Ammo types

Do you guys think it would be interesting to have the different ammo types by the covenant races appearing in different weapon roles. Messing around with the weapons in forge it made me think with the covenant split apart and opposing factions owing different weapon factories, surely some would re-purpose designs to use different ammo types, so before I go anywhere further just so you guys all 100% the ammo types used by the covie races are plasma (no sh*t), fuel rod(used in the covenant carbine as well as the alien rocket launcher) and blamite (needle ammo).

Now we have plasma as automatics but imagine having a shoulder mounter plasma mortar weapon, like a concussion rifle but designed to attack heavy armour and not disperse infantry and vehicles. Or since fuel rods can be used as precision weapon ammo and rocket laucher ammo, why not re-purposed as grenades? Or as automatic weapons.

Now Obviously this concept should not be within a main game, The covenant we fight in 4 and 5 are a splinter faction, I don’t know what they’re officially called so I’ll call them Storm. This should be featured in side games when facing other splinter factions. The weapons should only appear in a main game in forge and customs otherwise in multiplayer there would be to many redundant weapons.

Just thinking of the possibilities and any effects the weapons could have.
Imagine a faction that uses primarily needle weapons. We would see needlers obviously, needle rifles and needle pistols, needle grenades, I don’t think needle snipers are necessary, same with needle rocket-like weapons but vehicle mounted needle stuff would be cool.

I’m confused on what you’re asking, could you maybe give us a 1-2 sentence summary?

Eh interesting concept but I don’t think it makes sense ideally. Why would one side forgo heavy ammunition for needles? It just doesn’t make sense to me

> 2533274950960631;2:
> I’m confused on what you’re asking, could you maybe give us a 1-2 sentence summary?

I’m asking if people like the idea and concept of weapons being designed around ammo types. Particularly covenant ammo types.

> 2535462450434439;3:
> Eh interesting concept but I don’t think it makes sense ideally. Why would one side forgo heavy ammunition for needles? It just doesn’t make sense to me

I know it doesn’t make sense ideally, which id why if something like this was to ever appear it shouldn’t be in a main game. I’m not sure why a faction wouldn’t but that was more of me being tired af and not being able to think of a shoulder mounted needle weapon.

I mean the heretic faction in Halo 2 seemed to use only magazine fed weapons like the needler and carbine.

> 2533274806739045;6:
> I mean the heretic faction in Halo 2 seemed to use only magazine fed weapons like the needler and carbine.

Exactly! I mean I have no idea why that was the case, maybe cus there were plasma coils everywhere so plasma bolt weapons were too risky idk 'm babbling. But an entire needle based group would be cool. Having the needler from reach as a primary (weaker, needs the shields down first), a heavy needler for an LMG type weapon or just as the needler we all know and love already. Needle rifle, needle pistol (which already exists! In the lore somewhere). Heavy needlers (typical vehicle mounted), have a needle grenade launcher or needle grenades in general. You get the jist of it

OMG needle hunters

Sounds fun!

So basically, you want humans to reverse-engineer Covenant weapons and technology into their own weapons?

So… kinda like the weapon pad glitch that lets you make a storm rifle shoot needle rifle rounds?
Sounds interesting, I’m always down for more and more interesting weapons.

New ammo would be good. Just may have a unbalance effect.

> 2535429593088083;9:
> So basically, you want humans to reverse-engineer Covenant weapons and technology into their own weapons?

More of splinter factions reverse-engineering… Side-engineering? Idk but basically imagine hypothetically, a splinter group having plenty of plasma weapons but nothing to power them up or refuel/recharge, yknow no plasma coils or whatever. They do however have plenty of radioactive fuel rods left, so they modify the weapons, making it so they hold rods instead of batteries. They do this with their vehicles as well, essentially making everything nuclear powered.

Just a thought I’ve had

> 2533274889706740;11:
> New ammo would be good. Just may have a unbalance effect.

Well they best be balanced effectively, no idea how it depends on how they function

> 2533274857165616;1:
> Do you guys think it would be interesting to have the different ammo types by the covenant races appearing in different weapon roles. Messing around with the weapons in forge it made me think with the covenant split apart and opposing factions owing different weapon factories, surely some would re-purpose designs to use different ammo types, so before I go anywhere further just so you guys all 100% the ammo types used by the covie races are plasma (no sh*t), fuel rod(used in the covenant carbine as well as the alien rocket launcher) and blamite (needle ammo).
>
> Now we have plasma as automatics but imagine having a shoulder mounter plasma mortar weapon, like a concussion rifle but designed to attack heavy armour and not disperse infantry and vehicles. Or since fuel rods can be used as precision weapon ammo and rocket laucher ammo, why not re-purposed as grenades? Or as automatic weapons.
>
> **Now Obviously this concept should not be within a main game, The covenant we fight in 4 and 5 are a splinter faction, I don’t know what they’re officially called so I’ll call them Storm. This should be featured in side games when facing other splinter factions. The weapons should only appear in a main game in forge and customs otherwise in multiplayer there would be to many redundant weapons.**Just thinking of the possibilities and any effects the weapons could have.
> Imagine a faction that uses primarily needle weapons. We would see needlers obviously, needle rifles and needle pistols, needle grenades, I don’t think needle snipers are necessary, same with needle rocket-like weapons but vehicle mounted needle stuff would be cool.

i say it would be a cool thing to play around with and check out

> 2533274857165616;7:
> > 2533274806739045;6:
> > I mean the heretic faction in Halo 2 seemed to use only magazine fed weapons like the needler and carbine.
>
> Exactly! I mean I have no idea why that was the case, maybe cus there were plasma coils everywhere so plasma bolt weapons were too risky idk 'm babbling. But an entire needle based group would be cool. Having the needler from reach as a primary (weaker, needs the shields down first), a heavy needler for an LMG type weapon or just as the needler we all know and love already. Needle rifle, needle pistol (which already exists! In the lore somewhere). Heavy needlers (typical vehicle mounted), have a needle grenade launcher or needle grenades in general. You get the jist of it
>
> OMG needle hunters

I agree. I’m a huge needle weapon fan and It would be nice to see more variations. Needle grenade, needle caster, or even a needle turret taken from the Swordhog. I think the rifle was a great weapon I really loved it, but alas it’s dated. My guess about the heretic faction: Carbines shoot miniature fuel rods which are highly radioactive. The radioactive contamination of everything that remained of 04 was probably indescribable so there’s no shortage of the stuff I bet.

> 2535429593088083;9:
> So basically, you want humans to reverse-engineer Covenant weapons and technology into their own weapons?

Fairly certain they’ve already done that at least once…

> 2533274907200114;16:
> > 2535429593088083;9:
> > So basically, you want humans to reverse-engineer Covenant weapons and technology into their own weapons?
>
> Fairly certain they’ve already done that at least once…

> 2535443415997565;8:
> Sounds fun!

would be a cool thing to try

> 2533274806739045;15:
> > 2533274857165616;7:
> > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > I mean the heretic faction in Halo 2 seemed to use only magazine fed weapons like the needler and carbine.
> >
> > Exactly! I mean I have no idea why that was the case, maybe cus there were plasma coils everywhere so plasma bolt weapons were too risky idk 'm babbling. But an entire needle based group would be cool. Having the needler from reach as a primary (weaker, needs the shields down first), a heavy needler for an LMG type weapon or just as the needler we all know and love already. Needle rifle, needle pistol (which already exists! In the lore somewhere). Heavy needlers (typical vehicle mounted), have a needle grenade launcher or needle grenades in general. You get the jist of it
> >
> > OMG needle hunters
>
> I agree. I’m a huge needle weapon fan and It would be nice to see more variations. Needle grenade, needle caster, or even a needle turret taken from the Swordhog. I think the rifle was a great weapon I really loved it, but alas it’s dated. My guess about the heretic faction: Carbines shoot miniature fuel rods which are highly radioactive. The radioactive contamination of everything that remained of 04 was probably indescribable so there’s no shortage of the stuff I bet.

I mean the needle rifle does still exist in the halo universe and the beam rifle in halo 4 and 5 is actually an older model listed as T-27. even older than the needle rile itself which is T-31.

> 2533274857165616;18:
> > 2533274806739045;15:
> > > 2533274857165616;7:
> > > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > > I mean the heretic faction in Halo 2 seemed to use only magazine fed weapons like the needler and carbine.
> > >
> > > Exactly! I mean I have no idea why that was the case, maybe cus there were plasma coils everywhere so plasma bolt weapons were too risky idk 'm babbling. But an entire needle based group would be cool. Having the needler from reach as a primary (weaker, needs the shields down first), a heavy needler for an LMG type weapon or just as the needler we all know and love already. Needle rifle, needle pistol (which already exists! In the lore somewhere). Heavy needlers (typical vehicle mounted), have a needle grenade launcher or needle grenades in general. You get the jist of it
> > >
> > > OMG needle hunters
> >
> > I agree. I’m a huge needle weapon fan and It would be nice to see more variations. Needle grenade, needle caster, or even a needle turret taken from the Swordhog. I think the rifle was a great weapon I really loved it, but alas it’s dated. My guess about the heretic faction: Carbines shoot miniature fuel rods which are highly radioactive. The radioactive contamination of everything that remained of 04 was probably indescribable so there’s no shortage of the stuff I bet.
>
> I mean the needle rifle does still exist in the halo universe and the beam rifle in halo 4 and 5 is actually an older model listed as T-27. even older than the needle rile itself which is T-31.

Oh I guess that makes sense, the Halo 5 Beam Rifle looks very similar to a Focus Rifle to me with the main difference being the stock. I’m probably the only person who would love to see the Focus Rifle make a comeback lol

> 2533274806739045;19:
> > 2533274857165616;18:
> > > 2533274806739045;15:
> > > > 2533274857165616;7:
> > > > > 2533274806739045;6:
> > > > > I mean the heretic faction in Halo 2 seemed to use only magazine fed weapons like the needler and carbine.
> > > >
> > > > Exactly! I mean I have no idea why that was the case, maybe cus there were plasma coils everywhere so plasma bolt weapons were too risky idk 'm babbling. But an entire needle based group would be cool. Having the needler from reach as a primary (weaker, needs the shields down first), a heavy needler for an LMG type weapon or just as the needler we all know and love already. Needle rifle, needle pistol (which already exists! In the lore somewhere). Heavy needlers (typical vehicle mounted), have a needle grenade launcher or needle grenades in general. You get the jist of it
> > > >
> > > > OMG needle hunters
> > >
> > > I agree. I’m a huge needle weapon fan and It would be nice to see more variations. Needle grenade, needle caster, or even a needle turret taken from the Swordhog. I think the rifle was a great weapon I really loved it, but alas it’s dated. My guess about the heretic faction: Carbines shoot miniature fuel rods which are highly radioactive. The radioactive contamination of everything that remained of 04 was probably indescribable so there’s no shortage of the stuff I bet.
> >
> > I mean the needle rifle does still exist in the halo universe and the beam rifle in halo 4 and 5 is actually an older model listed as T-27. even older than the needle rile itself which is T-31.
>
> Oh I guess that makes sense, the Halo 5 Beam Rifle looks very similar to a Focus Rifle to me with the main difference being the stock. I’m probably the only person who would love to see the Focus Rifle make a comeback lol

I would love to see the focus rifle, it’s literally a re-purposed sentinel beam and it’s beautiful. I used to dominate on reach with it