Am I wasting my time playing Co-op on Legendary?

Hi Guys,

Picked up the game 2 days ago and have so far been playing through the Campaign Co-op mode on Legendary difficulty.
I figured random people would be able to jump in and help me but so far I’m on Mission 7 and it has literally been myself and 3 AI players helping me.
Am I missing the point in this? If Solo is the same with 3 AI players then I might have well have picked that mode instead as you get more achievement points for completing the game legendary in Solo than you do on Co-Op.
Have I made a mistake by picking Co-Op mode and not having any friends who play the game? Is it not possible for random people to jump into my game and assist?
So far it has just literally been myself playing with 3 AI players…

If this is the case then I’m going to end up playing through the whole game again in exactly the same way but this time just choose Solo instead of Co-Op… Waste of Time!!!

I’m missing the part where this is a waste of time. You’re still getting legendary missions completed yes?

You need to either be invited or invite a friend into the co-op mode. Or start a party and then select co-op.
What time zone are you in? I enjoy playing co-op and am always looking for others interested in co-op :slight_smile:

Co-op just lets your friends drop in and out if they want. There’s no random MM so you won’t be getting randoms in your missions trolling you but if your friends get on, they can crash you. :slight_smile:

Well, as far as I know the game doesnt have campaign matchmaking so dont expect people to join in unless you invite them. As for wasting your time, I dont know if the game will count your completed missions for the legendary achievement, best switch to solo unless someone can confirm you are not wasting your time.
When you go to your service record, do your “missions difficulty” display a legendary above solo or coop? Like I said, best switch to solo either way.

Complete the rest on co op alone you never know you mite get the solo achivment aswell if no one joins you. Worth the risk 100% . I’ll be doing co op on heroic my self to get the single mission achivments. Any one in GMT time feel free to add.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> I’m missing the part where this is a waste of time. You’re still getting legendary missions completed yes?

Yes, but I’m not sure if I’ll get the achievement for completing the game on Legendary by myself (IE, Solo) because I’m doing it in Co-Op mode, albeit with all AI teammates. I only chose Co-Op as I thought people would be able to drop in and help and seems I was wrong, so I may have well have just chosen Solo from the start…

> 2620397997480957;7:
> > 2533274913936758;2:
> > I’m missing the part where this is a waste of time. You’re still getting legendary missions completed yes?
>
>
> Yes, but I’m not sure if I’ll get the achievement for completing the game on Legendary by myself (IE, Solo) because I’m doing it in Co-Op mode, albeit with all AI teammates. I only chose Co-Op as I thought people would be able to drop in and help and seems I was wrong, so I may have well have just chosen Solo from the start…

Well, for what it’s worth, your service record seems to be showing that you’re doing the campaign solo and no co-op. Which means, in theory, you should get the bleep bloop for solo legendary. But I’m not 100% sure if that works or not. I was actually wondering that earlier tonight.

Waypoint’s showing em as solo, so yeah you’ll get the solo chievo.

Good luck on mission 14 alone.

I completed the game on solo legendary the first day, it was…an experience to be sure. The boss fights were all easy but still resulted in several deaths due to incompetent teammate AI. It sucks that that doesn’t unlock specific armor or something like the Hayabusa armor from halo 3.

> 2533274827031089;10:
> Good luck on mission 14 alone.

Dont be mean, weve all been there.

Thinking of cleaning the achievements for the game. Haven’t played campaign since I beat the game solo on legendary. I’m curious too. can anyone confirm if it counts as co-op even without friends joining?

Campaign matchmaking would be nice, but no, you’re stuck by yourself unless a mate decides to join.

you’ll get the chievo for solo legendary after completing each mission on your own (with AI help, since they are present whether you choose solo or co-op)

the co-op setting allows friends to join, while the solo setting prevents that. So if you’re trying to beat it alone, go solo mode. If a friend joins at the last checkpoint, if counts as a co-op mission.

so no, you’re not wasting anytime.

Ps, for mission 14, bring a binary rifle with you through the whole missin. You’ll be glad you did