An elite playlist would be nice...

I play Reach everyday and I hardly come across any elite gametypes, and whenever they do show up, they are hardly ever voted for. The invasion playlist (spartan vs elite) is very fun but it isnt the same as elite vs elite. If there ever is an elite only playlist, I think it would be fun if they also had some objective gametypes too. Maybe spilt up like the premium playlist?

Just a thought

Please Bungie or 343i, I would love to see this wish become a reality.

I have also posted this on bungie.net:
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=63216347

The only thing that I don’t like about elite gametypes is the lack of good weapons. The only power weapons are sword and hammer unless your counting the focus rifle and the blueberry launcher. You don’t even spawn with good weapons, the weapons are bad, the gameplay is alright.

Elite gametypes are almost as fun as having toothpicks shoved underneath your fingernails.

I agree. I too wish to see a playlist were its all about Elites vs Elites. Hope 343i thinks about it.

If theres an elite playlist maybe they would take out those bad gametypes from matchmaking in other playlist. =)

In elite gametypes, I think fuel rod cannons should take the place rockets instead of plasma launchers

> The only thing that I don’t like about elite gametypes is the lack of good weapons. The only power weapons are sword and hammer unless your counting the focus rifle and the blueberry launcher. You don’t even spawn with good weapons, the weapons are bad, the gameplay is alright.

I do have to agree with you that the blueberry launcher appear in the place of rockets in elite gametypes, where instead of the blueberry launcher (plasma launcher) there should be fuel rod cannons. The bluebery launcher makes its appearance in many STANDARD GAMETYPES such as: hemorrahge, renegade, and many other forge world made maps. Maps where the blueberries take the place of rockets in ELITE GAMETYPES are places such as highlands and utopie. The fuel rod cannon only appears in one map under in STANDARD SLAYERand that’s the spire. So hopefully one day blueberries are replaced with the fuel rod cannons in ELITE GAMETYPES.

i dont know why people say the elite weapons arent very usefull, i regularly use both the plasma pistol and rifle instead of human guns and still manage to get a lot of kills.

Too many friggin playlists as it is, anymore is just splitting the population even more.

Yes that would be great and if they removed it from other playlists it would be even better.

> Too many friggin playlists as it is, anymore is just splitting the population even more.

If they change the classic playlist and make more, most people will come from Halo 3 and Cod that fled after reach. Don’t worry.

Do it on the condition that it removes all Elite gametypes from other playlists. Also make it 5v5 or 6v6.

> In elite gametypes, I think fuel rod cannons should take the place rockets instead of plasma launchers

nah the fuel rod would be too op. concussion rifle would work I believe. on topic, adding elite playlist would do good I think. sure it wouldnt have a huge pop but neither does classic and its still around.

I actually wouldn’t mind this. If anything, at least it’ll keep Elite Slayer out of the Team Slayer playlist.

It needs to be Covy Slayer from the Beta.

Also we need Elite Objective.

Thought: Maybe in the TU it’ll make Elite traits the same as Spartans exactly and we can be Elites again in at least Classic MM?

i agree. elites playlist is needed

I used to share the same thought line, but after playing Elite Slayer enough times, I’ve come to realize that it’s simply not as fun as Spartan Slayer. It stems from the lack of viable weaponry. The Needle Rifle is just unsatisfying for some reason. I don’t know why. The Plasma Repeater has a very much similar issue; I find leading shots to be tedious and annoying rather than fun and satisfying. The Plasma Pistol is a great supplement, but it’s still not a viable standalone sidearm. Fuel Rod Gun is something I’ve yet to find in matchmaking; there’s usually a Plasma Launcher where I’d think I’d find a Fuel Rod Gun, and those are just…not good. The Energy Sword is probably the only Covenant power weapon that’s both viable and satisfying, and that’s sad. So, if there is going to be an Elite-only playlist, I’d like to see some weapon tweaks. It’s likely that won’t happen though, as that would throw off weapon balance for Invasion, which is the only reason we even get Elites for Reach multiplayer.

> Thought: Maybe in the TU it’ll make Elite traits the same as Spartans exactly and we can be Elites again in at least Classic MM?

Waaat? If they did that Elites would be left at a huge disadvantage with their significantly larger hitbox.

> Elite gametypes are almost as fun as having toothpicks shoved underneath your fingernails.

And the toothpicks are on fire.