Am I the only one that thinks that the grenades.. (not an OP thread)

Okay I’ve been going through weapons… figuring out how to use them effectively… just practicing really. I noticed in my last game that I wasn’t having very good placement with my frags… so I went into forge to practice… and even with infinite grenades… using incremental adjustments I can’t hit anything within 3-8 feet of me because the frags will bounce ridiculously far… so I either have to throw them directly at my feet (okay yeah, I’m gonna look down at my feet and chuck a grenade in anticipation of the guy coming around the corner and hope I can get my bounds again and expect to aim right at him as he comes around the corner without missing :/) or hope there’s a ceiling (same problem as the floor…) or wall I can bounce them off of… can we maybe tone down the bounciness in Halo 4… or maybe the TU could fix this? I don’t know… thanks:)

I have had similar thoughts. I love the Reach Grenade for bank shots, but for the guy right in front of me not so much. My grenades bounce right by him half the time.

whats really annoying are those people that DO throw those nades right in front of them and they magically stop right where you are standing. I use to be so good at fragging but Halo: Reach’s nades are just way to bouncy and powerful.

> I have had similar thoughts. I love the Reach Grenade for bank shots, but for the guy right in front of me not so much. My grenades bounce right by him half the time.

Yep… I haven’t found a way (even through jumping… crouching… ect.) to hit anyone right in front of me… I can bounce it off of them (if they keep running the same direction and you back away from the grenade it works pretty well) but if I’m gonna do that why not just give me stickies?

> whats really annoying are those people that DO throw those nades right in front of them and they magically stop right where you are standing. I use to be so good at fragging but Halo: Reach’s nades are just way to bouncy and powerful.

Haha I know right… that’s what made me think… hey maybe I’m doing it wrong… and so I went into forge… an hour later I was like… okay… yeah this isn’t happening… a total of 13 kills on my guest… and most of them were caused either by stickies or me just going >:D and seeing how many nades to the face it took to kill him… if it did more damage it I hit him in the head… ha still not sure… idk… but still… ridiculous

> I have had similar thoughts. I love the Reach Grenade for bank shots, but for the guy right in front of me not so much. My grenades bounce right by him half the time.

If a guy is right in front of you grenades are not the answer. Bullets and/or melee are.

Sticky then armour lock… come on this is Reach :wink:

> > I have had similar thoughts. I love the Reach Grenade for bank shots, but for the guy right in front of me not so much. My grenades bounce right by him half the time.
>
> If a guy is right in front of you grenades are not the answer. Bullets and/or melee are.

Indeed. I’m tired of people throwing all their grenades at me when I’m in a gunfight. You should try getting better at SHOOTING the enemy, not at 'nading them. That’s why this game is a SHOOTER.

> > > I have had similar thoughts. I love the Reach Grenade for bank shots, but for the guy right in front of me not so much. My grenades bounce right by him half the time.
> >
> > If a guy is right in front of you grenades are not the answer. Bullets and/or melee are.
>
> Indeed. I’m tired of people throwing all their grenades at me when I’m in a gunfight. You should try getting better at SHOOTING the enemy, not at 'nading them. That’s why this game is a SHOOTER.

But I thought Halo was a melee-fest surrounded by a firefight contained inside a fragsfest At least that’s what it so beautifully looks like. At least Reach’s double-melee does indeed have a skillful counter, shoot the head.