An epiphany of sorts about Halo 4

I’m come to the realization that all the fuss we have created of what we want to see or what Halo 4 “must have” or not have is just for naught.

The game is likely near completion, at least to the point where 343 can’t integrate any of the ideas we’ve come up with if they haven’t already put it into the game.

So we may all as well stop asking for this or that and just wait to see what it does offer.

That brings me to the next realization. As much as we want to see stuff now, it clearly seems that any amount of complaining, bickering, moaning about it won’t help. They (343) are on their own schedule for this, so we may as well leave things alone and again, just wait for the info.

How many of you feel tired of reading the same or very similar posts about wanting this or that in the game or wanting info now?

I know I’m quite sick of it. I’d like to see the boards modded heavily to merge or delete duplicate threads, but that’s on 343. All the flaming that goes on between members is cumbersome to have to read through and makes for an unpleasant experience.

Point is we should just focus on any positive points from here on. Getting on 343’s case just isn’t going to help and will make us look like a bunch of whiners and complainers.

Let’s let this portion of the forums calm down and comment on what we know rather than what we don’t or want.

So all this being said, who is with me in agreeing to stop asking 343 for things in Halo 4 as well as info for Halo 4?

Respectfully,
HaloFanForLife (Sal)

Well, what else are we gonna do on these forums until it releases?

And maybe our ideas could be taken into consideration for Halo 5. You never know.

Many of us already know this. It’s good to fantasize about what could be in the game since we don’t know squat about the game.

It is true most of the input on here probably wont be added into the game but if there is a thread saying “Keep AL out of Halo” with 1000 replies all agreeing it might cause 343 to think about some things.

Was it really an epiphany though?

> Well, what else are we gonna do on these forums until it releases?
>
> And maybe our ideas could be taken into consideration for Halo 5. You never know.

True enough. So maybe we start a Halo 5 discussion then since it’s likely too late to affect Halo 4.

> It is true most of the input on here probably wont be added into the game but if there is a thread saying “Keep AL out of Halo” with 1000 replies all agreeing it might cause 343 to think about some things.

Fair enough, but so late in the design process, if AL is in, then they would have to change while making the playlists. Of course that can easily be done.

> Was it really an epiphany though?

Definition: a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

> > Well, what else are we gonna do on these forums until it releases?
> >
> > And maybe our ideas could be taken into consideration for Halo 5. You never know.
>
> True enough. So maybe we start a Halo 5 discussion then since it’s likely too late to affect Halo 4.
>
>
>
>
> > It is true most of the input on here probably wont be added into the game but if there is a thread saying “Keep AL out of Halo” with 1000 replies all agreeing it might cause 343 to think about some things.
>
> Fair enough, but so late in the design process, if AL is in, then they would have to change while making the playlists. Of course that can easily be done.
>
>
>
>
> > Was it really an epiphany though?
>
> Definition: a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

I am well aware of what it means, but I don’t that this is an epiphany…

> I’m come to the realization that all the fuss we have created of what we want to see or what Halo 4 “must have” or not have is just for naught.
>
> The game is likely near completion, at least to the point where 343 can’t integrate any of the ideas we’ve come up with if they haven’t already put it into the game.
>
> So we may all as well stop asking for this or that and just wait to see what it does offer.
>
> That brings me to the next realization. As much as we want to see stuff now, it clearly seems that any amount of complaining, bickering, moaning about it won’t help. They (343) are on their own schedule for this, so we may as well leave things alone and again, just wait for the info.
>
> How many of you feel tired of reading the same or very similar posts about wanting this or that in the game or wanting info now?
>
> I know I’m quite sick of it. I’d like to see the boards modded heavily to merge or delete duplicate threads, but that’s on 343. All the flaming that goes on between members is cumbersome to have to read through and makes for an unpleasant experience.
>
> Point is we should just focus on any positive points from here on. Getting on 343’s case just isn’t going to help and will make us look like a bunch of whiners and complainers.
>
> Let’s let this portion of the forums calm down and comment on what we know rather than what we don’t or want.
>
> So all this being said, who is with me in agreeing to stop asking 343 for things in Halo 4 as well as info for Halo 4?
>
> Respectfully,
> HaloFanForLife (Sal)

I’ve been trying to say this since november.