Ammunition Pickups

I missed this from Halo: CE and Halo 2, where you’re able to pick up ammo- magazines in the plastic bags with the caliber and description on it, shotgun shells in the boxes, rockets in the brown cases, etc. instead of just coming across a weapon and picking up x amount of ammo there. I thought it was neat, because you could hold on to a weapon that ran out of ammo and if you come across ammo later, you can refill your weapon, and plus, it’s just way cooler. I think it would be awesome if this was implemented in MP as well, which they’ve never done.

Yes, they need an ammo sysetm that makes sense

It would be a nice thing to bring back.

Yeah it’d be good if we could place them down in Forge too.

Thought never occurred to me. Definitely adds a sense of realism.

It’s small ideas like this that end up having a big impact on how the game plays, without harming the core gameplay. it is something that should diffinately be added, and i’ve been wondering ever since halo CE why it hasn’t happened, but never got round to mentioning it.

A rocket launcher could spawn on one half of the map, with a clip of ammo for it on the other side, over have a shotgun on the bottom floor, with shells on a higher floor.

the only problem would be that covie weapons would be extreamly limited in use, as there would be an abundance of UNSC weaponry, with no way to get more for covie weapons. My solution to this would be bringing back the pink shells from Halo 1 to refill the needler (possibly fill the needle rifle too if that comes back?) if brute weapons are in game then they would need some sort of ammo fill, just like grenades are scattered round the map. plasma weapons should stay as they are, maybe have a slightly reduced respawn time to compensate for it.

It would be a small change, but hopefully bring back map control as people fight it out not only for weapons, but for the spare ammo as well!

there is no real point in having these in multiplayer, they are cool for campaign and firefight but that’s as fare as it goes.

you can still pick up ammo off of weapons as well as the ammo box’s, with halo having weapons as map pick up makes it useless to have ammo box’s around the map because the weapons do the same job.

> there is no real point in having these in multiplayer, they are cool for campaign and firefight but that’s as fare as it goes.
>
> you can still pick up ammo off of weapons as well as the ammo box’s, with halo having weapons as map pick up makes it useless to have ammo box’s around the map because the weapons do the same job.

Halo 2’s Coag had Shotgun ammo boxes next to the shotgun spawns I think. But if nothing else, it would be great for machinima.

> I missed this from Halo: CE and Halo 2, where you’re able to pick up ammo- magazines in the plastic bags with the caliber and description on it, shotgun shells in the boxes, rockets in the brown cases, etc. instead of just coming across a weapon and picking up x amount of ammo there. I thought it was neat, because you could hold on to a weapon that ran out of ammo and if you come across ammo later, you can refill your weapon, and plus, it’s just way cooler. I think it would be awesome if this was implemented in MP as well, which they’ve never done.

It was in ODST as well. But I love this idea, would work wonders with rockets and shottys on invasion.

> > there is no real point in having these in multiplayer, they are cool for campaign and firefight but that’s as fare as it goes.
> >
> > you can still pick up ammo off of weapons as well as the ammo box’s, with halo having weapons as map pick up makes it useless to have ammo box’s around the map because the weapons do the same job.
>
> Halo 2’s Coag had Shotgun ammo boxes next to the shotgun spawns I think. But if nothing else, it would be great for machinima.

yes, that is a good point actually.

i wouldn’t mind seeing them in forge just for machinima purposes.

I would love to see them come back.
Its all the small things that add up in the end.

It would be really neat for forge.

that and being able to pick up guns without any ammo in them, so that if you had a sniper or something, ran out of ammo, you can drop it for a gun with ammo for the fight your in, then pick it back up to carry to find ammo packs, you could do this in ce and i really liked it

I miss them; they promoted map movement in the old days.

> Yeah it’d be good if we could place them down in Forge too.

Yes, definitely Forge and Customs, it could add all kinds of possibilities and change up the way games are played.