America?

Now don’t get me wrong it is kind of ridiculous at the amount of games that take place in America and im glad in halo when you are on earth you are in Africa. That said where is America in the halo games is there anything said about it?

The exact status of America is unknown, but Contact Harvest does feature the Greater Chicago Industrial Zone, an urban sprawl that encompasses most of the former states of Illinois, Wisconson, and Indiana.

Based on that, if America is still around, it’s changed radically.

The US is still around, but no doubt under the UN. We know that city’s like Chicago and Cleveland still exist as well.

Thank’s guys this answers a lot.

It is logical to assume that much of America has been converted into large super-cities, similar to New Mombasa.

We already know of Chicago. New York City would likely be transformed into a massive supercity. Washington D.C… basically all the Capitals and major cities will likely be supercities. A lot of America could be supercities…

In Contact Harvest Sgt. Johnson goes to Chicago. But also when the covenant are on Earth a team of spartans goes to Cuba or something, I can’t remember exactly. The amount of games taking place in America is overwhelming because most of those games are made here I would think, or maybe the rest of the world wants us to become war torn, and get attacked by aliens and zombies. lol

> <mark>In Contact Harvest Sgt. Johnson goes to Chicago.</mark> But also when the covenant are on Earth a team of spartans goes to Cuba or something, I can’t remember exactly. The amount of games taking place in America is overwhelming because most of those games are made here I would think, or maybe the rest of the world wants us to become war torn, and get attacked by aliens and zombies. lol

Not just Chicago, the Greater Chicago Industrial Zone, which encompasses most of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. As JSA343 mentioned, most of America is likely supercities now.

And of course, Canada, Mexico and America are now part of a political union called the United Republic of North America.

I would imagine the Mid Atlantic would just be one giant super-city.

Also I think the super-cities in America, or any super-cities that derive from a city that exist today, would be much larger than New Mombasa due to them already being established today.

Well on the books
Ciudad de Mexico have an important USNC base Base Segunda Tierra (english - Second Earth Base) funny thing is that the name its wrongly translated Base Segundo Tierra akwardly that name fits perfectly.
Also the Covenant forces where in Merida, Yucatan were the great meteorite killed the dinosaurs… guessing that were looking for Forerunner devices on the impact zone.
Plus the Habana USNC base.

all that is really know about USA is that it is a part of the United Republic of North America which is a union that includes USA, Canada and Mexico.

Mericuh is still around kicking -Yoink- and takin names.

> Mericuh is still around kicking -Yoink!- and takin names.

No actually I highly doubt there is any -Yoink- kicking, or name taking. Considering there is the united Earth Government now. Most countries would be reduced to what we call states in todays time, or even further like cities. Since there are many colonized planets

> > Mericuh is still around kicking -Yoink!- and takin names.
>
> No actually I highly doubt there is any -Yoink!- kicking, or name taking. Considering there is the united Earth Government now. Most countries would be reduced to what we call states in todays time, or even further like cities. Since there are many colonized planets

I begg difer, the spirit of Mericuh lives through the United Earth Government.

I don’t think the United States fared well over the years…

Halo Encyclopedia Page 285

United Republic of North America (URNA)

Major Locations: United States, Cleveland, Commonwealth of Kentucky, Mexico, Canada, UNSC Supreme Headquarters, Greater Chicago Industrial Zone, Fueder Construction Headquarters, Base Segundo Terra.

“The United Republic of North America is a loose association of the nations of Canada and Mexico and the political remnants of the United States. The UNSC has many military bases and other facilities spread across the URNA, as the association with the former United Nations and its headquarters in New York City still ties the organization closely to this part of the world.”

> > > Mericuh is still around kicking -Yoink!- and takin names.
> >
> > No actually I highly doubt there is any -Yoink!- kicking, or name taking. Considering there is the united Earth Government now. Most countries would be reduced to what we call states in todays time, or even further like cities. Since there are many colonized planets
>
> I begg difer, the spirit of Mericuh lives through the United Earth Government.

I do hope your joking…

It’s not exactly clear if it simply collapsed or with the US government getting so very intertwined in global politics and eventually the body of the UNSC it just fractured.

Reminds me of the novel “Friday” back in the 80’s or the game Shadowrun. Many of the US states becoming nations in their own right or nations/parts of nations combining into new nations.

Basically “Chicago” has started the process of becoming a Science Fiction Hive City. Assume a few other states knocked off as well and they then all decided to patch up with Mexico and Canada to create another nation.

I guess that the United States suffer the same fate like South America during the Rainforest Wars.

Codename: SURGEON references the Battle of Gettysburg as taking place during the first American Civil War. This could imply that a second civil war took place.

Also referencing Nihilus Shadow’s post, I wonder why Kentucky is listed as a major location? It just popped out at me because I live in Kentucky.

U.R.N.A possible super cities:
Seattle-Vancouver-Portland
Dallas-Austin-San Antonio-Houston
Los Angeles-San Diego-Tijuana-Mexicali
Miami-Orlando-Tampa
Detroit-Toronto-Pittsburg-Cleveland-Buffalo-Rochester
Kansas City-Oklahoma City-Little Rock-Memphis
Ottawa-Quebec-Montreal-Boston
Phoenix-Hermosillo-Chihuahua-Alburquerque-Santa Fe
Salt Lake City-Cheyenne-Denver
Monterrey-Saltillo-Ciudad Victoria-Tampico-San Luis Potosi

Well Montreal Is in island, kind of like new Mombasa.