Am i the only one who thinks?

That it would be cool if you could rip the turret off of a warthog or gausshog in halo 4?

you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?

> you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?

No and besides im talking about ripping of the gausshogs or rocket hogs turret.Not a crappy stationary turret.

I hope the detatchable turret functions the way it did in H3.

It was crap in Reach.

Although a gauss hog turret looks like weighs about a ton and a half dude.

Spartans are strong, but that’s a little rediculous, Imagine the recoil that thing would create while carrying it around.

> > you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?
>
> No and besides im talking about ripping of the gausshogs or rocket hogs turret.Not a crappy stationary turret.

I think rocket turret would be to heavy, not to mention to big to carry around, the shock wave would send you flying ^^
Same goes for gauss, one shot and you’re down :stuck_out_tongue:
Not to mention, how mad would people be if you started wrecking all vehicles just to get a turret ^^

> > > you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?
> >
> > No and besides im talking about ripping of the gausshogs or rocket hogs turret.Not a crappy stationary turret.
>
> I think rocket turret would be to heavy, not to mention to big to carry around, the shock wave would send you flying ^^
> Same goes for gauss, one shot and you’re down :stuck_out_tongue:
> Not to mention, how mad would people be if you started wrecking all vehicles just to get a turret ^^

Never thought about that alot of people would probably be betreyed for ripping off the turrets

> > you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?
>
> No and besides im talking about ripping of the gausshogs or rocket hogs turret.Not a crappy stationary turret.

lol its the same turret lol did you know that? http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15788693

this is just one of the few posts lol anyways they are the same models turret like the plasma launcher is used for the phantoms and spirits. its the same model. you can rip off the stionary turret you know that? also they dont want you ripping off the turret because its part of the warthog for its purposes that the vehicle is used for.

Isn’t the point of the Warthog to have a powerful, highly mobile weapon platform operated by at least two people, a gunner and a driver?

Just sayin’, but being able to rip off Warthog turrets seems a little over-powered.

> Isn’t the point of the Warthog to have a powerful, highly mobile weapon platform operated by at least two people, a gunner and a driver?
>
> Just sayin’, but being able to rip off Warthog turrets seems a little over-powered.

well its definitely unbalanced. the point was, ya, to have one person be driving while the other fires.

> > > you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?
> >
> > No and besides im talking about ripping of the gausshogs or rocket hogs turret.Not a crappy stationary turret.
>
> lol its the same turret lol did you know that? http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15788693
>
> this is just one of the few posts lol anyways they are the same models turret like the plasma launcher is used for the phantoms and spirits. its the same model. you can rip off the stionary turret you know that? also they dont want you ripping off the turret because its part of the warthog for its purposes that the vehicle is used for.

I’m talking about the gauss and rocket hog turrets not the machine gun turret.And yes it would kinda suck if some random dude ran along and ripped the gun off your warthog wouldnt it?

> > > > you do realize that a guy on the forums mentioned this in halo 3 forum before its release and then bungie made it at the last minute and became the machine gun turret people could rip off ingame in halo 3 right?
> > >
> > > No and besides im talking about ripping of the gausshogs or rocket hogs turret.Not a crappy stationary turret.
> >
> > lol its the same turret lol did you know that? http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15788693
> >
> > this is just one of the few posts lol anyways they are the same models turret like the plasma launcher is used for the phantoms and spirits. its the same model. you can rip off the stionary turret you know that? also they dont want you ripping off the turret because its part of the warthog for its purposes that the vehicle is used for.
>
> I’m talking about the gauss and rocket hog turrets not the machine gun turret.And yes it would kinda suck if some random dude ran along and ripped the gun off your warthog wouldnt it?

no because it would become unbalanced. you would have players running for the warthog, taking off without their teammates, drive to the enemies side and start mowing everyone down with missiles. i want the missile pod back in MM though

It should only happen when the hog has been severely damaged. I wouldn’t mind being sent flying by merely shooting a few rockets. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone recall that destroyed hog on The Ark that had a functioning turret?

> > Isn’t the point of the Warthog to have a powerful, highly mobile weapon platform operated by at least two people, a gunner and a driver?
> >
> > Just sayin’, but being able to rip off Warthog turrets seems a little over-powered.
>
> well its definitely unbalanced. the point was, ya, to have one person be driving while the other fires.

It would be unbalenced in that it would suck

on the big maps where warthogs actually feature all it would do is make you a slow moving target that can’t really do anything to defend yourself, people would pick you off with long range wepons right away

all it would achieve is -Yoink!- off people who want to actually help with the proper vehicle but can’t because some idiot has taken the turret and wandered off to die

I’d rather stick to adding a Gauss turret over ripping out a Warthog’s turret.

I can just see one person just trolling by ripping out the guns from the hogs and throwing them on the ground. All we’d have is a bunch of oversized Mongooses. :frowning:

> That it would be cool if you could rip the turret off of a warthog or gausshog in halo 4?

not as terrible as bloom does not equal a good idea.

Yeah like a destroyed hog I could see that happening, not a fully functional one whenever you wanted to get a warthog rush going some -Yoink- would take your turret.
but a destroyed hog would make sense like ripping it of and attaching it to a rock or wall in a base the turret would have limited ammo of coarse like 200 in the machine 8 shots for gauss and rocket.

> Yeah like a destroyed hog I could see that happening, not a fully functional one whenever you wanted to get a warthog rush going some -Yoink!- would take your turret.
> but a destroyed hog would make sense like ripping it of and attaching it to a rock or wall in a base the turret would have limited ammo of coarse like 200 in the machine 8 shots for gauss and rocket.

Now I want a stationary Gauss Turret.