Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Like BTB?

Everywhere I look, all I see is praise for BTB in infinite. I don’t really know why, maybe it’s just me but I cannot get into it. Which is weird, because I love the 4v4 arena and I’m usually more into the social/high player count game modes. BTB in this game just seems so bleh. It’s either too slow or too chaotic, I haven’t been able to use any of the vehicles from the pelican drops, and the vehicles are extremely weak anyway. Plus heavy vehicles barely spawn in as it is. Total control also isn’t my cup of tea - which again is weird because I like strongholds in arena. And on top of everything else, there’s no Jeff Steitzer to announce literally anything. Maybe it’s just the map, but everyone is praising that too. Idk, I’ll have to wait for the full release I guess, but this just isn’t doing it for me. I honestly have more fun in Halo 5 Warzone.

Like you said, it’s probably just personal preference and not your cup of tea. You’re certainly not the only person who dislikes the BTB in Infinite though. Everyone has their own expectations for what the game should play/look/feel/sound like. I personally feel it’s the most fun i’ve had gaming in a long time.
I hope as we get access to more maps later on and post launch, you start to have fun though! I’m sorry it hasn’t been enjoyable for you bro

I agree with “It’s either too slow or too chaotic”.
I think that is do mostly to the players you play with, most of my matches are really uninteresting, but my last match of strongholds was super intense and engaging.
And yes the vehicle play is lacking (I made a post about this).

> 2533274882898126;2:
> Like you said, it’s probably just personal preference and not your cup of tea. You’re certainly not the only person who dislikes the BTB in Infinite though. Everyone has their own expectations for what the game should play/look/feel/sound like. I personally feel it’s the most fun i’ve had gaming in a long time.
> I hope as we get access to more maps later on and post launch, you start to have fun though! I’m sorry it hasn’t been enjoyable for you bro

I can’t be too upset, like you said the game isn’t tailored specifically for me. Im glad most people are happy with it though! Besides I always have arena to fall back on.

Anyone think the loot caves are pretty much pointless?

With power weapons all over the map, seems a waste of time, especially when you get a Hammer. Not all that much use in BTB.

I guess camo can be useful.

I have literally never played BTB one time in my life before this flight. That’s coming from a pretty die hard fan since the very first game. I was young, competitive and only ever touched the MLG-centric modes to try to prove that I’m better than everyone else. Now, I’m 30 years old, a little more relaxed on the competitive side of things and just want to have fun and not worry. I still get upset when I play horribly, however, I’m just having so much fun most of the time that I’m not all the worried about it. I’ll complain when my team doesn’t play objectives and whatnot, but aside from that it’s been all good fun.

An example I have of this non-competitive fun side of me that I found recently, I spawned in at our base in BTB, grabbed a gun and launched off the man cannon towards the center of the map. As I flew through the air, the pelican that delivers the ghost flew in to deliver it and splattered me out of the air. Perfect timing. I laughed literally out loud. In the past, a completely uncontrollable death would have pissed me off so bad but this just made me physically laugh out loud.

Maybe you will end up liking it some day, maybe not. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I do think it’s extremely fun if you can avoid taking it too seriously.

> 2535466533436400;1:
> Everywhere I look, all I see is praise for BTB in infinite. I don’t really know why, maybe it’s just me but I cannot get into. Which is weird, because I love the 4v4 arena and I’m usually more into the social/high player count game modes. BTB in this game just seems so bleh. It’s either too slow or too chaotic, I haven’t been able to use any of the vehicles from the pelican drops, and the vehicles are extremely weak anyway. Plus heavy vehicles barely spawn in as it is. Total control also isn’t my cup of tea - which again is weird because I like strongholds in arena. And on top of everything else, there’s no Jeff Steitzer to announce literally anything. Maybe it’s just the map, but everyone is praising that too. Idk, I’ll have to wait for the full release I guess, but this just isn’t doing it for me. I honestly have more fun in Halo 5 Warzone.

I really don’t like BTB in this game.
The vehicle spawning is part of the problem for me.
I’ve played over 10 games of BTB and still haven’t even seen a scorpion. I’ve seen 1 wasp and 1 banshee. BTB just feels like 4v4 arena but with large maps. Where are all the vehicles?!
The pelican drops should be complimentary to base spawns not the only way the heavy vehicles spawn.
The only time I hear Jeff is if I get a multi kill. No more flag dropped, no more gained the lead, no more anything else. Apart from the personal AI which annoys the hell out of me.

I’m liking it okay, but that’s about it. Of all the games I’ve played so far, literally only two (outside slayer) have actually ended with the objective being completed. And the vehicles are very weak, with the exception of the ghost which is super OP. Domination also I think needs to add a timer after you’ve captured all the zones or something, because it’s super easy for one team to just rush all three points when they spawn and instantly capture them all because your team is still making their way across the map or something.