An End to Crouch-Shooting

If any of you play Halo 5, i’m sure you’ve encountered the same thing. In Halo 5, on occasion you’ll encounter players who do this annoying strategy, if you could call it that. Essentially, because it takes a short amount of time to crouch and you can do it quickly while moving in Halo 5, anytime you try to shoot someone with a precision weapon they just crouch/un-crouch rapidly so you can’t hit their heads. Not only is it very annoying to see, but it’s so frustrating to fight against unless you’re a good enough shot or if you have an automatic on you. I’ve only seen this in Halo 5 and I hope and pray that quick crouching can’t be done in that same manner. Does anyone else feel the same way? Am I just nitpicking?

It might just be me, but it’s been while since I’ve seen people do the crouch dodge. I agree that it’s pretty annoying, but thankfully most people who try to do it don’t have the hand dexterity to do perform the move AND aim. Still, I wouldn’t mind if crouch dodging wasn’t possible in Infinite. Then we can just go back to people jumping from behind corners like they are trying to impress John Woo.

Hasn’t this been in every Halo game since the beginning? I mean i agree its slightly annoying but i dont know what the ‘fix’ is…

> 2533274809988140;3:
> Hasn’t this been in every Halo game since the beginning? I mean i agree its slightly annoying but i dont know what the ‘fix’ is…

I’ve never experienced it until I started playing Halo 5. In the older games, at least on the top of my head, you normally had to be moving either slowly or not at all to crouch, and most people would want to be moving if they’re getting shot at. I reckon the fix would be to make it to wear you can’t crouch/uncrouch that quickly while running.

> 2533274882898126;4:
> > 2533274809988140;3:
> > Hasn’t this been in every Halo game since the beginning? I mean i agree its slightly annoying but i dont know what the ‘fix’ is…
>
> I’ve never experienced it until I started playing Halo 5. In the older games, at least on the top of my head, you normally had to be moving either slowly or not at all to crouch, and most people would want to be moving if they’re getting shot at. I reckon the fix would be to make it to wear you can’t crouch/uncrouch that quickly while running.

but if you try to crouch while sprinting you end up sliding into crouch? Idk i dont see it as a big issue…I really only see it happening when there is no visible ‘exit strategy’ and the person feels like they lost the advantage so as a last ditch effort theyre trying to be come a harder target. I mean it makes sense since most people are aiming for the head to begin with…

Just learn how to shoot lol I take out people who try do that to me all the time

> 2535470577510959;6:
> Just learn how to shoot lol I take out people who try do that to me all the time

I still kill them, it’s just annoying as hell.

> 2533274809988140;5:
> > 2533274882898126;4:
> > > 2533274809988140;3:
> > > Hasn’t this been in every Halo game since the beginning? I mean i agree its slightly annoying but i dont know what the ‘fix’ is…
> >
> > I’ve never experienced it until I started playing Halo 5. In the older games, at least on the top of my head, you normally had to be moving either slowly or not at all to crouch, and most people would want to be moving if they’re getting shot at. I reckon the fix would be to make it to wear you can’t crouch/uncrouch that quickly while running.
>
> but if you try to crouch while sprinting you end up sliding into crouch? Idk i dont see it as a big issue…I really only see it happening when there is no visible ‘exit strategy’ and the person feels like they lost the advantage so as a last ditch effort theyre trying to be come a harder target. I mean it makes sense since most people are aiming for the head to begin with…

Makes sense. It’s moreso just an annoying-as-hell habit that I see all the time than a major gameplay issue.

Why is that so bad? It’s like strafing. People should not make it easier for you to shoot them. EDIT: Oh, I get it, the problem is with the animation being too fast and enemies kind of blinking into and out of reach, is that right?

> 2533274938827434;8:
> Why is that so bad? It’s like strafing. People should not make it easier for you to shoot them. EDIT: Oh, I get it, the problem is with the animation being too fast and enemies kind of blinking into and out of reach, is that right?

It’s not necessarily the act of crouch-shooting that I dislike, it’s that the animation is so fast that once they do it, they’re damn hard to shoot. I know that’s the point, but in the other games if you wanted to crouch it took a second. You could jump and strafe and be all good. Idk, the crouch-shooting speed just gets under my skin.
I myself strafe all the time, as I always have.

In Halo 5 you can crouch while moving in a way you can’t in prior games. I also think the the crouch is lower than usual and the crouch speed might be a nudge faster. I don’t think these are an issue and improve the game. At most when you rise out of crouch, they could add more time before you can crouch again. The tactic has always been there, though now it’s more effective. I think the issue is when mixed with thrust and the general pace of the game it becomes more pronounced. Play an H5 custom with like 110% move speed and increased jump height, maybe slightly faster strafe accel and the effect is less overt. More time to engage in a fight, it’s less touch and go than vanilla H5.
For infinite if the game doesn’t have the movement combos of 5 then I don’t think it’ll be much of an issue.

> 2533274882898126;1:
> If any of you play Halo 5, i’m sure you’ve encountered the same thing. In Halo 5, on occasion you’ll encounter players who do this cancer strategy, if you could call it that. Essentially, because it takes a short amount of time to crouch and you can do it quickly while moving in Halo 5, anytime you try to shoot someone with a precision weapon they just crouch/un-crouch rapidly so you can’t hit their heads. Not only is it very annoying to see, but it’s so frustrating to fight against unless you’re a good enough shot or if you have an automatic on you. I’ve only seen this in Halo 5 and I hope and pray that quick crouching can’t be done in that same manner. Does anyone else feel the same way? Am I just nitpicking?

This is peak nitpicking, complaining about tactics people are using to win gunfights.

> 2533274883108544;11:
> > 2533274882898126;1:
> > If any of you play Halo 5, i’m sure you’ve encountered the same thing. In Halo 5, on occasion you’ll encounter players who do this cancer strategy, if you could call it that. Essentially, because it takes a short amount of time to crouch and you can do it quickly while moving in Halo 5, anytime you try to shoot someone with a precision weapon they just crouch/un-crouch rapidly so you can’t hit their heads. Not only is it very annoying to see, but it’s so frustrating to fight against unless you’re a good enough shot or if you have an automatic on you. I’ve only seen this in Halo 5 and I hope and pray that quick crouching can’t be done in that same manner. Does anyone else feel the same way? Am I just nitpicking?
>
> This is peak nitpicking, complaining about tactics people are using to win gunfights.

Good point LMAO

Crouch-shooters are not an issue depending on how you play. Use mid-range, automatic weapons or catch them off guard with close-quarters tactics.

I’ve said to myself that this is due to the high magnetism in Halo 5. Crouching pulls the opponents reticle down by force. So they try to fight it and end up missing a few shots while correcting the aim. Old titles was really a slight pull and crouching while moving was different in each game (CE had to be standing still to crouch).

An annoying mechanic but oh well. Always one in each game.

> 2533274809988140;3:
> Hasn’t this been in every Halo game since the beginning? I mean i agree its slightly annoying but i dont know what the ‘fix’ is…

There is no ‘fix’. It’s always gonna be there do to gameplay mechanics. I personally don’t have a problem with it. I do it myself.

I’d agree that H5’s crouch was a little more annoying then any other halo’s, but I’d hate to see it go all together. Maybe slow down the animation of crouching on each consecutive crouch after the first one in a short period of time?

> 2535426515273563;15:
> > 2533274809988140;3:
> > Hasn’t this been in every Halo game since the beginning? I mean i agree its slightly annoying but i dont know what the ‘fix’ is…
>
> There is no ‘fix’. It’s always gonna be there do to gameplay mechanics. I personally don’t have a problem with it. I do it myself.

I’m aware…was more or less stating nothing can be done.

> 2533274809988140;3:

the “fix” was that you could not go between crouch and standing while moving full speed in older halos (especially reach). That is an old system that little to no game uses. it also wasn’t really viewed as an issue until the PC launch when players couldn’t uncrouch or crouch while moving.

Is this an annoying strat? Ya. Is it that big of deal? no not really

> 2533274840624875;18:
> > 2533274809988140;3:
>
> the “fix” was that you could not go between crouch and standing while moving full speed in older halos (especially reach). That is an old system that little to no game uses. it also wasn’t really viewed as an issue until the PC launch when players couldn’t uncrouch or crouch while moving.
>
> Is this an annoying strat? Ya. Is it that big of deal? no not really

Yeah I’m aware…read the post above yours…

It’s a legitimate tactic. Some might find it annoying but it can be effective. Players also hop around like jack rabbits and strafe to avoid dying. Are we going to hope and prey that those tactics cannot be done in the same manor too ?