Alternative to Sprint:

I can imagine that big fight going between sprit-haves for and sprint-nots

Before I made this topic I was mostly for the sprint haves, I hated the idea of no sprint cause even though I played H3 which was my first game, sprint made things feel faster and made chasing down people a lot more fun. And when I went back to lay H3 tings felt clunky and slow. However after a bit of talk with one of the more rational members on this forum, and looking at some gameplay of H3 and H4 side by side, it seems like the general movement speed without sprint is pretty much the same.

That being said I think as an alternative to sprint, just increase the general running speed a little, not a lot, and not to much, this can help those who prefer to move fast to feel fast without sprint and those who don’t want sprint don’t have to worry about getting ran up and die fast, nor do they have to worry about frustrations when their prey runs away making things simpler to deal with.

It can “even” things out a little bit more since everyone can move at the same speed.

it’s a more subtle middle ground

Agree? tell me why?

Disagree? why do you disagree? and if ya disagree tell us your ideas that’d be much more of a middle ground?

Completely agree. This is pretty much the route I hope they take with Halo 5. Have less massive maps built specifically so sprint can work and I’d be just dandy.

Thanks =)

Agree. I have no problem with Sprint at all just my big problem is Jetpackers with Snipers finding a good place to hide on the map and you can’t find them unless you see the bullet trail and spot where they are and they’re way up on a rock where there is suppose to be a kill zone. Jetpackers are my worst enemy in Halo. They should make the jetpacks equal to what Elites use. I don’t mind Elites using jetpacks because they can’t get high enough to snipe from afar. 343 should fix the jetpack ability in H4 and H5. To me that’s a big issue. People camping with a sniper rifle on a rock with a jetpack is so annoying. It’s much worse than snipers with camo ability. And I’m talking about this being in mulitplayer not in custom games. I have no problem with them in custom games or how over used they are. Multiplayer should be fixed with the jetpack problem.

I think this works.
That way gameplay speed can be maintained and keep the haters of sprint happy.

> Agree. I have no problem with Sprint at all just my big problem is Jetpackers with Snipers finding a good place to hide on the map and you can’t find them unless you see the bullet trail and spot where they are and they’re way up on a rock where there is suppose to be a kill zone. Jetpackers are my worst enemy in Halo. They should make the jetpacks equal to what Elites use. I don’t mind Elites using jetpacks because they can’t get high enough to snipe from afar. 343 should fix the jetpack ability in H4 and H5. To me that’s a big issue. People camping with a sniper rifle on a rock with a jetpack is so annoying. It’s much worse than snipers with camo ability. And I’m talking about this being in mulitplayer not in custom games. I have no problem with them in custom games or how over used they are. Multiplayer should be fixed with the jetpack problem.

That’s a weee bit off topic Alei…

Point being this suggestion is to make the game faster without effecting the gameplay.

This idea still works anyway. No harm done.

> Agree. I have no problem with Sprint at all just my big problem is Jetpackers with Snipers finding a good place to hide on the map and you can’t find them unless you see the bullet trail and spot where they are and they’re way up on a rock where there is suppose to be a kill zone. Jetpackers are my worst enemy in Halo. They should make the jetpacks equal to what Elites use. I don’t mind Elites using jetpacks because they can’t get high enough to snipe from afar. 343 should fix the jetpack ability in H4 and H5. To me that’s a big issue. People camping with a sniper rifle on a rock with a jetpack is so annoying. It’s much worse than snipers with camo ability. And I’m talking about this being in mulitplayer not in custom games. I have no problem with them in custom games or how over used they are. Multiplayer should be fixed with the jetpack problem.

I really do feel that jetpacks break the flow of the game and map.

Yep. Can’t have Snipers being Snipers.

Edit/Addition for clarity: I have a bit of an internal conflict with the jet pack. It’s useful when I utilize it, yet it’s a bit of pain in the -Yoink- when in the opponents hands. It’s a bit of a hypocritical area though. Love it when I possess it, hate the very idea of it when opponents use it very well. Yet this a topic about sprint…not jet packs…thus I shall stop here.

Well sprint feels good I find. I think being able to fire immediately without having to pause would fix things. If an enemy runs away and I try to shoot him, I may get slowed down and he may get away by the time I can fire. But if it was instant, then catching up might be easier.

That would work too.

I’m not totally against getting rid of sprint, but I’ll post my opinion FWIW.

I think they should either eliminate, or substantially simplify, loadouts (get rid of armor abilities - at least as part of the loadout) and put power weapons back on the map.

Then they should give everyone sprint AND evade.

> Disagree? why do you disagree? and if ya disagree tell us your ideas that’d be much more of a middle ground?

I personally think that the movement speed (sans sprint) is fine as is, but I’m not entirely opposed to the idea of increasing it. I’d have to play it and see how it works with the rest of the game. My biggest worry is that it might end up feeling like we’re all on ice skates.

Ignoring how it feels and focusing on how it plays: If the map size is designed to suit the movement speed, then traveling won’t be any slower without sprint. However, movement speed affects strafing and precision of movement, so changing it could alter how gun battles play out and make it more difficult to hit targets. I’d be unqualified to judge whether that impact would be good or bad for the game, because I’m not a skilled player.