An honest observation and opinion

I have been reading constantly about how people hate Reach or things in it, and how others love Reach and every detail. Some people truly don’t like the game, others just want to rage about something. Some people truly love the game, others are just intoxicated by it. Opinions about Reach are split in half.

That leads me to say as much as I want 343i to converse, interact, and listen to the community; I personally believe that 343i should not listen to either side when it comes to managing Reach. Siding with either dominion will obviously tip the community and even the game itself into a different chaos, and nothing good will come of it. But that’s just my opinion.

"But what side do you choose?"

I find myself more neutral with this matter, there are things about Reach I just flat out despise, and there are things that I indulge in. I believe that gap of a difference is what spawns the chaos we have with Reach.

I am also aware that previous Halo games have had the same chaos at one point or another, but Reach is unique from the others; Its flexible.

Reach is definitely an amazing game, but Reach has the potential to be an extraordinary game. So I say improve Reach from where it is and make it easily up to par (so to speak) with previous Halo titles.

And yeah I know there’s some time between now and when 343i is going to make their own changes, but I felt I should say this now before I forget what I wanted to type lol.

Thanks for reading, and good day (or night depending where you are).

I agree (personally have grown disenchanted lately but that has more to do with community than the game I think) siding with one side or the other will definately cause animosity, but I wish they would leave AA’s when they belong…in Halos’ past. (IMO)

Here’s the thing… There are is no way you can ever please everyone. We’re all here because we love halo in one way or another, at one time or another. But if you ask 3 Halo fans “what is Halo”, and you’ll get 3 completely different answers.

I have loved every single game in the Halo series, for different reason’s each time. Some players get hung up on changes from one game to the next, and are unable to enjoy them for what they are. In my opinion, Halo 1, 2, 3, Halo Wars, ODST, and Reach are all fantastic games in their own ways. The one thing they each share in common is this: Every Halo game, regardless of the design goals of the title, was exicuted to the highest standards. I have no problems with any of the changes that have occured over the course of the series, because they were all changes that the development team believed in and was excited about.

So, the advice would I humbly pass along to the men and women at 343 is this: Make the Halo game that you truly want to make. 343 is a studio full of very talented people. If you make a game you are genuinly excited about, I have every confidence that it will be fantastic.

> Here’s the thing… There are is no way you can ever please everyone. We’re all here because we love halo in one way or another, at one time or another. But if you ask 3 Halo fans “what is Halo”, and you’ll get 3 completely different answers.
>
> I have loved every single game in the Halo series, for different reason’s each time. Some players get hung up on changes from one game to the next, and are unable to enjoy them for what they are. In my opinion, Halo 1, 2, 3, Halo Wars, ODST, and Reach are all fantastic games in their own ways. The one thing they each share in common is this: Every Halo game, regardless of the design goals of the title, was exicuted to the highest standards. I have no problems with any of the changes that have occured over the course of the series, because they were all changes that the development team believed in and was excited about.
>
> So, the advice would I humbly pass along to the men and women at 343 is this: Make the Halo game that you truly want to make. 343 is a studio full of very talented people. If you make a game you are genuinly excited about, I have every confidence that it will be fantastic.

Very, very true. The community shouldn’t have impute on the game until they start looking for bugs, that’s it. So with Reach they should improve it their way, which I’m confidant is the best way.

> Here’s the thing… There are is no way you can ever please everyone. We’re all here because we love halo in one way or another, at one time or another. But if you ask 3 Halo fans “what is Halo”, and you’ll get 3 completely different answers.
>
> I have loved every single game in the Halo series, for different reason’s each time. Some players get hung up on changes from one game to the next, and are unable to enjoy them for what they are. In my opinion, Halo 1, 2, 3, Halo Wars, ODST, and Reach are all fantastic games in their own ways. The one thing they each share in common is this: Every Halo game, regardless of the design goals of the title, was exicuted to the highest standards. I have no problems with any of the changes that have occured over the course of the series, because they were all changes that the development team believed in and was excited about.
>
> So, the advice would I humbly pass along to the men and women at 343 is this: Make the Halo game that you truly want to make. 343 is a studio full of very talented people. If you make a game you are genuinly excited about, I have every confidence that it will be fantastic.

That is a very good arguement, I agree with you.

I am definitely on the side that despises Halo Reach. First of all I would like to mention that it’s only bad in Halo standards, but we aren’t here to argue is Halo Reach bad or not, let’s leave it to proper threads.

Anyway, community input is kind of a double edged sword, on the other hand it gives the players what they want, but on the other hand the developer gets complaints for listening the “wrong players” (usually casuals as they form the majority). Halo CE was successful without community input, this proves that community input isn’t necessary, but these days not having community input at all would result in people saying that they should have listened the community if the game failed.

That’s why I believe that community input is necessary, but the developer should be very careful with it. As much I would like to state what it takes to make a good game, I don’t want this discussion to go to wrong direction. I just say that community input is necessary, but the developer should also use their own brains.

> I am definitely on the side that despises Halo Reach. First of all I would like to mention that it’s only bad in Halo standards, but we aren’t here to argue is Halo Reach bad or not, let’s leave it to proper threads.
>
> Anyway, community input is kind of a double edged sword, on the other hand it gives the players what they want, but on the other hand the developer gets complaints for listening the “wrong players” (usually casuals as they form the majority). Halo CE was successful without community input, this proves that community input isn’t necessary, but these days not having community input at all would result in people saying that they should have listened the community if the game failed.
>
> That’s why I believe that community input is necessary, but the developer should be very careful with it. As much I would like to state what it takes to make a good game, I don’t want this discussion to go to wrong direction. I just say that community input is necessary, but the developer should also use their own brains.

Well put

When Halo Reach was announced, I couldn’t wait to play it. The beta for Halo Reach was one of the best demo’s I have ever played! I was on it most of the time before the beta shut down. I think the love for reach has died down a little bit now. There is still alot of players on there, but its gone down a bit. I think as soon as Halo 4 comes out, reach will die.

> > I am definitely on the side that despises Halo Reach. First of all I would like to mention that it’s only bad in Halo standards, but we aren’t here to argue is Halo Reach bad or not, let’s leave it to proper threads.
> >
> > Anyway, community input is kind of a double edged sword, on the other hand it gives the players what they want, but on the other hand the developer gets complaints for listening the “wrong players” (usually casuals as they form the majority). Halo CE was successful without community input, this proves that community input isn’t necessary, but these days not having community input at all would result in people saying that they should have listened the community if the game failed.
> >
> > That’s why I believe that community input is necessary, but the developer should be very careful with it. As much I would like to state what it takes to make a good game, I don’t want this discussion to go to wrong direction. I just say that community input is necessary, but the developer should also use their own brains.
>
> Well put

I don’t like Reach ether but i guess some people do the bad thing is there are some extreme fanboys on this forum who will like anything as long as its halo/Bungie and thats what pisses my off.

> When Halo Reach was announced, I couldn’t wait to play it. The beta for Halo Reach was one of the best demo’s I have ever played! I was on it most of the time before the beta shut down. I think the love for reach has died down a little bit now. There is still alot of players on there, but its gone down a bit. I think as soon as Halo 4 comes out, reach will die.

It won’t die, it has its’ own die hards who believe it is the best so far , many thought 3 would die as well.

Did they? I didn’t know that Halo 3 was thought to die when reach got here.

> Did they? I didn’t know that Halo 3 was thought to die when reach got here.

Some thought Halo 3 would be vacant after the launch of Reach, but others remained on Halo 3 due to loyalty or disability to obtain Reach.

>
>

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Good luck 343, I’m sure you’ll take us to great places in the Halo universe :slight_smile:

> > Did they? I didn’t know that Halo 3 was thought to die when reach got here.
>
> Some thought Halo 3 would be vacant after the launch of Reach, but others remained on Halo 3 due to loyalty or disability to obtain Reach.

True.