An appeal to the makers...

Please block party chat in playlists in Halo 4. The party chat system was the death of Halo 3, and one of the many reasons Reach was less popular. I don’t know if many of you were there back in Halo 3s glory days, but I made most of my Xbox Live friends playing matchmaking. I can’t say the same now. Everyone just goes into parties with kids from their school that they know, leading others (myself included) to do the same. So I ask you, take something that MW2 did right, and block party chats in competitive play.

i sincerely hope this doesn’t happen.

85% of my experiences in game chat are NOT pleasant at all and if i am playing with friends, i definitely don’t want to be forced into game chat.

> i sincerely hope this doesn’t happen.
>
> 85% of my experiences in game chat are NOT pleasant at all and if i am playing with friends, i definitely don’t want to be forced into game chat.

Was this still the case back in Halo 3? If you mean now I agree 100%, I always use party chat. But if everyone was forced to not use it the old days could return.

it’s ALWAYS been the case in game chat for me, even back in the days of H2.

i may spout some bad language during the game but i NEVER trash talk and am a respectful player (ask any of my friends) and yet i get talked to in ways that make me want off this planet.

> it’s ALWAYS been the case in game chat for me, even back in the days of H2.
>
> i may spout some bad language during the game but i NEVER trash talk and am a respectful player (ask any of my friends) and yet i get talked to in ways that make me want off this planet.

This may be true, but in every game you’d meet that one guy that would be cool, and you’d friend him. It’s like pregame lobby, that situation could never happen now as no one meets people from other places than where they live. Party Chat is the death of community in games.

every game? lol, not in my experience. i wish it were like that though, that’d be nice!

i am lucky to find someone cool once a night but sadly, most of the people don’t even give me a chance so…meh, their loss.

> every game? lol, not in my experience. i wish it were like that though, that’d be nice!
>
> i am lucky to find someone cool once a night but sadly, most of the people don’t even give me a chance so…meh, their loss.

I made about 90% of my friends list withing a month of getting Halo 3. Still have most of them, met a lot of great people, more than I could add.

Idk about this… Ya i agree with you that was a big part in Halo 3 and ya i met a few friends playing halo 3 in game chat but times have changed… A lot more cocky kids and a lot more people that love to trash talk and just cut people down…

> > every game? lol, not in my experience. i wish it were like that though, that’d be nice!
> >
> > i am lucky to find someone cool once a night but sadly, most of the people don’t even give me a chance so…meh, their loss.
>
> I made about 90% of my friends list withing a month of getting Halo 3. Still have most of them, met a lot of great people, more than I could add.

i’m not denying that you can make friends in game chat, if that’s the impression you’re getting, i apologize. a couple of my friends are actually back from the H2 days so i completely understand.

however, realize that i come at this from a very, very different perspective than you do when it comes to gaming online. the waters are much safer for you than they are for me. :slight_smile:

> Idk about this… Ya i agree with you that was a big part in Halo 3 and ya i met a few friends playing halo 3 in game chat but times have changed… A lot more cocky kids and a lot more people that love to trash talk and just cut people down…

I can honestly say that if they at least tried it, be it in Reach or Halo 4 it would work. Think about being the game that saved community gaming. That’s a high up token of achievement. The kids who are good at Halo can finally talk down the annoying COD kids again, and send them back to whence they came. This move would save Halo.

> > > every game? lol, not in my experience. i wish it were like that though, that’d be nice!
> > >
> > > i am lucky to find someone cool once a night but sadly, most of the people don’t even give me a chance so…meh, their loss.
> >
> > I made about 90% of my friends list withing a month of getting Halo 3. Still have most of them, met a lot of great people, more than I could add.
>
> i’m not denying that you can make friends in game chat, if that’s the impression you’re getting, i apologize. a couple of my friends are actually back from the H2 days so i completely understand.
>
> however, realize that i come at this from a very, very different perspective than you do when it comes to gaming online. the waters are much safer for you than they are for me. :slight_smile:

I won’t lie, when I started playing I was a squeaker. I realized that hey wait no one is friending me. So I started not being annoying, or as much as I could. People respect you for that.

true…but sadly, people don’t always respect my -Yoink!-. :frowning:

> true…but sadly, people don’t always respect my -Yoink!-. :frowning:

Ah, well yeah now I understand where you’re coming from.

Everyone goes game chat when you’re playing at a high level in a ranked playlist. Why not let people talk to their friends in party chat when they’re just playing for fun?

You can still switch to game chat when your in a party.

> Please block party chat in playlists in Halo 4. The party chat system was the death of Halo 3, and one of the many reasons Reach was less popular. I don’t know if many of you were there back in Halo 3s glory days, but I made most of my Xbox Live friends playing matchmaking. I can’t say the same now. Everyone just goes into parties with kids from their school that they know, leading others (myself included) to do the same. So I ask you, take something that MW2 did right, and block party chats in competitive play.

I for one will admit to going into a party on my own just so I don’t have to hear constant use of foul language and racist insults. so yes it does cut down on bonding but it also cuts down on unnecessary anger and hatred.

how would deal with the kids that have an annoying buzzing sound constantly coming from there headset?

> how would deal with the kids that have an annoying buzzing sound constantly coming from there headset?

you can still mute people.

No. The newer and stupider generation has now moved onto Xbox, and I don’t want to be forced to hear them spout out pointless words.

I hated not having party chat. Unless you play at a high level or with friends, in game chat is never helpful. And I wouldn’t say the chat system was “the death of Halo 3” considering it never really died, and Reach was less popular for many reasons. The fact that there was party chat didn’t effect it that much.