Am I the only one who thinks Reach Maps...

Are just plain awful?

I just can’t get over the fact of how crowded most of them are. Very difficult to dodge projectiles and grenades when I’m running into the wall right next to me. Some maps that run through my mind are Sword Base, Countdown, Reflection, and Zealot.

Sure half of the maps are really compact, but the other half are WAY too big with absolutely no cover. I’m talking about Hemorrhage and Boardwalk as examples. I spend a good chunk of time running around to find decent cover.

Hopefully there will be decent sized maps in H4. And more of them too. There were a total of nine in Reach. Two of them being for invasion strictly. Halo 2 had 12, and Halo 3 had 11. Not to mention, I hardly play any of the maps I bought for Reach. Stupid default maps…

You’re not the only one, believe me.

Countdown almost always turns into a pooping session with the shotgun and the sword.

Sword base is just a miserable yellow lift room mosh pit. Frag grenades rain down like I’ve never seen.

Boardwalk is a poorly done combination of slow movement speeds and map flow. I bet 90% of the combat occurs on the same 4 walkways.

I don’t mind Reflection, as I always loved Ivory Tower. Hated Zealot at first, but I now see that it has a lot of redeeming qualities for a competitive map. The stock Forgeworld maps aren’t half bad either, with the exception of Uncaged.

The real scourge of MM is the never-ending assault of half-baked community Forgeworld maps.

yep they are awful beyond reason.

They basically feel like the bad players of reach were the ones who made them. Swordbase really? Thats like the most awfully design map ever. Don’t even get me started on the other campaign ripped ones either. They all have failures in what a good multiplayer map should have. So many dead zones ont he maps that players don’t go to because there is not reason for them to go there which is terrible map flow.

In halo 3 there isn’t a single map I hate. I played halo 3 just a few days ago and still every map played on everyone was using the entire map to gain map control or find an edge to win. When only 1 small section of a map is being used to fight like on swordbase you know it’s a terrible design.

I hope halo 4’s maps bring us back to good map control, flow, and movement. They all look like maps made for multiplayer so we can only hope …

> Are just plain awful?
>
> I just can’t get over the fact of how crowded most of them are. Very difficult to dodge projectiles and grenades when I’m running into the wall right next to me. Some maps that run through my mind are Sword Base, Countdown, Reflection, and Zealot.
>
> Sure half of the maps are really compact, but the other half are WAY too big with absolutely no cover. <mark>I’m talking about Hemorrhage</mark> and Boardwalk as examples. Half of the time I play on these maps I spend a good chunk of time running around to find decent cover.
>
> Hopefully there will be decent sized maps in H4. And more of them too. There were a total of nine in Reach. Two of them being for invasion strictly. Halo 2 had 12, and Halo 3 had 11. Not to mention, I hardly play any of the maps I bought for Reach. Stupid default maps…

Hemorrage was based off of Blood Gulch from Halo:CE and Coagulation in Halo 2, a remake of Blood Gulch, and they were probably the most popular maps in their games.

The only maps I liked were Spire and Boneyard, specifically for Invasion. That was my primary playlist in Reach.

> > Are just plain awful?
> >
> > I just can’t get over the fact of how crowded most of them are. Very difficult to dodge projectiles and grenades when I’m running into the wall right next to me. Some maps that run through my mind are Sword Base, Countdown, Reflection, and Zealot.
> >
> > Sure half of the maps are really compact, but the other half are WAY too big with absolutely no cover. <mark>I’m talking about Hemorrhage</mark> and Boardwalk as examples. Half of the time I play on these maps I spend a good chunk of time running around to find decent cover.
> >
> > Hopefully there will be decent sized maps in H4. And more of them too. There were a total of nine in Reach. Two of them being for invasion strictly. Halo 2 had 12, and Halo 3 had 11. Not to mention, I hardly play any of the maps I bought for Reach. Stupid default maps…
>
> Hemorrage was based off of Blood Gulch from Halo:CE and Coagulation in Halo 2, a remake of Blood Gulch, and they were probably the most popular maps in their games.

I see your point, but you must remember that this is a new generation of Halo. There are armor abilities, more vehicles, and different weapons. Trying to escape all of this in the wide open on Reach is much different from H:CE and H2. H2 days on Coagulation were much different than Reach imo.

It’s the soul reason I hate this game.

I spent money on maps and for what? -Yoink- all.

This game would have been great if the DLC was actually used, the maps that came with it were -Yoink-.

Boardwalk is officially the worst map on a FPS game EVER, fullstop, it’s just terrible, and i now always just back out if it gets selected, i hate it so much, i actually loathe and despise it, if it were a covey enemy i’d kill it, pick it up, kill it again, and keep killing it until it was so dead it couldn’t be killed anymore,

I HATE BOARDWALK

Yes they are all awefull. Only the DLC is good and now we can’t ever have a chance of playing it.

> You’re not the only one, believe me.

Definitely not the only one.

> > You’re not the only one, believe me.
>
> Definitely not the only one.

I’m sure there’s a song in there somewhere!!

Countdown and Reflection were in my opinion the only decent Slayer maps. Boardwalk? Don’t even get me started… Half the games ended because the timer went to 0. The most slow paced map and almost half the combat happened in the same damn area. The Forge World maps are begging to be broken. All people need to do is pick Jetpack and take off into the skies like a fairy with a Sniper/DMR/Rockets. Course, they are very easy targets but they ruined the general mechanic of the game. The maps might have played better had the armour abilities been implemented slightly differently.