Am I the only one who likes these changes described in Gameinformer?

I know I’m about to get flamed pretty hard, and no, I am not trolling for those of you who may try to say so.

After reading the information that was released, I’m feeling quite excited for Halo 4. Why? Because it’s changing, it’s evolving into something great. Think about it, what were the main complaints about Halo Reach. Bloom, armour lock and slow gameplay. Three things which we know are gone from Halo 4. And yet people still find a way to complain about it.

Oh, you get to start with the precision weapon of your choice? How terrible is that, making people happy and letting them choose what they want. I mean, it’s not like we ever got the option to choose between the DMR and Needle Rifle when playing Slayer Pro in Halo Reach, did we? Oh wait, we did. Not to mention that unlocking more weapon options is a new incentive for people to keep playing, since you all went and complained about buying armour not being good enough. Having a new spin on things will be fun. I know that I always loved unlocking new weapons and perks in Call of Duty games, and seeing this in Halo makes me happy.

Firefight is gone and replaced with something much more dynamic and interesting? How terrible is that, who would want a more complete experience anyway? I mean, we obviously can’t go back and play ODSTs Firefight if we prefer that. Oh wait, once again, we CAN. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always saw much more potential in Firefight than just some horde mode style gamemode that it always was, and kudos to 343 Industries for bringing out the full potential of it.

Sure, some of these things are similar to Call of Duty. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No, no it isn’t. First off, the way the player moves and shoots will still be very “Halo”, and not be the whole aiming down the sights and die in two seconds gameplay we have in CoD. In plus, CoD games are the most popular games right now. Taking things that work in those games and putting them into a great franchise like Halo could only attract more people. Now I get it, the 100 or so of you that come on this forum want the same old classic experience. But look, you’re definitely not the majority voice. If Call of Duty was so terrible though, would it be #1? No, it would not.

Now I know a lot of you will disagree with me, and that’s fine, since you’re all entitled to your own opinions about the game. And before you ask, yes, I love Reach. Yes, I have been playing Halo since it came out back in 2001 with the good old Halo 1. I just think that a lot of people on here are too closed minded about the fate of the Halo franchise.

tl;dr ; too bad, go read it all.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yes, you are the only one. You are also the cancer that is infecting Halo.

Good day.

The Elites look amazing

> I know I’m about to get flamed pretty hard, and no, I am not trolling for those of you who may try to say so.
>
> After reading the information that was released, I’m feeling quite excited for Halo 4. Why? Because it’s changing, it’s evolving into something great. Think about it, what were the main complaints about Halo Reach. Bloom, armour lock and slow gameplay. Three things which we know are gone from Halo 4. And yet people still find a way to complain about it.
>
> Oh, you get to start with the precision weapon of your choice? How terrible is that, making people happy and letting them choose what they want. I mean, it’s not like we ever got the option to choose between the DMR and Needle Rifle when playing Slayer Pro in Halo Reach, did we? Oh wait, we did. Not to mention that unlocking more weapon options is a new incentive for people to keep playing, since you all went and complained about buying armour not being good enough. Having a new spin on things will be fun. I know that I always loved unlocking new weapons and perks in Call of Duty games, and seeing this in Halo makes me happy.
>
> Firefight is gone and replaced with something much more dynamic and interesting? How terrible is that, who would want a more complete experience anyway? I mean, we obviously can’t go back and play ODSTs Firefight if we prefer that. Oh wait, once again, we CAN. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always saw much more potential in Firefight than just some horde mode style gamemode that it always was, and kudos to 343 Industries for bringing out the full potential of it.
>
> Sure, some of these things are similar to Call of Duty. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No, no it isn’t. First off, the way the player moves and shoots will still be very “Halo”, and not be the whole aiming down the sights and die in two seconds gameplay we have in CoD. In plus, CoD games are the most popular games right now. Taking things that work in those games and putting them into a great franchise like Halo could only attract more people. Now I get it, the 100 or so of you that come on this forum want the same old classic experience. But look, you’re definitely not the majority voice. If Call of Duty was so terrible though, would it be #1? No, it would not.
>
> Now I know a lot of you will disagree with me, and that’s fine, since you’re all entitled to your own opinions about the game. And before you ask, yes, I love Reach. Yes, I have been playing Halo since it came out back in 2001 with the good old Halo 1. I just think that a lot of people on here are too closed minded about the fate of the Halo franchise.
>
> tl;dr ; too bad, go read it all.

They never said “No firefight”, they simply said “There will not be a dedicated firefight mode” (…or something along the lines of that). I don’t mind the AA’s or the forerunner vision.

> The Elites look amazing

I agree, that’s something I forgot to mention in my post. The Elites look very different, menacing, yet are still recognizable as being Elites. Not only that, but they look at lot more alien this time around and much more fascinating to look at. I’m very happy with the new art style that 343 Industries is taking with Halo 4.

Yes. Now -Yoink-.

> > I know I’m about to get flamed pretty hard, and no, I am not trolling for those of you who may try to say so.
> >
> > After reading the information that was released, I’m feeling quite excited for Halo 4. Why? Because it’s changing, it’s evolving into something great. Think about it, what were the main complaints about Halo Reach. Bloom, armour lock and slow gameplay. Three things which we know are gone from Halo 4. And yet people still find a way to complain about it.
> >
> > Oh, you get to start with the precision weapon of your choice? How terrible is that, making people happy and letting them choose what they want. I mean, it’s not like we ever got the option to choose between the DMR and Needle Rifle when playing Slayer Pro in Halo Reach, did we? Oh wait, we did. Not to mention that unlocking more weapon options is a new incentive for people to keep playing, since you all went and complained about buying armour not being good enough. Having a new spin on things will be fun. I know that I always loved unlocking new weapons and perks in Call of Duty games, and seeing this in Halo makes me happy.
> >
> > Firefight is gone and replaced with something much more dynamic and interesting? How terrible is that, who would want a more complete experience anyway? I mean, we obviously can’t go back and play ODSTs Firefight if we prefer that. Oh wait, once again, we CAN. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I always saw much more potential in Firefight than just some horde mode style gamemode that it always was, and kudos to 343 Industries for bringing out the full potential of it.
> >
> > Sure, some of these things are similar to Call of Duty. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No, no it isn’t. First off, the way the player moves and shoots will still be very “Halo”, and not be the whole aiming down the sights and die in two seconds gameplay we have in CoD. In plus, CoD games are the most popular games right now. Taking things that work in those games and putting them into a great franchise like Halo could only attract more people. Now I get it, the 100 or so of you that come on this forum want the same old classic experience. But look, you’re definitely not the majority voice. If Call of Duty was so terrible though, would it be #1? No, it would not.
> >
> > Now I know a lot of you will disagree with me, and that’s fine, since you’re all entitled to your own opinions about the game. And before you ask, yes, I love Reach. Yes, I have been playing Halo since it came out back in 2001 with the good old Halo 1. I just think that a lot of people on here are too closed minded about the fate of the Halo franchise.
> >
> > tl;dr ; too bad, go read it all.
>
> They never said “No firefight”, they simply said “There will not be a dedicated firefight mode” (…or something along the lines of that). I don’t mind the AA’s or the forerunner vision.

I expect Firefight to be implemented into the whole Spartan Ops mode, which sounds like it will be a mix of Firefight and objective-based missions. Of course, there may be some Spartan Ops missions that are purely about fighting waves of enemies, but I’m glad to see that there’s going to me more than just that this time around.

I like how you didnt talk about random weapon spawns, instant respawn, and joining mid game…

I am sorry but the lack of interest in Reach should be enough to explain why we don’t want to stray from what we view as classic Halo.

I like them.

I have yet to actually read it, but I can go either way. I don’t mind removal of Firefight, as long as its replacement is still fun, nor do I mind the ability to choose your precision weapon. I’m willing to bet that it’ll be personal preference over one-is-better-than-the-other. X-Ray vision sounds pretty cool, actually.

But I really don’t like random weapon drops, instant spawn. I doubt it will -destroy- the game, but it will feel different, in some ways better, in some ways worse. New dev, new game style.

Dat -Yoink-.

i mean dat wall.

And no OP, you’re not the only one and you are not special despite what your parents have told you.

There, just being a nice, random forum user. :slight_smile:

I wish I could dislike your post.

I freaking love most of this new Info But i also Understand that Alot of this has not true Context in which i can fully base an opinion on unlike other people LOL

We have seen only 5 pages of a 14 page spread and one heard about a portion of it and people are way over reacting even if there not I LIKE what i see and im excited to play HALO ether way lol

Although I doubt this is real, I think that if it is, I’m totally fine with it. Sure, it may not live up to the standards of Halo, but it looks fresh, new, and exciting. I can’t belive so many assumptions can be based upon 20 seconds of gameplay and a few pages of unconfirmed, possibly fake information.

I’m here mostly for Campaign, anyway. Multiplayer is lasting appeal, but there are many other great MP games I can enjoy.

I also liked Reach.
[/flamesuit]

All it is a dumbed down Reach with a modified firefight.

> I freaking love most of this new Info But i also Understand that Alot of this has not true Context in which i can fully base an opinion on unlike other people LOL
>
> We have seen only 5 pages of a 14 page spread and one heard about a portion of it and people are way over reacting even if there not I LIKE what i see and im excited to play HALO ether way lol

The only way the article could redeem itself is if it says “All of this will only be in one playlist”

Most of the people against the new additions sound like crying ten-year-olds that are afraid of change. Just quit being so closed-minded, and don’t judge the game after reading barely any info about it. Info that isn’t even necessarily true. Embrace the new changes, and don’t be so pessimistic. Everybody in this forum really just needs to grow up.

> I freaking love most of this new Info But i also Understand that Alot of this has not true Context in which i can fully base an opinion on unlike other people LOL
>
> We have seen only 5 pages of a 14 page spread and one heard about a portion of it and people are way over reacting even if there not I LIKE what i see and im excited to play HALO ether way lol

Have you seen the scans? Some images alone took an entire page.

> I like how you didnt talk about random weapon spawns, instant respawn, and joining mid game…
>
>
>
> I am sorry but the lack of interest in Reach should be enough to explain why we don’t want to stray from what we view as classic Halo.

Ok, let me go on about those as well.

Random weapon spawns means no more people camping for power weapons the whole game. Is that a bad thing? No, it isn’t. Sure, it may not be what we’re used to, but nobody should be quick to bash it without actually trying it first. In plus, I’m pretty sure there will be some playlists without random weapon spawns too for those who want a more classic experience.

Instant respawn means we can get back into the action quicker. Sure, that means no more extermination medal, who but who cares? Are you really complaining that you don’t have to wait three seconds to get back into the game anymore? It seems rather silly that somebody would dislike getting to spend more time playing rather than waiting.

And joining in the middle of a game was something I was always rather neutral about. It’ll be great to be able to have games where you’re not playing against 1v4 anymore, which is something that many people hated. Sure, you’ll join in games while they’re almost over, but it also seems like it’ll be an option, not a necessity. In plus, it also means no more quit bans or quit penalties. How is that bad?

> In plus, it also means no more quit bans or quit penalties. How is that bad?

It will give more people incentive to ragequit. Even if they can be replaced, its annoying- I actually hope they keep temp. bans.