An Elite's Helmet

Remember in the Halo 3 campaign you had to shoot the Elite’s helmet off before you could deliver a lethal headshot? In Halo 4 there should be the option to give Elite’s a helmet that must be popped off with a precision weapon before a lethal headshot can be delivered. To be clear I am talking about Matchmaking and Customs.

I haven’t seen an Elite doing it before. You must be mistaken with the Brutes.

Umm… You didn’t fight against Elites in Halo 3, you fought WITH Elites and AGAINST Brutes.

> I haven’t seen an Elite doing it before. You must be mistaken with the Brutes.

You are probably right. Either way what I am saying is, that there should be an option for Elite’s to wear a helmet that blocks one headshot when they have no shields.

I would say only in campaign or it gives Elites/Brutes an advantage over Spartans, and Halos Match Making has always been fair (Same weapons, same vehicles at spawn, ect).

This whole thread is woven with failcheese.

I mean, firstly you mention elites when you mean’t brutes (A fair mistake for the less fan-like of us)
Secondly, you mention elites for Halo 4. In Halo 4 you won’t be fighting the covenant and the Sangheili (the elites) are now allies with the humans so the likely hood of you encountering a hostile elite is quite rare.

> I would say only in campaign or it gives Elites/Brutes an advantage over Spartans, and Halos Match Making has always been fair (Same weapons, same vehicles at spawn, ect).

This would be for an Elite only game type so everyone would have the helmet.

> This whole thread is woven with failcheese.
>
> I mean, firstly you mention elites when you mean’t brutes (A fair mistake for the less fan-like of us)
> Secondly, you mention elites for Halo 4. In Halo 4 you won’t be fighting the covenant and the Sangheili (the elites) are now allies with the humans so the likely hood of you encountering a hostile elite is quite rare.

Your life is full of fail cheese you nerd.

woah people calm down, it is true that it was brutes not elites, its ok to be mixed up. but I see what your saying so maybe it should be a 50/50 chance that the helmet will pop off in MM. either way its still 1 shot to the head. and in halo 4 it is unknown that the elites will be a threat in Halo 4, dont say this unless your 100%

> woah people calm down, it is true that it was brutes not elites, its ok to be mixed up. but I see what your saying so maybe it should be a 50/50 chance that the helmet will pop off in MM. either way its still 1 shot to the head. and in halo 4 it is unknown that the elites will be a threat in Halo 4, dont say this unless your 100%

This would be for a team of Elites vs Elites. I am mainly thinking of Elite SWAT. It would be a 2 headshot kill gametype.

Armor should never, and hopefully never will, matter to halo’s gameplay.

also there should be a hard hat option for spartans that does the same thing

> Armor should never, and hopefully never will, matter to halo’s gameplay.

It would just be a visualization of a gameplay mechanic. You could just have the first headshot not kill them but wouldn’t it be better to see that your first headshot connected when the helmet pops off? This way if you don’t finish the kill, your team mates can see for themselves that the helmet is off and the enemy will only require one headshot to kill now.

> also there should be a hard hat option for spartans that does the same thing

Lol. Not sure if serious but that would be funny. For a Spartan I think shattering the visor on the first shot would be more fitting for a two headshot kill gametype.

I think a feature like this could help really distinguish the Elites from the Spartans. In Reach there is not much difference aside from the regenerating health.