erred in H4’s development process would have actually exascerbated the problem rather than correct?
>
> Every dollar MS/343 spent towards marketing for Halo had absolutely no effect on what they could do for the game’s development. It doesn’t work that way OP, sorry.

I think the phrase you’re looking for is too many cooks spoil the broth.

Anyway, you’re telling me that having more people working on customs and sorting the file share, more people working on the bugs like ordnance markers, more people fixing bugs in general would have made the game worse. I don’t think so.

To the person who said the budgets are completely separate. It would be easy not to make that film and divert the funds to development.

And yes I did think the film was OK, but I’d much have a better game.