Am I the Only one That Noticed This?

This forum is extremely backward! Four people, give or take, complain about Halo 4 every day, and then the whole forum gets filled with:

“Stop complaining!”

“The game wasn’t made for you!”

“I’m Tired of Complainers!”

“This is why our forum sucks!”

“Such negativity!”

Do you not realize that you people are destroying this forum? You people are emphasizing on how much SO MANY people complain all the time, when I see less than 5 or 6 posts complaining a day, and I visit this forum regularly!

Thoughts?

This forum melts some of my brain cells sometimes, yes. They can’t take a leap of faith and just give 343 a chance.

> This forum is extremely backward! Four people, give or take, complain about Halo 4 every day, and then the whole forum gets filled with:
>
> “Stop complaining!”
>
> “The game wasn’t made for you!”
>
> “I’m Tired of Complainers!”
>
> “This is why our forum sucks!”
>
> “Such negativity!”
>
> Do you not realize that you people are destroying this forum? You people are emphasizing on how much SO MANY people complain all the time, when I see less than 5 or 6 posts complaining a day, and I visit this forum regularly!
>
> Thoughts?

I counted way more. The forum has calmed down a bit since Friday, but there’s still a lot of complainers.

It’s definitely subsided significantly, but there’s still the odd “Halo is CoD” thread.

Yes, I’m not saying that people don’t complain. But aren’t you paying attention to the fact that out of every person that complains, 2-3 people make a new thread about how angry they are with people who complain? They try to douse the flames of the house, but use way too much foam!

I say, let them complain if they want. It’s a forum for discussion, and you have to understand that some people will be pissed after waiting 5 years for a game they thought was going to be completely different. How about instead of moaning, insulting, and crying about people who complain, you just advise them to calm down and discuss rather and bicker?

Also, if you wanted to know, I don’t like most of the factors that were mentioned in the article, and yes, I have addressed them, but not angrily.

People complain because they don’t like something. The game is not yet set in stone, so the time to complain is now. They probably try find the most noticeable and most hated changes and fix them if they feel it works.

If you don’t want to complaining go to another forum and relax.

Complaints (can be) good. If they are written in a way like “This sucks because _____, and would be better if it were like ______; or at least with an option to do ________”. So long as the blanks are not “COD”, “Halo”, “never innovate”.

As far as the “You need to trust 343” things go…I don’t feel like that’s true. Personally, I think they’ve got a decent shot at making a good game. But they are pretty new and don’t have anywhere near a track record that a studio needs to have that kind of trust. They’re mostly an unknown, and that can be scary especially when most of our news comes from articles written by people outside the studio who seem to (accidentally) mis-represent things, or write things which are then over-zealously interpreted/extrapolated by fans eager for any sort of news.

Just looked on the front page, six complaint threads directed at the new changes alone, not counting the ridiculous number of complaint threads I saw this morning.

This thread is a waste of space, just like the other ones.

There’s definitely a lot of infighting, but sometimes that can be a good thing, it’s an indicator of the diversity of our community at least.

LMAO. Trust me, you are not the only one who noticed it. I just treat messages like those as spam and ignore them. Just read what you think may actually have something intelligent to say. Sometimes i stroll into threads that look like that just for a quick laugh

100% irony.

I don’t think I’m making myself clear. I know why people are complaining about how the game is turning out. I support it 100% if it’s done in a good manner. I agree with the complaining threads. I don’t like how the game is turning out.

BUT, that isn’t what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the threads made when people complain, saying stop complaining. There are 2/3 threads made for every complainer threads telling people to stop complaining. I’m saying that it’s extremely ironic, and that no one notices it!

> I counted way more. The forum has calmed down a bit since Friday, but there’s still a lot of complainers.

The only reason things have calmed down is because:
-It’s almost been a week. (7 days lol)
-Weekly Bulletin info
-Downloadable Halo 4 track
-Making Halo 4: Composing Worlds

Basically distracting the angry mob, with a bunch of good stuff.
Until the next release of Halo 4 core info…

the stop complaining threads are becoming as predictable and non original as the complaining threads.

I literally do not even have to look at the description to know what they are talking about.

literally if you see a thread titled “stop complaining” the description is probably something about how they have not played the game yet and stop judging.

just like when I see a post titled “halo 4 is becoming COD” the description is probably complaints about perks and armor abilities and how the game is unbalanced and blah blah -Yoinking!- blah

sorry I am glad people are trying to turn a positive turn but calling out the complainers does not fix anything
but I am guilty of hopping on the “stop complaining” bandwagon.

Maybe this should be put in the Waypoint section?

Anyway, the community isn’t bad, if you look at all the posters that have more than 500 posts usually they have a keen eye on when people are being over zealous with hate for Halo 4 and they tend to just ignore the thread in it’s entirety and I reckon that is something we should all do.

It’d be tough to stay on top of all this. There’s the complaints, then the stop-complaints, and then the complaints about saying stop-the-complaints. If I want to get out ahead of this for a bit, I think I’ll set up an anti- stop-complaining-about-the-complaints-of-people-saying-stop-complaining-to-the-original-complainers -camp. Though we’ll probably be there by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll try to have a few S’mores ready.

> It’d be tough to stay on top of all this. There’s the complaints, then the stop-complaints, and then the complaints about saying stop-the-complaints. If I want to get out ahead of this for a bit, I think I’ll set up an anti- stop-complaining-about-the-complaints-of-people-saying-stop-complaining-to-the-original-complainers -camp. Though we’ll probably be there by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll try to have a few S’mores ready.

This is what I mean! It’s so ironic that there are more of those than the original complainers!

You do realize that you are complaining about people who complain about complainers. That is kind of hypocritical don’t you think. :slight_smile:

Oh look, a thread complaining about people complaining about people complaining.