am i the only one who thinks the DLC codes could have used better distribution to waypoint members

am i mad i didnt get a map code? no, i have a gift card that i can use anyway to get it once it comes out. but putting the codes directly on the forum seemed like a bad idea since somebody ratted out to Bnet that the codes were on here. they could have done something like random PMing instead and not attract all the people from Bnet.

just to be clear though I only hate people from Bnet comeing over here because of the good nature of this forum, i want to keep it that way without all the flamers and trolls from bnet. if you arnt in any of those two catagories than im fine with you i just want this website to remain good natured.

and the distribution of the codes didnt reward many waypoint long term members anyway since it was mostly people from Bnet who got codes.

Well, the codes weren’t for the Waypoint community, they were for anybody who plays the game. I, as well as many other people I know who were here before the codes, got one yesterday. While I agree that I feel long term members are more deserving of the codes than me, I’m sure the staff always makes sure that the people who truly deserve a code, will have one.

> I’m sure the staff always makes sure that the people who truly deserve a code, will have one.

-_-

Not trying to put you on the spot, but what makes you more deserving than anyone else who didn’t redeem a code? Community leaders and some people who have impacted the community were givin codes for their services to the community. Waiting and posting in a thread shows dedication and fanship, but it doesn’t make anyone deserving in my opinion.

> I’m sure the staff always makes sure that the people who truly deserve a code, will have one.

That’s very wrong.

I mean, WRONG.

> Well, the codes weren’t for the Waypoint community, they were for anybody who plays the game. I, as well as many other people I know who were here before the codes, got one yesterday. While I agree that I feel long term members are more deserving of the codes than me, I’m sure the staff always makes sure that the people who truly deserve a code, will have one.

yes but wasnt their a thread on Bnet giveing out codes? so this one than would be for the waypoint community. but as for everyone getting a code before people from Bnet showed up the forum moved slow and people dont check in as much as people do on Bnet to stay updated, even the guy who created the thread lost out on a code because he wasnt used to it, i bet a very small amount of long term waypoint members got a code

> Not trying to put you on the spot, but what makes you more deserving than anyone else who didn’t redeem a code? Community leaders and some people who have impacted the community were givin codes for their services to the community. Waiting and posting in a thread shows dedication and fanship, but it doesn’t make anyone deserving in my opinion.

I never said i needed a code and i am fine without one, but i am pissed other long term people here didnt get a code. as for CLs they are just awesome like that and are rewarded but what about the non CL community on here who has been here a long time

Why couldn’t they just send codes to those people that are at least a 45 or above in the Halo career stats on Waypoint. The codes on Twitter are used too quickly to be fair.

Look at the bright side, the people who came here for map pack codes won’t stay very long anyway. But at least we got some nice new members, no?

Just being an optimist.

> > Not trying to put you on the spot, but what makes you more deserving than anyone else who didn’t redeem a code? Community leaders and some people who have impacted the community were givin codes for their services to the community. Waiting and posting in a thread shows dedication and fanship, but it doesn’t make anyone deserving in my opinion.
>
> I never said i needed a code and i am fine without one, but i am pissed other long term people here didnt get a code. as for CLs they are just awesome like that and are rewarded but what about the non CL community on here who has been here a long time

Oh, sorry, that post wasn’t directed towards you.There wasn’t any thread I’m aware of that was giving out codes on bnet. If there is anything you want me to do or find out for you on the new maps, feel free to ask. Posted codes are luck of the draw, and I just got lucky.

> Why couldn’t they just send codes to those people that are at least a 45 or above in the Halo career stats on Waypoint. The codes on Twitter are used too quickly to be fair.

because than microsoft wouldnt make any money off of the map pack.

all im saying is the codes on waypoint didnt reward a lot of long time forum users

Didn’t everyone on this forum come from Bungie.net? So…

I thought I should let you see this…

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57700783

How can one differentiate themselves from another? Everyone on this forum is deserving of a code equally. It doesn’t matter how long someone has been a member, or how many posts they have made. The idea of posting codes was simply to reward Halo fans. The measure of “fandom” cannot be determined in simple ways. I don’t view it as unfortunate that Bungie.net users were able to retrieve a bulk of the codes. To be fair, the codes were up for a couple hours before word got over to them. And in all fairness, it was probably a Waypoint community member that spread the word.

I’ve browsed both forums, and yes, I got my hands on a code because I learned of this through the Bungie.net forums. Actually, it was the second code I recieved. I also attended the Defiant Map Pack Preview in Bellevue, WA. We received them as a gift for attending. Many will say that this avenue was also unfair because events like these primarily take place very close to Bungie and 343i. That’s true. So what better way to make sure that people have a chance to get a code, then post them here, where all can see?

What we all need to remember is this didn’t have to be done. Nor did they have to post a second batch of codes. Then a third. And continually on Twitter. They simply could have left us alone and made us wait until Tuesday.

To the 343i team’s defense, they do an amazing job of including the community in all they do. I’ve interacted with them tons of times now. Sometimes I feel like somewhat of a nuisance! I look up to these people, even though they are fans just like you and I.

Being fortunate enough to live in WA, I’ve been able to attend a lot of different events in the area. I built up a reputation as being Mr. 1st in line, and Mr. Firefight. I was the kid who camped out for the Halo 3 preview event for 15 hours at the IMAX just to be first. I was also the guy who was first in line at the ODST truck tour in Redmond, WA and stayed for the entire preview. I was the guy that played through ODST for an entire day at PAX, and even ended up setting the high score for the nation at that even. Following tradition, I was also the guy who spent the night at EMP to be first in line for the Reach preview event. According to Bungie & 343i, I have more than shown my fandom for Halo, and they do so much to reward people for their efforts. But to be honest - I’m not deserving of anything. I’m no different than any of you. I just have been fortunate enough to be able to go to these types of things.

I’ve had the chance to meet and interact with some people in the community that do incredible things. It’s constantly a humbling reminder that some people do incredibly things. I played a last night with some people that brought this feeling back to light. Our conversation was about how each got a code. I was embarrassed to admit that I was simply lucky, rather than the creator of ReadyUpLive, GriffballHub, or any one of the amazing sites that we frequent each day. These people are the ones that are deserving.

We are not entitled at all. Instead of trying to take advantage of these people in the hopes of something for free, why not engage in conversation and take the time out of your day to let them get to know you! That’s what they’re here for. I’ve loved seeing how much BS Angel interacts with the community. Some of you may not know this, but (besides this crazy weekend at PAX) she takes the time to read and respond to just about every tweet she receives from us. That’s incredible! I’ve had the opportunity to play Halo online with her too! What’s most amazing to me, David Ellis and Allison S. know my name! No game, map, toy could ever replace that.

This community is awesome, and I was mentioning that to one of the community leaders here. We have an awesome opportunity to interact with some very cool people. Take advantage of it! Your reward will come. Follow each other on Twitter, exchange Gamertags. Find ways to interact with one another so the next time something big like this happens we can share the news with each other faster than it can leak out to Bungie.net. How about that?

TL;DR - We are all equally deserving, if not deserving at all. In the future, find a way to share the news with fellow friends. Make some friends on here, we are all awesome.

China can have their wall back.

I completely agree. Right now, the thread is mostly bnetters who came for a code. For those who said that they were meant for anyone, you’re wrong. They were meant for the Waypoint community, hence why they were posted here. Otherwise they could’ve done a giant bnet blog dump, bnet forums, twitter, or anywhere. But they chose here. Because they actually are trying to care for their community.
Next time, ask for PMs. This way, strangers at least have to make an account first.

Well said my friend.

I agree with what BigTwinke said in his post. They have been giving out so many to the community on the forum, twitter, media sites, and also giving out codes during PAX.

> > I’m sure the staff always makes sure that the people who truly deserve a code, will have one.
>
> That’s very wrong.
>
> I mean, WRONG.

I don’t think you have enough information to back that up. and as far as all the accusations about not “rewarding” long term members go, that might be the reason you didn’t get a code, because you felt entitled to one. Being upset about not getting one might prove why you didn’t: because you felt like you deserved it. The can’t give codes to everyone, they can give them to a large amount of people, but 90% of getting the codes comes from being in the right place at the right time, whether it be the preview event, PAX, or the forums, it’s the same with EVERYTHING in life.

> How can one differentiate themselves from another? Everyone on this forum is deserving of a code equally. It doesn’t matter how long someone has been a member, or how many posts they have made. The idea of posting codes was simply to reward Halo fans. The measure of “fandom” cannot be determined in simple ways. I don’t view it as unfortunate that Bungie.net users were able to retrieve a bulk of the codes. To be fair, the codes were up for a couple hours before word got over to them. And in all fairness, it was probably a Waypoint community member that spread the word.
>
> I’ve browsed both forums, and yes, I got my hands on a code because I learned of this through the Bungie.net forums. Actually, it was the second code I recieved. I also attended the Defiant Map Pack Preview in Bellevue, WA. We received them as a gift for attending. Many will say that this avenue was also unfair because events like these primarily take place very close to Bungie and 343i. That’s true. So what better way to make sure that people have a chance to get a code, then post them here, where all can see?
>
> What we all need to remember is this didn’t have to be done. Nor did they have to post a second batch of codes. Then a third. And continually on Twitter. They simply could have left us alone and made us wait until Tuesday.
>
> To the 343i team’s defense, they do an amazing job of including the community in all they do. I’ve interacted with them tons of times now. Sometimes I feel like somewhat of a nuisance! I look up to these people, even though they are fans just like you and I.
>
> Being fortunate enough to live in WA, I’ve been able to attend a lot of different events in the area. I built up a reputation as being Mr. 1st in line, and Mr. Firefight. I was the kid who camped out for the Halo 3 preview event for 15 hours at the IMAX just to be first. I was also the guy who was first in line at the ODST truck tour in Redmond, WA and stayed for the entire preview. I was the guy that played through ODST for an entire day at PAX, and even ended up setting the high score for the nation at that even. Following tradition, I was also the guy who spent the night at EMP to be first in line for the Reach preview event. According to Bungie & 343i, I have more than shown my fandom for Halo, and they do so much to reward people for their efforts. But to be honest - I’m not deserving of anything. I’m no different than any of you. I just have been fortunate enough to be able to go to these types of things.
>
> I’ve had the chance to meet and interact with some people in the community that do incredible things. It’s constantly a humbling reminder that some people do incredibly things. I played a last night with some people that brought this feeling back to light. Our conversation was about how each got a code. I was embarrassed to admit that I was simply lucky, rather than the creator of ReadyUpLive, GriffballHub, or any one of the amazing sites that we frequent each day. These people are the ones that are deserving.
>
> We are not entitled at all. Instead of trying to take advantage of these people in the hopes of something for free, why not engage in conversation and take the time out of your day to let them get to know you! That’s what they’re here for. I’ve loved seeing how much BS Angel interacts with the community. Some of you may not know this, but (besides this crazy weekend at PAX) she takes the time to read and respond to just about every tweet she receives from us. That’s incredible! I’ve had the opportunity to play Halo online with her too! What’s most amazing to me, David Ellis and Allison S. know my name! No game, map, toy could ever replace that.
>
> This community is awesome, and I was mentioning that to one of the community leaders here. We have an awesome opportunity to interact with some very cool people. Take advantage of it! Your reward will come. Follow each other on Twitter, exchange Gamertags. Find ways to interact with one another so the next time something big like this happens we can share the news with each other faster than it can leak out to Bungie.net. How about that?
>
> TL;DR - We are all equally deserving, if not deserving at all. In the future, find a way to share the news with fellow friends. Make some friends on here, we are all awesome.
>
> China can have their wall back.
>
> I was gonna write something longer, but you said it all man. good stuff.

> Not trying to put you on the spot, but what makes you more deserving than anyone else who didn’t redeem a code? Community leaders and some people who have impacted the community were givin codes for their services to the community. Waiting and posting in a thread shows dedication and fanship, but it doesn’t make anyone deserving in my opinion.

Finding out about “umg codes” on b.net and then heading over her just for the codes is not equal to people who waited and posted.

BIGTwinkie said it perfectly.