Am I Any Good?

So what do you guys think am I any good?

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/ServiceRecord?gamertag=cMARVEL360

My 1 goal is to try to get a overall 2.00 KD before Halo 4 comes out.

Better than me…

BPR = 77, so yes, I would say you are good at this game.

Honestly though, as long as you enjoy playing Reach, that’s all that matters :slight_smile:

A 1.46 K/D is fairly good, but it isn’t 100% accurate due to the lack of ranked searching.

> A 1.46 K/D is fairly good, but it isn’t 100% accurate due to the lack of ranked searching.

Truer words never been spoken. When I see all the 0. something Inheritors out there… urgh

Just a week ago my BPR was 75 and my K/D was 1.44. Thanks for the replys you guys i’m just wondering what my Halo Peers think of me. I have some Videos that I had a friend cap for me. If you guys are interested in watching some of my gameplay there are the links. . .

Squad Slayer 2 Vs. 4

Tu Territories (Breakneck)

BTB Slayer (Breakneck)

Slayer DMRs (Countdown)

Trick Shot

Sick Stick

Yeah you are pretty good from what the service record says. But the stats aren’t everything.
For example:
My stats say that I am terrible but I can beat most people that want to play me in a 1v1. Not saying that I am better than you (which I am probably not) just that people can be better or worse than what the stats say.
Also: (Warning, this is off-topic)
If you want to try out for my clan, Gravity Gaming, message me and we will play a 1v1 match and if you win you can join the clan if you wish. The rules include:

1. No Rocket Launcher
  2. No Energy Sword
  3. No Gravity Hammer
  4. Show sportsmanship (No teabagging)
  5. You have to be 13+ to enter the clan
    If you are interested message me on Xbox Live. My gamertag is Gravity x Storm.

> A 1.46 K/D is fairly good, but it isn’t 100% accurate due to the lack of ranked searching.

Yaa i normally Flysolo and there is no way i’m going to be facing teams that spend times in custom games learning call out and i don’t know what the F. I know what it’s like to get shut down tottally from a game and not even have a chance to come out and do anything. Those people aren’t normal naturally skilled people like me. Those are weirdos who play like they’re winning the million dollar game every game all the time. I’m still trying to play with honor and with moving around the map doing my thing with out map control and power weapons. I’m sure you can see that i tend to snipe a lot but i don’t camp it, i don’t horde it. In ranked games the Ego’s are bigger and people do what it takes to win. Call outs, Map control, power weapon spawn, this new tacky hive minded tactic that doesn’t work when people crouch when in DMR fights. That’ll lead to people buying new speical controllers, newer tvs and speical headphones. People are going over the edge now a days. I’m still rocking a wireless controll you know. LOL!

> Yeah you are pretty good from what the service record says. But the stats aren’t everything.

I have some videos i posted up if you wanna take a look at them.

You look pretty good to me.

Good luck getting a 2.0 K/D, but it’ll be tricky. You’ll have to average well over 2.0 though to get it in time.

> > A 1.46 K/D is fairly good, but it isn’t 100% accurate due to the lack of ranked searching.
>
> Truer words never been spoken. When I see all the 0. something Inheritors out there… urgh

Sorry - I’m 0.7 and should hit Inheritor next month some time.

I may check out the videos. Please do not think I was trying to downgrade you with my comment. Sorry if I did sound that way.
And about Gravity Gaming:
We are not a clan that accepts nothing but winning. We like to enjoy ourselves and just play the game. We take the game serious but not so serious that our controllers end up in a wall or the tv screen ha.

I’m not gonna post what I think because I don’t want to get perma-banned for stat flaming… -_-

> I’m not gonna post what I think because I don’t want to get perma-banned for stat flaming… -_-

There’s a difference in stat flaming by saying “You suck bro,” rather than saying, “Your K/D isn’t the best I’ve seen but here’s how you can improve.”

Since the OP is asking for opinions, as long as you’re respectful and offer advice, you’ll be fine. :slight_smile:

Ok then I’ll be honest.

In terms of K/D there is very little you can derive from this statistic. Yours if 1.46 which is decent, but irrelevant to this discussion. There is absolutely no way in hell you can tell how good a player is by his K/D, given that is is positive. I have seen people with 200,000 kills and 30,000 deaths - all because they boosted in Grifball - and then beaten them no sweat. The only indicator of a bad player is if they have a negative K/D, which you don’t so that’s good :).

BPR however, is quite useful in determining how good a player is. Your BPR is 77 which is no doubt above average - however having a BPR above 80 is really what sets the good from the bad. Most decent people will have a BPR of 100 easily, so this is something I think you should work on. Good luck with that.

See, that’s a good post. That wasn’t so bad, was it? :slight_smile:

Thank you. <3

I checked out one of your videos- the 2v4 game, and judging by the date it is probably the most recent representation of your skill level, and how you approach the game.

You are a good player but there are some things I noticed:

In the beginning of the match I noticed that you or your teammate did not rush to rockets even though the red team has the easiest and quickest path to the rockets on boardwalk.

You seem to be doing well with the DMR when shooting someone at a distance, however when your enemy is close up your reticle somehow is all over the place. This may be because of your sensitivity. I would suggest 3 or 4 sensitivity for improved accuracy in those chaotic situations.

Your grenade placements at sniper spawn were very good, it was almost funny seeing the other team just die one by one. However many of your Nades are instinctive, I feel you have more success when you plan out what to do with your nades than when you just throw it out there under pressure. If your grenade does not hit the mark while your opponent is facing you, then your opponent will probably have 2 or 3 shots on you already.

You do a good job not rushing your opponents like they seem to be rushing you, i like how you don’t sprint at every enemy you see.

You also seem to have an idea of when the power weapons respawn when you take them, even though you didn’t go for rockets initially.

Overall good, but could be refined more.

> Ok then I’ll be honest.
>
> In terms of K/D there is very little you can derive from this statistic. Yours if 1.46 which is decent, but irrelevant to this discussion. There is absolutely no way in hell you can tell how good a player is by his K/D, given that is is positive. I have seen people with 200,000 kills and 30,000 deaths - all because they boosted in Grifball - and then beaten them no sweat. The only indicator of a bad player is if they have a negative K/D, which you don’t so that’s good :).
>
> BPR however, is quite useful in determining how good a player is. Your BPR is 77 which is no doubt above average - however having a BPR above 80 is really what sets the good from the bad. Most decent people will have a BPR of 100 easily, so this is something I think you should work on. Good luck with that.

My only question is Who the F plays Grifball? LOL! Also i think in my case you don’t have to worry about boosting or any type my K/D is is a tale of good times and bad.

I wouldn’t base anything off of the BPR. It isn’t a true skill rating and isn’t entirely accurate.

Example:

My primary account: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloReach/ServiceRecord?gamerTag=Skull%20Yautja

My secondary account: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloReach/ServiceRecord?gamerTag=Duo%20Vandal

100 BPR on each. Either I have a very good consistency or this system doesn’t look for a lot of differences.

> I checked out one of your videos- the 2v4 game, and judging by the date it is probably the most recent representation of your skill level, and how you approach the game.
>
> You are a good player but there are some things I noticed:
>
> In the beginning of the match I noticed that you or your teammate did not rush to rockets even though the red team has the easiest and quickest path to the rockets on boardwalk.
>
> You seem to be doing well with the DMR when shooting someone at a distance, however when your enemy is close up your reticle somehow is all over the place. This may be because of your sensitivity. I would suggest 3 or 4 sensitivity for improved accuracy in those chaotic situations.
>
> Your grenade placements at sniper spawn were very good, it was almost funny seeing the other team just die one by one. However many of your Nades are instinctive, I feel you have more success when you plan out what to do with your nades than when you just throw it out there under pressure. If your grenade does not hit the mark while your opponent is facing you, then your opponent will probably have 2 or 3 shots on you already.
>
> You do a good job not rushing your opponents like they seem to be rushing you, i like how you don’t sprint at every enemy you see.
>
> You also seem to have an idea of when the power weapons respawn when you take them, even though you didn’t go for rockets initially.
>
> Overall good, but could be refined more.

The other games i posted are the most latest in terms of what i recently played. The 2 V 4 was just the most recent upload. I also play a number of PC games and i guess it also has somethign to do with how quick i get the information to my brain but i need a fast rate of turn. My sensitivity is at 7. But i really do know what you’re tlaking about when the enemy gets too close it’s a issue that happens a lot but i feel that it’s the contoller as much as it is me. I had an onza that i broke recently that made that issue i was having go away. But i’m back to the wireless which i’m happy about because it’s wireless LOL! I honestly have noo clue what time any weapons spawn on any map for all Halo games. I’ve just been playing Halo long enough to develop a sixth sense about things. I didn’t always go for the power weapons because if i did i’d have to be on top of those weapons all the time and they out number me so they’d be encouraged to pick them up and that would have made the game harder. Also I like to keep my weapons on hand instead of owning power weapons and power points on map. “Overall Good, but could improve” is indeed how i feel about myself. I’m also a big time stoner and it can and does cause inconsistencies. I also don’t surround myself with those “Try Hard” people so my thinking is a bit different than the people who know Halo tatics. Like for example you said one side has an easier side to the rockets, that’s something i really don’t look to care about.