Am I the only person who really misses 1 Flag CTF?

I really freakin’ miss 1 flag ctf and 1 bomb assault in BTB maps. I know that the assault game mode is probably coming in the next few months, but for the time being where’s the one flag CTF? We have guillotine which is such an awesome map for single objective game types, I think 343 should shove that in the BTB hopper as soon as possible.

I enjoyed those the most out of objective gamemodes and I hope they make a return

Hopefully we’ll see more game modes and maps released in January and February 1 flag ctf included

I liked 1 flag CTF but teams in this game NEVER play the objective. It disapoints me when i’m the only one making a run for the flag.

I much prefer to play normal ctf myself. But yeah no one in this game plays the objective…its infuriating

I love asymmetric game types, the attack and defend mentality is fantastic. 4 mins to complete an objective not only is it a great test of team work and communication but it’s one of those last ditch game types where you throw everything including the kitchen sink to achieve your goal.

> 2535463247373246;4:
> I liked 1 flag CTF but teams in this game NEVER play the objective. It disapoints me when i’m the only one making a run for the flag.

Play strongholds…no one will hold the spot they just captured. They just run around the map capturing the areas they just lost over and over since no one defends it :frowning:

One flag and one bomb were the worse game types of all time. All they ever did was encourage camping.

> 2533274804889663;1:
> I really freakin’ miss 1 flag ctf and 1 bomb assault in BTB maps. I know that the assault game mode is probably coming in the next few months, but for the time being where’s the one flag CTF? We have guillotine which is such an awesome map for single objective game types, I think 343 should shove that in the BTB hopper as soon as possible.

No you aren’t I’ve been crying about it since halo 5 came out, it gives so much purpose to multiplayer :(. 1 bomb on headlong was fun as -Yoink- in halo reach anniversary, and even 1 flag on the reach blood gulch. I also miss headhunter soo much. 343 plz

> 2533274816788253;8:
> One flag and one bomb were the worse game types of all time. All they ever did was encourage camping.

So does 6 player Ffa

> 2812739231567241;6:
> I love asymmetric game types, the attack and defend mentality is fantastic. 4 mins to complete an objective not only is it a great test of team work and communication but it’s one of those last ditch game types where you throw everything including the kitchen sink to achieve your goal.

Last sentence explains asymmetric game types perfectly.

I would really welcome One Flag CTF again. Some of the best games I’ve had were down to the wire, back in Halo 3 on Last Resort.

> 2533274846171508;7:
> > 2535463247373246;4:
> > I liked 1 flag CTF but teams in this game NEVER play the objective. It disapoints me when i’m the only one making a run for the flag.
>
>
> Play strongholds…no one will hold the spot they just captured. They just run around the map capturing the areas they just lost over and over since no one defends it :frowning:

Lol I know right! It just becomes a race to capture the opponents strongholds faster than they capture yours!

Halo 5 doesn’t encourage objective gameplay in general. The flag respawns are super fast, so you get no tug of war or extended battle over an away flag.

No bomb, no ball, no VIP, no KoTH.

The game types chosen favour the hit and run, cat and mouse gameplay. Where you can dart in and kill a few guys then run off.

Old Halo was about tug of war gameplay. Holding off players from an objective, clearing the enemy team off the objective. The closest thing to this now is Warzone.

Some of my best memories were planning an attack on a base, clearing it out and scoring the objective while on the attacking round. The kids that praise Halo 4 and 5 just don’t get that. Without these experiences Nu-Halo does feel super generic and as a result just like everything else on the market.

> 2533274989075657;10:
> > 2533274816788253;8:
> > One flag and one bomb were the worse game types of all time. All they ever did was encourage camping.
>
>
> So does 6 player Ffa

I don’t know what FFA you play but all I play sniFFS and BTB and I don’t experience or even see much camping in FFA. It plays better than ever now.

Yeah I believe you must be the only one that misses it :slight_smile:

Isn’t that just Breakout now? Grab the 1 flag and bring it to base?

I would love an excuse to sit and camp, err… I mean guard the flag. Yes, guard the flag. That’s what I would love to do…