Always playing with gamers that are higher skill

I am constantly put into lobbies in arena andwarzone with players that are cleatlrly not my skill level. If you don’t believe me, look at my win vs loss streak. You will see persistant loss streaks and both arena and warzone Win vs loss is both negative. Keep in mind on another thing. My search is on focused so you can’t explain the reason on that. Are you ever going to give me a better chance or keep putting me with higher ranked players due to spartan rank of over 140. That doesn’t seem fair.

Well, your Spartan Rank has nothing to do with anything as far as you who you get matched up with in game.

In any case, Warzone is a mixed bag because it’s 12 on 12, so of course not everyone is going to be around the same skill level all the time. As far as Arena is concerned, depending on your rank in the playlist, you always have a chance of being pitted against people a tier higher or lower than you. Also, I don’t think the Focused Search option does what you think it’s supposed to do.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> Well, your Spartan Rank has nothing to do with anything as far as you who you get matched up with in game.
>
> In any case, Warzone is a mixed bag because it’s 12 on 12, so of course not everyone is going to be around the same skill level all the time. As far as Arena is concerned, depending on your rank in the playlist, you always have a chance of being pitted against people a tier higher or lower than you. Also, I don’t think the Focused Search option does what you think it’s supposed to do.

And to add with what this gentleman said, gaming with higher skilled players helps you as a player to adapt to the fast pace and gaming style you would see in the higher tiers.

48% Win percentage and nearly 2.0 k/d…whatcha complaining about again…???

It looks like you mostly play social where the game takes skill into consideration far less when finding matches as well…

Oh and you can have ZERO expectations when playing Warzone.

I do understand what you’re saying. I’ve been playing mostly unranked Skirmish lately and I had one day when my first seven game were loses. Seemed like the game was trying to make me quit. OTOH if I’m playing ranked, solo and I get a win % close to .50 and a K/D at 1.0 or higher I think the system is doing it’s job. If you want to win 80% of your games you’re asking for unfair matchmaking. There are a few players who have 75% wins and 5.0 K/Ds, but they are highly skilled and usually team with other highly skilled players.

As the population goes down (the game’s been out almost a year and a half) it’s going to leave the vets and hardcore players, so getting fair matches as a mid level player will be hard with any system.

I can understand the double k/d and the fact my highest rank was diamond 4, but there are some factors at play here. I do a heavy amount of infection and grifball. The k/d on those game types can be very high. I tried ranked arena but always do terrible. I dont even know why I managed to get to diamond rank. My best guess is that I was platinum 5 on the previous season. Of course, I lost 7 out of the 10 matches to get a ranking for the season, and somehow I am diamond 4. Most of my k/d in those matches are negative too. Made no sense. Isn’t this proof there may be some major flaws in the ranking system and to the point, who I play with.

If you don’t believe about my lack of skill in ranked matches, compare wins/loss, k/d, and overall rank for all of them. I have lost more then won in both arena and warzone. It seems I’m losing at least 70% of all games I play daily and 343 is basically slapping me across the face and telling me to “get gewd” maybe I’m at the peak of what I’m capable of and cannot adapt. So cut me some slack.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> Well, your Spartan Rank has nothing to do with anything as far as you who you get matched up with in game.
>
> In any case, Warzone is a mixed bag because it’s 12 on 12, so of course not everyone is going to be around the same skill level all the time. As far as Arena is concerned, depending on your rank in the playlist, you always have a chance of being pitted against people a tier higher or lower than you. Also, I don’t think the Focused Search option does what you think it’s supposed to do.

a tier higher right? bt what about 2 or 3? i’ve even seen games where silvers were matched against onyx. nobody should be trying to defend this terrrible MM system

> 2533274861738258;6:
> I can understand the double k/d and the fact my highest rank was diamond 4, but there are some factors at play here. I do a heavy amount of infection and grifball. The k/d on those game types can be very high. I tried ranked arena but always do terrible. I dont even know why I managed to get to diamond rank. My best guess is that I was platinum 5 on the previous season. Of course, I lost 7 out of the 10 matches to get a ranking for the season, and somehow I am diamond 4. Most of my k/d in those matches are negative too. Made no sense. Isn’t this proof there may be some major flaws in the ranking system and to the point, who I play with.

literally almost the exact same thing here. i know i perform at high old/low plat level, ive no idea how i was given a diamond 4 rank in slayer… i also lost a majrity of matches

> 2533274845049326;3:
> > 2586218893181855;2:
> > Well, your Spartan Rank has nothing to do with anything as far as you who you get matched up with in game.
> >
> > In any case, Warzone is a mixed bag because it’s 12 on 12, so of course not everyone is going to be around the same skill level all the time. As far as Arena is concerned, depending on your rank in the playlist, you always have a chance of being pitted against people a tier higher or lower than you. Also, I don’t think the Focused Search option does what you think it’s supposed to do.
>
> And to add with what this gentleman said, gaming with higher skilled players helps you as a player to adapt to the fast pace and gaming style you would see in the higher tiers.

Yes and no. a GRADUAL increase in player skill helps you adapt. Being throwin into a mtch with someone who is a whole tier or more above you is just you going to get your -Yoink- kicked this game…

by simply looking at your profile, you have achieved a best of diamond 4 on team arena which is very good and competitive and you have overall over a 2.0 kda. that means you will match with either the same skills as you or even better onyx players. if you get a full team around your skill and placement you will more likely to match similar opponents but i understand that matchmaking is still broken to this day.

> 2535416646700910;8:
> > 2586218893181855;2:
> > Well, your Spartan Rank has nothing to do with anything as far as you who you get matched up with in game.
> >
> > In any case, Warzone is a mixed bag because it’s 12 on 12, so of course not everyone is going to be around the same skill level all the time. As far as Arena is concerned, depending on your rank in the playlist, you always have a chance of being pitted against people a tier higher or lower than you. Also, I don’t think the Focused Search option does what you think it’s supposed to do.
>
> a tier higher right? bt what about 2 or 3? i’ve even seen games where silvers were matched against onyx. nobody should be trying to defend this terrrible MM system

It happens, but usually only when population in a playlist is really low and said higher tiers are partied together (oftentimes in Doubles). Though I myself have never seen a team of Silvers matched up against Diamonds/Onyxes. Could also have been a case of the Silvers getting teamed with higher tiers, resulting in them being tossed in a high-tier match or something like that.

Dude my KD in Halo 4 was 2.71 and now mine is like 1.2 in Halo 5. I guess what I’m saying is, is that you really are not having an issue.

I think the OP has a legitimate complaint. Ranking in H5 is easily in the top 3 things I hate most about this game (next to the maps and BR 85). The season idea is garbage and losing XP to unranked players is infuriating. The only consistency to H5 Match Making is its inconsistency to find close matches!

> 2586218893181855;12:
> > 2535416646700910;8:
> > > 2586218893181855;2:
> > > Well, your Spartan Rank has nothing to do with anything as far as you who you get matched up with in game.
> > >
> > > In any case, Warzone is a mixed bag because it’s 12 on 12, so of course not everyone is going to be around the same skill level all the time. As far as Arena is concerned, depending on your rank in the playlist, you always have a chance of being pitted against people a tier higher or lower than you. Also, I don’t think the Focused Search option does what you think it’s supposed to do.
> >
> > a tier higher right? bt what about 2 or 3? i’ve even seen games where silvers were matched against onyx. nobody should be trying to defend this terrrible MM system
>
> It happens, but usually only when population in a playlist is really low and said higher tiers are partied together (oftentimes in Doubles). Though I myself have never seen a team of Silvers matched up against Diamonds/Onyxes. Could also have been a case of the Silvers getting teamed with higher tiers, resulting in them being tossed in a high-tier match or something like that.

but 343 themselves said that pops have been the highest monthly average since H3? i honestly really dont think slayer has such a low population that the matching is that bad… its called a broken system nothing else to it