am I the only one that likes BR and AR starts?

I’m always switching weapons around and having fun either way. I just don’t see what the big deal is over the starting weapon in the beta. :confused:

AR starts favored pick up weapons.

BR starts favored starting weapon.

Debate is about if this is good or not.

So far, those against BR start gametype is against how campy the game gets, with players hanging out near corners to thrust out the way when things go bad. The lack of weapon variety also bores them.

The other is telling them their opinion doesn’t count because a digital number is not above a certain standard, and thus they don’t know what they are talking about. Some even go as far as using the MCC’s K/D ratio as an indicator of skill.

I don’t mind either tbh. I like using ar starts when I’m in the mood to completely dominate the other team and Br starts when my friends are on and we can play more super cereal.

It just changes the way the game is played.

AR starts felt more action oriented
BR starts are more camping and possibly even more ganggbanging

I enjoy both starts but I cant stand BR starts if its not in moderation.

I support precision starts. No spawning with just a situational automatic, history should tell you why this is a bad idea.

However, I don’t necessarily support the current BR starts.

Would’ve loved to have been around for the first week, just to see how decent the Magnum is of a spawn weapon.

> 2533274803546893;2:
> AR starts favored pick up weapons.
>
> BR starts favored starting weapon.
>
> Debate is about if this is good or not.
>
> So far, those against BR start gametype is against how campy the game gets, with players hanging out near corners to thrust out the way when things go bad. The lack of weapon variety also bores them.
>
> The other is telling them their opinion doesn’t count because a digital number is not above a certain standard, and thus they don’t know what they are talking about. Some even go as far as using the MCC’s K/D ratio as an indicator of skill.

and you were so close, but missed a vital organ in the argument… i shall help, it was their compatibility with the map designs

AR starts and BR starts not only favor pick ups/starting weapons, but also map designs. eden and truth i feel would play better as BR starts than ARs due to their openness, but regret and empire would suit better AR starts due to their closeness. because while eden and truth are largely open there are areas that support close range fights so on map AR/SMG pick ups will get used to counter pushers, or to push. while empire and regret are fairly close ranged, but have some areas with good sight lines where having picked up a precision weapon would prove advantageous. also on regret if it was ar starts, swap the AR in bottom of each base to a BR and the light rifles to a more close/mid range based tier 2 weapon, needlers or carbines for example though we don’t know if covy weapons will be in h5 or how they will play, but i can imagine the carbine being 6 or 7 shots to kill with high fire rate and maybe a little recoil (although personally i want to see the return of the needle rifle as a mid/close rifle, give it a good fire rate so you can get the super combine/headshot off against a br at close range, but make it so you have to lead shots at mid/long range? but now im getting into a diifferent topic…

so yea, br and ar starts are good, because they promote different play styles/ skill sets (however you want to look at it) and require different map designs.

It’s much easier to flank a bunch campers now. Every time the match on Regret starts I pick up that AR and take out a few of the players rushing the Hydra with BRs.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> I support precision starts. No spawning with just a situational automatic, history should tell you why this is a bad idea.
>
> However, I don’t necessarily support the current BR starts.
>
> Would’ve loved to have been around for the first week, just to see how decent the Magnum is of a spawn weapon.

Magnum > BR. If you can hit that is.

Everytime I am getting no shield and someone is chasing me, switch to the pistol and hope for a lucky kill.

I enjoy both Automatic and BR starts, but when matching up against a good team I’d prefer BR starts.