Am I missing something?

So 343 said that Firefight was in fact not coming back in Halo 4, but rather this new thing called ‘Spartan OPs’. Okay, so recently we’ve seen footage and gameplay from Spartan OPs, but what’s different about it from Firefight? You’re roaming around killing aliens whom are coming at you in hordes on these finite maps, just as in Firefight, so… What the heck is the difference?

I mean, if I got a can of Coca-Cola and poured it into a box and called it Boxo-cola, it would still be Coke, just in a box.

It has a story line

> It has a story line

Okay, so I tape some fun facts about Coca-Cola to the side of my Boxo-Cola, but again, it’s still Coke.

What I’m saying is that essentially the ingredients have not changed, but rather just the name.

> > It has a story line
>
> Okay, so I tape some fun facts about Coca-Cola to the side of my Boxo-Cola, but again, it’s still Coke.
>
> What I’m saying is that essentially the ingredients have not changed, but rather just the name.

well if your gonna be like that about it then you could say the same about the campaign all the campaigns from halo games in fact, spartan ops is like a second campaign new missions and levels each week, there are objectives in the missions and its gonna have a story line and it will cross paths with the main campaign. there you go theres your big shiny magic boxo-cola

Because we’ve seen Spartan Ops in it’s full context…oh wait.

> > > It has a story line
> >
> > Okay, so I tape some fun facts about Coca-Cola to the side of my Boxo-Cola, but again, it’s still Coke.
> >
> > What I’m saying is that essentially the ingredients have not changed, but rather just the name.
>
> well if your gonna be like that about then you could say the same about the campaign all the campaign in fact, spartan ops is like a second campaign new missions and levels each week, there are objectives in the mission and its gonna have a story line and it will cross paths with the main campaign

well said

You do realise there are objective now AND its not a confined space. You actually have to get from Point A to Point B, just like in the campaign, while fighting off whatever enemeis happen to be there. Its for 4 players still. In my opinion, its better than firefight.

> > It has a story line
>
> Okay, so I tape some fun facts about Coca-Cola to the side of my Boxo-Cola, but again, it’s still Coke.
>
> What I’m saying is that essentially the ingredients have not changed, but rather just the name.

Yeah, even if you limit the affect of story to the extreme you did, what is the problem with Spartan Ops essentially being the same as FF?

It seems you were missing a lot of things, Op.

Here, have a Boxo-cola, on the house.

There’s more Spartan Ops than just just plant bomb and kill enemy. As others said, there is story. This like extra campaign missions sort of.