Am I Just Bad at Halo: CE or Is It Broken?

Now, I know I’m not the greatest Halo player in the world but my skills in Halo: CE and in Halo 2-4, vastly differ. I consistently go positive at least 5 every Halo 2-4 match I play if it doesn’t lag. But yet everytime I play Halo:CE I find myself going negative, spawn killed, and its like my shots don’t even hit?

Has there been a patch directly fixing issues with Halo: CE yet? Or is Halo: CE just my achilles heel? Which would suck because its always what everyone votes for in Team Slayer.

Maybe play split screen with someone and if u suck, then it is your heel, because it played exact like PC version but with more frames

edit: Maybe its the 60 fps that’s messing with ur eyes and screwing up your hand eye coordination, I know some people that hurt at higher frame count after being used to lower ones…just a thought

The retical in Halo CE is slightly off. With the pistol and sniper your bullets shoot slightly above the retical. Also physics of Halo CE are far different than the other Halo games.
Edit: By that I mean slightly above the center of the retical.

Halo CE has the least amount of aim-assist in the series.

It’s because Halo: CE multiplayer is actually that bad. As soon as you spawn, you’re getting shot. Then you respawn, and almost immediately are getting shot again. Not to mention headshots don’t count most of the time if they even land. Pretty much everything in it is off. I just don’t even aim for the head anymore, and hope they die from a bunch of body shots and a grenade (which are all over the place anyway since the grenades can shoot other grenades all over the map).

It’s just drastically different than all the other games in the MCC. It’s not really that fun to play. Maybe once in a while, but I’m really not happy to see Halo CE more than Halo 4 in this game.

> 2533274804917672;1:
> Now, I know I’m not the greatest Halo player in the world but my skills in Halo: CE and in Halo 2-4, vastly differ. I consistently go positive at least 5 every Halo 2-4 match I play if it doesn’t lag. But yet everytime I play Halo:CE I find myself going negative, spawn killed, and its like my shots don’t even hit?
>
> Has there been a patch directly fixing issues with Halo: CE yet? Or is Halo: CE just my achilles heel? Which would suck because its always what everyone votes for in Team Slayer.

My guess is you just don’t quite understand halo 1 yet. I say this because I bought this game to play halo 1. I loved the first game and I always believed that I was better at the first one than the others. The game plays just as I remember it. You have to lead the target with the pistil, sometimes its hard to know if your bullets are landing but its just trial and error, you will get more confident with it as you play.

My K/D with halo 1 is like yours with the other game. I’m almost always going positive especially in match making and that’s because of my confidence with the pistil.

I love new gamers/Halo players. Automatically a game is broken if you’re bad at it. H2/H3/H4 holds your hand and gives you this fake feeling of a king for a day.

CE isn’t broken, its harder. It doesn’t hold your hand like the later Halos do. You actually have to learn the game. Welcome to Halo Combat Evolved, you aren’t good here…

Skill gap is massive in CE, if you’re average at 2/3 then you’ll be below average at CE.

> 2533274804917672;1:
> Now, I know I’m not the greatest Halo player in the world but my skills in Halo: CE and in Halo 2-4, vastly differ. I consistently go positive at least 5 every Halo 2-4 match I play if it doesn’t lag. But yet everytime I play Halo:CE I find myself going negative, spawn killed, and its like my shots don’t even hit?
>
> Has there been a patch directly fixing issues with Halo: CE yet? Or is Halo: CE just my achilles heel? Which would suck because its always what everyone votes for in Team Slayer.

Halo CE requires much more skill than the other halos and most of the halo CE players are really good cause we’ve been playing XBC for 13 years and are used to the bullet lag.

> 2533274810085985;5:
> It’s because Halo: CE multiplayer is actually that bad. As soon as you spawn, you’re getting shot. Then you respawn, and almost immediately are getting shot again. Not to mention headshots don’t count most of the time if they even land. Pretty much everything in it is off. I just don’t even aim for the head anymore, and hope they die from a bunch of body shots and a grenade (which are all over the place anyway since the grenades can shoot other grenades all over the map).
>
> It’s just drastically different than all the other games in the MCC. It’s not really that fun to play. Maybe once in a while, but I’m really not happy to see Halo CE more than Halo 4 in this game.

Boo hoo. Halo CE just requires more skill than the others. You get spawn killed because you die too much. I haven’t had any problems really.

> 2533274810085985;5:
> It’s because Halo: CE multiplayer is actually that bad. As soon as you spawn, you’re getting shot. Then you respawn, and almost immediately are getting shot again. Not to mention headshots don’t count most of the time if they even land. Pretty much everything in it is off. I just don’t even aim for the head anymore, and hope they die from a bunch of body shots and a grenade (which are all over the place anyway since the grenades can shoot other grenades all over the map).
>
> It’s just drastically different than all the other games in the MCC. It’s not really that fun to play. Maybe once in a while, but I’m really not happy to see Halo CE more than Halo 4 in this game.

It’s not the game. This version of the first halo game has slightly different hit boxes than the original.

Everything else you complained about isn’t the game though. The first Halo has a massive skill gap. If you keep getting crushed in Halo CE but are decent in the rest of the Halos, it just means you’re not good at Halo CE. Again, the skill gap is massive compared to H2 and the rest. It takes much more skill to be a good CE player than a H2, H3, or H4 player.

> 2533274821813997;8:
> Skill gap is massive in CE, if you’re average at 2/3 then you’ll be below average at CE.

Weird that isn’t true for me. Maybe you were referring to people who started on 2/3 and then tried CE.

I started on CE and I am far better at it than I am at 2/3

> 2533274877308559;12:
> > 2533274821813997;8:
> > Skill gap is massive in CE, if you’re average at 2/3 then you’ll be below average at CE.
>
>
> Weird that isn’t true for me. Maybe you were referring to people who started on 2/3 and then tried CE.
>
> I started on CE and I am far better at it than I am at 2/3

Stop being a noob then! If you’re good at CE you’ve got no excuse.

Netcode in H1 is just plain terrible.

i was an avid CE player and i can say theres definitely something off with the pistol. you can be aiming directly at the guy with reticle right over him and the shots will randomly hit and miss despite the aim being in the exact same spot. it might have to do with it being the pc version, but the xbox version was definitely better

Use a gghost, I’m a disaster in CE but in that game the ghost it’s unbeatable! :smiley:

> 2533274864749393;4:
> Halo CE has the least amount of aim-assist in the series.

This. Halo: CE was developed as a game that required more skill. Now, I’m not saying that Halo 2/3/4 don’t, but with the rise of Xbox Live (which Halo: CE wasn’t developed for), the use of aim-assist was necessary for the sake of latency. As with real life, bullets won’t always hit right on target, especially at long distances. On the flip side, I found Halo 4 very difficult to play (I haven’t played it before) as I’m more of a CE player and I don’t like the CoD style, and that with the amount of rude team-killing players has ruined my K/D for the time being.

It’s weird because I am better at CE than I am at 2/3

> 2533274877308559;6:
> - My guess is you just don’t quite understand
>
> halo 1 yet. I say this because I bought this game to play halo 1. I loved the first game and I always believed that I was better at the first one than the others. The game plays just as I remember it. You have to lead the target with the pistil, sometimes its hard to know if your bullets are landing but its just trial and error, you will get more confident with it as you play.
>
> My K/D with halo 1 is like yours with the other game. I’m almost always going positive especially in match making and that’s because of my confidence with the pistil.

HAHAHAHAgamesucksbro

As most people here have said, Halo 1 simply has a larger skill gap between players and requires you to actively learn the game to get better.

You getting spawn killed is probably your team’s fault and something that can be avoided, that or the other team is just way better than you. Check out HaloSpawns.com. 4v4 spawns can get a bit out of control in a room of strangers, so it’s nice to know that the CE playlist will be 2v2 where the spawns are very player-controlled.

The netcode in Halo 1 MCC has been improved recently but it still needs work. Pistol shots can be inconsistent, it’s something we have to deal with as we wait for a patch (if you played Halo 3 you should be fine with this=P). That being said I don’t think it’s an excuse for losing or something that will stop a skilled team from using strong strategy and map control. Try giving some of Missingno’s videos a watch.