Am I late back to the party?

I now understand there is alot more people on reach then halo 4. But I feel returning to reach it’s just not payed attention to anymore. So am I a bit too late back to the the era of Reach? I like reach more due to it feeling like a halo. Unlike Halo 4 that now feels like it dropped the whole “Halo” Feel to it. So to rephrase is Reach still played repetitively?

There are less players in Halo: Reach’s matchmaking than there is in Halo 4’s, but it is still fairly populated. I usually hop on every week or so and find matches pretty fast in most playlists.

I hear there is more players in reach then 4.

> I hear there is more players in reach then 4.

The population counter makes it look that way, but the numbers are calculated differently.

Halo 4’s only counts people actively playing in Matchmaking at the time, while Halo: Reach counts everyone online in Matchmaking, Campaign, Custom Games, Forge, etc.

> I hear there is more players in reach then 4.

Numbers don’t lie, Halo 4 is indeed more populated.

> > I hear there is more players in reach then 4.
>
> The population counter makes it look that way, but the numbers are calculated differently.
>
> Halo 4’s only counts people actively playing in Matchmaking at the time, while Halo: Reach counts everyone online in Matchmaking, Campaign, Custom Games, Forge, etc.

I just went and added up the numbers and you seem to be correct. How unfortunate. The individual playlist numbers in Halo: Reach multiplayer don’t add up to the total number given on the playlist picture. So, some of these players are for Campaign or Customs - about half.

So really, Halo: Reach has about half of Halo 4’s number of players. Halo 4 has a more current, curated experience, but Halo: Reach is arguably the better game. What a shame.