Am I the only one who thanks people a lot?

On Waypoint, I’m so surprised at how something like “boltshot sucks. lol you suck 343” can get a dozen thanks but a contributing and worthwhile post may not get any thanks at all. Even if somebody agrees with the post, he/she may not thank the user for it.

Am I the only person who treats the Waypoint thank feature like a Facebook like button? If I see anyone make a good post or comment on Waypoint, I will thank the person for it. People on Waypoint seem to be hesitant about pressing the thank button for others, when it does no harm to them except add to a displayed number on their profile which not many people care about.

Gonna move this to General Discussion.

HA, no. I thank a lot. I used to have the most until I stopped coming for a while.

I think it can be overused for the wrong reasons, it seems sometimes people just thank someone to basically gang up against another members opinion.

Just my personal observation in some controversial threads.

> I think it can be overused for the wrong reasons, it seems sometimes people just thank someone to basically gang up against another members opinion.
>
> Just my personal observation in some controversial threads.

Totally agree, man. Honestly, so many people forget to respect others’ opinions on this forum, and that is just one reason why many people don’t like the Waypoint community.

> Gonna move this to General Discussion.

Darn, the first post of mine 343 replies to is because they need to move it to another forum section.

I’m sorry 343 Forum Team, I just posted in the Halo Waypoint forum section because I didn’t know my post belonged to “General Discussion” as I didn’t think it had anything to do with Xbox/Halo-related topics.

I don’t use it quite the same as a Like Button, but I do Thank people a lot. I usually Thank them if I agree with what they’re saying. Although, if it’s a really funny, I’ll thank them for that too. I do feel like people are too hesitant now. Maybe it’s because you can’t see how many Thanks you have without looking at your profile.

I’ve Thanked 985 times. I think that’s a lot compared to most people.

> > Gonna move this to General Discussion.
>
> Darn, the first post of mine 343 replies to is because they need to move it to another forum section.
>
> I’m sorry 343 Forum Team, I just posted in the Halo Waypoint forum section because I didn’t know my post belonged to “General Discussion” as I didn’t think it had anything to do with Xbox/Halo-related topics.

LOL, dont forget to thank them!

> > > Gonna move this to General Discussion.
> >
> > Darn, the first post of mine 343 replies to is because they need to move it to another forum section.
> >
> > I’m sorry 343 Forum Team, I just posted in the Halo Waypoint forum section because I didn’t know my post belonged to “General Discussion” as I didn’t think it had anything to do with Xbox/Halo-related topics.
>
> LOL, dont forget to thank them!

Never Forget.