Am I the Minority

Here it goes…

-Halo:CE was ehh ok

-I loved Halo 2(relationships fell apart because they didn’t love it too)

-Halo 3 bored the life out of me… the online play wasn’t the same either… took me months of tortuous nagging by my brother to play this with him online

-Halo Reach… was ok, the online play was much better this time and I put much more time into Reach than Halo 3

-Halo 4… I loved it too, like even decided to run through the campaign on legendary(never really cared to do this before, thought, I’ll give it a shot) I couldn’t get enough Matchmaking in, it just never ended for me(till the wife said to turn it off)

-Halo:MCC- love it, love it, love it… its nostalgic to me, I witnessed all the bug and crashes, but didn’t care, it was still fun and exciting for me, still is, played today, will play it tonight…

I guess my point here is that I read threads about how much people hate the versions of Halo that I really enjoyed, and how I didn’t enjoy the versions that everyone is hoping was still in the spot light… almost every time I meet someone on here to play games with, they wanna play Halo 3… that’s kool and all but did Halo 3 become the set bar to if you’re a true Halo fan or not… if you don’t know that maps and/or totally slay the opposing team on Halo 3… you ain’t squat?

I know everyone is different, but I have never felt so isolated on a forum like I do these days

Also, I loved the Halo 5 beta(even though it glitched a lot), and I love the ideas of what “might be” when Halo 5 comes out… gonna get it, gonna play it… a lot(until the wife says turn it off)

There is a great range of differing views on these forums. I don’t think your perception of the games is too far off from what a lot of people think. H3 not being that great is an emerging opinion that many people are starting to express. I loved it and played the hell out of it, but there were elements to it that I did not like. I did not like leading my shots, I did not care for equipment, and I was (and am) still torn on whether the plasma pistol should be able to immobilize vehicles. Don’t be afraid to express your opinions here! As long as you clearly state they are your opinions, and not facts, you will be treated reasonably well here.

opinions as you stated yourself,

i played halo 3 on the mcc and i hated it! its just slow and clunky and awful for some reason, and i praised that game a lot before.

check out the universe section where you shouldn’t feel isolated at all!

I’m in the same boat. I have friends of mine that get all hyped about playing a match of Halo 3 yet I could really care less. Nostalgia is fun and all but only for a short amount of time. You can’t live in the past forever. So that’s why I enjoy new content like H2A or H5.

I’ve played every Halo since day one, and I’ve been championing Halo 4 since it became apparent that “the community” was beginning to hate it. Some days it makes me feel like a lone voice in the wilderness. But that’s the forums. If I actually load up the game in my xbox and go to my friend list then I find a whole bunch of really cool people who love the game as much as I do and who are a blast to play with. It’s a sadness to me that the population is so low only because it means that there are a lot of people who can’t see what I see when they look at the game, but that doesn’t stop me from getting matches in a timely manner and playing awesome customs with my buddies. Viva la Halo 4!

I feel like this a lot too. I saw all the hate on Halo 4 and I was thinking to myself what made it so bad? I loved it! It was fun and I loved the campaign. Multiplayer was really good and a lot of fun.

> 2533274795444115;1:
> Here it goes…
>
> -Halo:CE was ehh ok
>
> -I loved Halo 2(relationships fell apart because they didn’t love it too)
>
> -Halo 3 bored the life out of me… the online play wasn’t the same either… took me months of tortuous nagging by my brother to play this with him online
>
> -Halo Reach… was ok, the online play was much better this time and I put much more time into Reach than Halo 3
>
> -Halo 4… I loved it too, like even decided to run through the campaign on legendary(never really cared to do this before, thought, I’ll give it a shot) I couldn’t get enough Matchmaking in, it just never ended for me(till the wife said to turn it off)
>
> -Halo:MCC- love it, love it, love it… its nostalgic to me, I witnessed all the bug and crashes, but didn’t care, it was still fun and exciting for me, still is, played today, will play it tonight…
>
> I guess my point here is that I read threads about how much people hate the versions of Halo that I really enjoyed, and how I didn’t enjoy the versions that everyone is hoping was still in the spot light… almost every time I meet someone on here to play games with, they wanna play Halo 3… that’s kool and all but did Halo 3 become the set bar to if you’re a true Halo fan or not… if you don’t know that maps and/or totally slay the opposing team on Halo 3… you ain’t squat?
>
> I know everyone is different, but I have never felt so isolated on a forum like I do these days
>
> Also, I loved the Halo 5 beta(even though it glitched a lot), and I love the ideas of what “might be” when Halo 5 comes out… gonna get it, gonna play it… a lot(until the wife says turn it off)

I agree with you with the Halo 2 part :stuck_out_tongue: I love Halo 2 so much compared to the others

Your really not alone. Infact a large amount of population is like you. Just not many of them bother with the hate the forums here fester for we have better things to do like live a life or to busy enjoying halo. Only reason I’m on the forums cause work is slow and I have spare time

honestly, that all makes me feel a lot better… see you in Matchmaking

yes you are the minority lol

> 2533274957648335;10:
> yes you are the minority lol

thanks… THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE!!!

Yes you are. You can call me a purist I do not care one bit (I only touch halo 1-3 on the mcc) halo 4 I get no enjoyment from and does not feel like halo for a number of reasons…

1. Loadouts (all other halos had equal weapon spawns for balance reasons)
    2.sprint (breaks the core game pace)
  2. Too much bullet magnetism( way too easy to pick up and play like cod)
  3. Vehicles are worthless(do not even need explosives to kill a vehicle just a dmr or BR)
  4. Personal kill streaks(why are killstreaks even in halo with it in the game there’s no point in fighting over power weapons)
  5. No ranking system that’s serious just a grind to see who plays longer and not who is better(on 360)
  6. Grenade and weapon spawn indicators… Do I need to even say anything?

It is a weird collection of gamers. Some love and hate your views. There are people that complain they have changed Halo to much, but they are the same people that say CoD is just the same thing over and over. Halo 4 did change a lot of things and that will always ruffle feathers. I personally enjoyed halo 4, but miss Halo 2 and Reach.

I really liked CE, Love Halo 2, LOVE LOVE LOVE Halo 3, liked Reach and Halo 4 to an extent, hated Halo Wars.

> 2533274805386380;14:
> I really liked CE, Love Halo 2, LOVE LOVE LOVE Halo 3, liked Reach and Halo 4 to an extent, hated Halo Wars.

Halo Wars is a nice lady!!

No really, I love that game.

> 2533274969718805;6:
> I feel like this a lot too. I saw all the hate on Halo 4 and I was thinking to myself what made it so bad? I loved it! It was fun and I loved the campaign. Multiplayer was really good and a lot of fun.

Same here, I like the campaign and Multiplayer too. But the one thing I dislike is when the enemy shield is down they would sometime escape and their shield would recharge while running away.

I dunno I just like them all sow much

> 2533274795444115;11:
> > 2533274957648335;10:
> > yes you are the minority lol
>
>
> thanks… THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE!!!

not really alone but definitely a minority lol

> 2533274805386380;14:
> I really liked CE, Love Halo 2, LOVE LOVE LOVE Halo 3, liked Reach and Halo 4 to an extent, hated Halo Wars.

heresy why would you hate halo wars i loved it, wish there was a halo wars 2

> 2533274957648335;19:
> > 2533274805386380;14:
> > I really liked CE, Love Halo 2, LOVE LOVE LOVE Halo 3, liked Reach and Halo 4 to an extent, hated Halo Wars.
>
>
> heresy why would you hate halo wars i loved it, wish there was a halo wars 2

I’m gonna go with DEATHRIDESFAST on this too, Halo wars was great