Am I the only guy who doesn't like Locke?

To be fair, the guy has some massive shoes to fill as a playable character, but for me personally, I just cannot seem to care* about him nearly as much as any previous secondary characters throughout the Halo franchise. What I would have really preferred is that instead of playing Locke / Chief, we got to play Buck / Chief. I wouldn’t even mind all that much if Buck and Locke just swapped positions just on the basis of Nathan Fillion being a badass haha. Sooo is that a terrible idea or no???

> 2533274792102432;1:
> To be fair, the guy has some massive shoes to fill as a playable character, but for me personally, I just cannot seem to care* about him nearly as much as any previous secondary characters throughout the Halo franchise. What I would have really preferred is that instead of playing Locke / Chief, we got to play Buck / Chief. I wouldn’t even mind all that much if Buck and Locke just swapped positions just on the basis of Nathan Fillion being a badass haha. Sooo is that a terrible idea or no???

Well its way too late for anything to change now, people are already playing and beating the game. So maybe Locke will grow on us, or he’ll just stay meh as he is right now. I’ll admit he looks cool, but I don’t have a reason to like him or hate him yet.

I like his armor. I think it’d look cooler if it were black and white.

I’ll have to wait to make an official decision but I’m leaning towards not liking him since he’s hunting chief. lol

If you watch Nightfall he seems like a decent guy who cares about his team. Whether he hunts chief or not, I just understand that he is just a soldier with a job to do and ultimately just from playing Halo and watching all the commercials you know that there is clearly something thats going to happen that takes you beyond Chief just acting like he’s doing crazy stuff and Lovke getting sent to deal with it.

I can see both sides here-while Locke may be more appropriate in the minds of 343, Buck also was a Helljumper, a nice nod to the rivalry between them and the Spartans. While Locke is a no-nonsense guy, Buck is one who is open but locks himself into battle mode when he needs to. Locke may seem more familiar in style due to being team lead, but Buck was one as well…personally, it would be interesting to see the Buck/Chief dynamic-Nathan Fillion was an interesting actor to me, and is more relatable than Locke as a person.
If anything, it is down to personal preference.
-j

He really doesn’t have enough character development for me to truly feel either way about him yet. He seemed like a decent guy in Nightfall though.

True, true…at least he meant well. shrugs

tbh I like his teammates more than I like him. But I’m sure that’ll change once we get to see him more in H5.

> 2533274912254619;9:
> tbh I like his teammates more than I like him. But I’m sure that’ll change once we get to see him more in H5.

Sadly, you are probably right. It seems that Buck and Locke will be the big personalities on the team, but Locke has yet to be fleshed out…hopefully they do Locke justice instead of using him as the replacement “blank canvas” Chief Was.

There is like over a thousand threads about people hating Locke lol.

When I watched Halo nightfall I thought Locke was just a regular soldier and to find out he was a Spartan was a surprise to me.he does not act or even look like a Spartan super soldier.
I don’t know he might grow on me but I doubt he will stand a chance against the Chief for what I seen in nightfall.

So far, he’s a pretty “mehhh” character to me.

Then again, we’re missing some key scenes from Halo 5: Guardians, so my impression could change.

> 2533274820430915;7:
> He really doesn’t have enough character development for me to truly feel either way about him yet. He seemed like a decent guy in Nightfall though.

This.

> 2535456533691021;14:
> > 2533274820430915;7:
> > He really doesn’t have enough character development for me to truly feel either way about him yet. He seemed like a decent guy in Nightfall though.
>
>
> This.

+1

Tanaka also needs some more development, we’ve had her backstory in serious brief, nowhere near the depth of Vale or indeed Buck and both of them are also drops in the ocean compared to the stories of the legendary Blue Team.

what’s not to love about him? >:)

Its more of a Love hate relationship with locke

> 2533275031604266;12:
> When I watched Halo nightfall I thought Locke was just a regular soldier and to find out he was a Spartan was a surprise to me.he does not act or even look like a Spartan super soldier.
> I don’t know he might grow on me but I doubt he will stand a chance against the Chief for what I seen in nightfall.

He wasn’t a spartan during Nightfall

> 2533274792102432;1:
> To be fair, the guy has some massive shoes to fill as a playable character, but for me personally, I just cannot seem to care* about him nearly as much as any previous secondary characters throughout the Halo franchise. What I would have really preferred is that instead of playing Locke / Chief, we got to play Buck / Chief. I wouldn’t even mind all that much if Buck and Locke just swapped positions just on the basis of Nathan Fillion being a badass haha. Sooo is that a terrible idea or no???

I wouldn’t doubt him yet, People have said this about lots of characters and they’ve grew on them

Personally I’m just not interested in Locke at all. I’ve been a Chief fan since Halo: CE. I don’t know, there just something lacking with Locke. I’ll just have to wait for the games release.